Release Date?

stormrider

Distrust because of no communication =/= A valid reason to not communicate. Seriously.

And again, as you obviously didn't read my post: Trust, that is something they ought to feel they owe the community they intend to sell their product to. Trust, as in a little communication with us, and not ignoring us until they want money from us.

Incorrect; until they have a product to sell you are not a customer. I'm sure they like money just fine and their current development plans, read FSX, are providing sufficient funds. From my understanding they are somewhat co-developing for FSX and DCS with a heavier focus on FSX. Our market is not big enough for them to drop everything and develop for DCS.

Again, they don't owe you nor I anything. Would it be nice if they presented the occasional the tidbit - absolutely!

I will say the constant moaning and whining is what causes Devs to become reclusive. Hell look what happened when ED was doing regular Friday updates - the madness from some pathetic forum members caused that to get axed.

This could be the dumbest thing I have ever heard. If you post something on these forums about a development of an aircraft, your intent is to sell it. To make money in this world you must market your product and advertise it. The reason that they are so focused on FSX is because they know very little about marketing. Perhaps DCSW has developed a bad wrap over the years with not putting out information and that is why people have strayed away from them.

Distrust because of no communication =/= A valid reason to not communicate. Seriously.

And again, as you obviously didn't read my post: Trust, that is something they ought to feel they owe the community they intend to sell their product to. Trust, as in a little communication with us, and not ignoring us until they want money from us.

+1

Communication is Key

• ED Team

And when they have something they feel they want to show you, they will... but whining and threatening them with your business isnt helping...

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

They owe us, the customers, trust if they ever want to sell us anything (if they against all odds will ever actually finish a DCS module). Saying "guys, were developing 5 modules" and for all intents and purposes not saying a thing until a release is on the table is not a good way of developing a sense of trust in the community. If anything, it comes across more like "don't bother us. We'll pay attention to you when we want your money". It's marketing 101, they do indeed owe us regular communication if they intend to sell us a product down the road. It's not much to ask for.

I'm gonna get a lil nasty, but so be it.

A. They don't Owe you Anything

B. You're Not a Customer until you buy something from them, in which case you haven't so it goes back to Point A.

The general theme of :

"You have to supply us updates whenever we ask for them or make a thread for one" is getting repetitive and old, along with the Assumption that these studios can put out Hi-Fidelity Modules in a matter of a few months to a year starting with no code library or knowledge of the software.

And please don't chime back with "They are pumping out FSX add-ons every few weeks".

And if you actually look around and pay attention, there have been updates from Team Members in regards to 3D Modelling and AFM Development.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

^Search function on the top of the page.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

I'm gonna get a lil nasty, but so be it.

A. They don't Owe you Anything

B. You're Not a Customer until you buy something from them, in which case you haven't so it goes back to Point A.

The general theme of :

"You have to supply us updates whenever we ask for them or make a thread for one" is getting repetitive and old, along with the Assumption that these studios can put out Hi-Fidelity Modules in a matter of a few months to a year starting with no code library or knowledge of the software.

And please don't chime back with "They are pumping out FSX add-ons every few weeks".

And if you actually look around and pay attention, there have been updates from Team Members in regards to 3D Modelling and AFM Development.

We're all potential customers. From a marketing perspective posting a one sentence update "we are working on X" can be enough to make a potential customer excited enough to tell another person about the product, it also keeps the product fresh in your mind. Surely that's good for business.

If they went to the trouble make a forum in the first place, they might as well make the most of it.

Silence always looks like a project has been abandoned, as well as hiding comments inside huge threads.

Edited by CaptainPecan

Top Gun - 1987 (Nintendo Entertainment System)

After Burner II - 1987 (Sega Mega Drive)

Air Combat - 1995 (Sony Playstation)

Ace Combat 04: Shattered Skies - 2001 (Sony Playstation 2)

Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X - 2009 (Xbox 360)

Janes Advanced Strike Fighters - 2011 (PC)

No no, you heard them. I forgot that DCS is apparently special, and as such we should feel blessed that someone might be developing a module. Treating anything about DCS like a product is to be whining and ungrateful. :doh:

• Like 1

No no, you heard them. I forgot that DCS is apparently special, and as such we should feel blessed that someone might be developing a module. Treating anything about DCS like a product is to be whining and ungrateful. :doh:

I must say I don't understand why you are so angry about the fact that they don't communicate much, or at all. I'd say it only proves that you really, really want to play their modules ;)

The fact is, your money is still in your pocket, you have not lost anything to them. Of course, a DCS module is a product. But in Razbam case, there is no product yet, so what's the point in getting upset about it? It's not like they asked you to pay a few hundred bucks 4 years in advance to have the right to play space garage and space turret V.0.001. There, you could get pissed :D

Relax, do/play something else, don't get frustrated. And when/if it's done, you'll have the choice to buy it or not.

We're all potential customers. From a marketing perspective posting a one sentence update "we are working on X" can be enough to make a potential customer excited enough to tell another person about the product, it also keeps the product fresh in your mind. Surely that's good for business.

If they went to the trouble make a forum in the first place, they might as well make the most of it.

Silence always looks like a project has been abandoned, as well as hiding comments inside huge threads.

I know right.

Communication is Key

This could be the dumbest thing I have ever heard. If you post something on these forums about a development of an aircraft, your intent is to sell it. To make money in this world you must market your product and advertise it. The reason that they are so focused on FSX is because they know very little about marketing. Perhaps DCSW has developed a bad wrap over the years with not putting out information and that is why people have strayed away from them.

+1

Really, my comment was the dumbest thing you ever heard (really read) yet you don't see any errors with your comment? Interesting...

