[DCS:W - BS2] New "True Blue" Ka-50 Cockpit (English & Russian Versions)

Hi all,

For those of you that don't know, I've been working on a "recolour" of the Kamov cockpit based on the amazing photos at http://englishrussia.com/2011/06/23/the-flight-training-centre-in-torzhok/

I've tried to get each element of the pit as close as possible to the photos at that link and I'm happy enough to release it.

Full credit goes to Ricardo for his amazing HD cockpit and DEVRiM for adapting it for BS2/DCS:W. Russian Version uses ZMEY-HS- Russian Pit as a base.

Here are some pics of the Russian Version...English version is identical (apart from the obvious ;))

8UKOu.jpg

ePYXW.jpg

4E7JR.jpg

I8k1r.jpg

6lxz5.jpg

i1G16.jpg

DOWNLOAD HERE

Files are live, go go go!...

Hope you like it!,

Ebs.

Edited by Ebs
  • Like 4

Looks very good in comparison to the real pics. Great job! But ugly compared to the default colour. lol! Why do they paint them that colour? Black looks so much nicer in the shark. But on the other hand, I think this blue looks great in the flankers and frogfoot.

WHISPR | Intel I7 5930K | Nvidia GTX980 4GB GDDR5 | 16GB DDR4 | Intel 730 series 512GB SSD | Thrustmaster WARTHOG | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR4 pro |

|A-10C|BS2 |CA|P-51 MUSTANG|UH-1H HUEY|MI-8 MTV2 |FC3|F5E|M2000C|AJS-37|FW190|BF 109K|Mig21|A-10:SSC,EWC|L-39|NEVADA|

Looks very good in comparison to the real pics. Great job! But ugly compared to the default colour. lol! Why do they paint them that colour? Black looks so much nicer in the shark. But on the other hand, I think this blue looks great in the flankers and frogfoot.

hat blue/green/whatever has been used on Russian aircraft all the way back from the end of WW2 with some exceptions of course. Russian scientists say the color subconsciously relaxes and reduces stress in combat situations (in theory at least), where the pilot has to focus fully on his / her task.

AMD Phenom II x4 945 3.0ghz 8G Ram Windows 7 64bit ATI Radeon HD 5700 1G

I can't wait to try this. Question, is the blue pit viewable from external views?

Ebs, you seem to be a new member but very well versed in these types of mods? Please keep them coming...and welcome to the forum!

With new blue pit, i have flickering/sparkling on all instruments of the pits.

I don't have this on the previous DEVIM's pits.

Has anybody the same issue?

Same probelm.

Sorry about that guys. I did change the DDS compression on some of the files but the instruments I left alone...Any more info you could give? can you get a screenshot of it? What about graphics cards?

Could you try this first: in my zip, swap out devices.dds with Ricardo's original HD black devices.dds and see if the flickering goes away. If so, then I know how to fix it.

I mean this switch lids (caps), I want to paint them black.

ahh. That's devices.dds. simply swap that file out with Ricardo's original HD black devices.dds and you'll get black caps.

Edited by Ebs

OK many many 10x

Here now, I tried to replace yours and Zmey's texture and didn't work out (I got the orange warning "Missing textures"). It's probably because you saved their as DDS DXT3 and Zmey save them as DDS DXT5 perhaps that explains the flickering ...

Edit: OK, now I was able to swap files :smilewink: Now I have black switch caps, and I can quickly find switches. Even it seems to me that the FPS is higher :)

Screen_121116_192345.thumb.jpg.662b3f91631ddf3cf9cc52c0c648662e.jpg

Screen_121116_192414.thumb.jpg.7340cef7e59fd62edde24798a6c2dd90.jpg

Screen_121116_192609.thumb.jpg.b20b7701976c9ed500f8f92c9cca7b35.jpg

Edited by kobac

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]Everything is possible ...

Hello dear artists,

WOW great idea, I really love these black switch caps, please can you tell me if this new files will be available to downloaded ?

Once again, congratulation for your work, Skull.