When a developer posts something about an aircraft their intent it to develop code and a 3D model for it - selling it is a by product of labor and expense incurred and is determined by the developer.

So the reason they are focused on FSX is because they don't know how to market their product? Really? And for some reason you don't think this is the dumbest comment you have ever typed? They market a product when they have a product to sell. They focus on FSX because it is an established market and they have the most experience with the code of FSX. They market their FSX products, but somehow with your great intelligence you determined that they don't know how to market a DCS product - REALLY?????

DCS/ED has not developed a bad "wrap." DCS has only been open to third party Devs for just a little over a year to begin with. Further, developers have access to a developer forum, which we do not, and it has been stated many times there's a lot more communication going on there. Devs can also get support from ED, to what extent I imagine is negotiated in the beginning of a project.

You speak as if you are an expert but your statements prove that you know nothing about the subject at hand. Yet you think my comment was the dumbest you have "heard" (read), congrats your self-entitled attitude is what is wrong with part of this community.

Maybe you should go back to CoD where you get a re-skinned game every year and you think it's "new."

Win 10 Pro 64Bit | 49" UWHD AOC 5120x1440p | AMD 5900x | 64Gb DDR4 | RX 6900XT

• ED Team
I must say I don't understand why you are so angry about the fact that they don't communicate much, or at all. I'd say it only proves that you really, really want to play their modules ;)

The fact is, your money is still in your pocket, you have not lost anything to them. Of course, a DCS module is a product. But in Razbam case, there is no product yet, so what's the point in getting upset about it? It's not like they asked you to pay a few hundred bucks 4 years in advance to have the right to play space garage and space turret V.0.001. There, you could get pissed :D

Relax, do/play something else, don't get frustrated. And when/if it's done, you'll have the choice to buy it or not.

+1

64Sig.png

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

+1

+1 for what? Isnt this the actual reason why people there are pissed? Not communicating developer with announced modules on this forum. Two years almost without any sign of progress. Then tell me if RAZBAM is really worthy to be there or at least announce modules that seems to be dead. It results in hassle like this. Then it is late to tell others to calm down because they want to know something more about announced stuff. Two years...

I dont mean it bad. I was pretty excited when I found Harrier in RAZBAM subforum. I found some screenshots of WIP cockpit with nice view at Georgia... Then I found out it is almost two years old. No news anywhere. So I ignore this RAZBAM subforum and I am fine with it. I recomment it to others too. Relax your nerves.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Maybe some of these folks need to find a better way to spend their time... If not receiving constant notifications regarding their pet project gets your undies in a bunch and all you can do is pen flame posts about how mad you are about it..

You may just want to find something else to do... I can promise you that moving from thread to thread spoutning the same statements over and over is not going to make things any better...

"Pride is a poor substitute for intelligence."

RAMBO

Maybe it is absence of "good guys" what would help stopping these nonsense flame wars. Have you ever noticed that most of these hassles starts with first defending reply after reply of pissed member?

Off topic like hell, but I cant help myself.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Maybe it is absence of "good guys" what would help stopping these nonsense flame wars. Have you ever noticed that most of these hassles starts with first defending reply after reply of pissed member?

Off topic like hell, but I cant help myself.

Good guys suck.

• ED Team

+1 for people for people relaxing and not harping on these guys expecting this to get you more than what they have to offer, if they never release anything, we are no worse off than before... Most of these 3rd party companies are big software manufactures , a lot of the times its just guys like you and me that want to make something for the Sim community... it might not be their day job, so you wont get the communication you might expect out of someone that does this full time as their primary source of income.

+1 for what? Isnt this the actual reason why people there are pissed? Not communicating developer with announced modules on this forum. Two years almost without any sign of progress. Then tell me if RAZBAM is really worthy to be there or at least announce modules that seems to be dead. It results in hassle like this. Then it is late to tell others to calm down because they want to know something more about announced stuff. Two years...

I dont mean it bad. I was pretty excited when I found Harrier in RAZBAM subforum. I found some screenshots of WIP cockpit with nice view at Georgia... Then I found out it is almost two years old. No news anywhere. So I ignore this RAZBAM subforum and I am fine with it. I recomment it to others too. Relax your nerves.

64Sig.png

+1 for people for people relaxing and not harping on these guys expecting this to get you more than what they have to offer, if they never release anything, we are no worse off than before... Most of these 3rd party companies are big software manufactures , a lot of the times its just guys like you and me that want to make something for the Sim community... it might not be their day job, so you wont get the communication you might expect out of someone that does this full time as their primary source of income.

You got some point. In this case it results to screaming simmers who would like to know anything new about DCS RAZBAM modules. And ignorant developer who doesnt respond. Maybe neither read it. Making it very funny situation when you think about it.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I think Chlebakus and other people here have no problem with developers and their work. Everyone understands, it's very time and money consuming.

The main reason of this fighting is because Razbam just posts a list of products, which are very unreal to get anytime soon and people get frustrated about it, because it looks like they are working hard on it.

If they would proceed like Belsimtek or ED, their most actual goal will be more realistic and people wouldn't be so confused about it. We can see huge amount of work on their T-2 already.

I don't care right now....I'm enjoying my UH-1.:)

• ED Team
You got some point. In this case it results to screaming simmers who would like to know anything new about DCS RAZBAM modules. And ignorant developer who doesnt respond. Maybe neither read it. Making it very funny situation when you think about it.

Here is my take on it, and how I approach it... if a dev wants to tell me something... great, if they dont, so be it.. I am not going to sit on their door step till they do, I am going to move to the next door.... know what I mean?

64Sig.png