[DCS:W - BS2] New "True Blue" Ka-50 Cockpit (English & Russian Versions)

...If I well understand in the close future all our HD cockpits will be not available with the future upgrade or patches for Black Shark 2 + DCS World ???

Is that really right? I didn't know that. How/where did you get that?

Intel i7-14700@5.6GHz | MSI RTX4080 Super SuprimX | Corsair V. 32GB@6400MHz. | Samsung 1TB 990 PRO SSD (Win10Homex64)
Samsung G5 32" + Samsung 18" + 2x8"TFT Displays | Saitek X-55 Rhino & Rudder | TM MFD Cougars | Logitech G13, G230, G510, PZ55 & Farming Sim Panel | TIR5
>>MY MODS<< | Discord: Devrim#1068

Hello dear Devrim,

When I read that:

Ed changed a bit the architecture of this sim, and created some new files that are so obvious that they should have Been in the sim since the begining..

In fact It's an error of my part, error of translation. So if I well understand with this new architecture Ricardo and you can created a new cockpit, better than today ?

So I'm so excited by this idea, a great news for 2013

I would to thank for your explanations, best regards. Skull

Yes, when they worked on that pit, it was a transition period between lock on and DSC.

They were many big areas in the pit that were using very small parts of the mapping files.

Some big sidewalls were using texture from an area smaller than a 5mm square.

Those over stretched textures are ugly when mixed with other photorealistic ones.

In flaming cliff texture files were at scale 1/1.

It was simpler to get consistency of textures in game.

With BS it was a double nightmare. Finding thoses very small areas without templates and work the dark black textures.

Now, the architecture of the soft becomes more logic, less files and they reduce the number of stretched textures.

By the way if someone knows we is the part I asked on my first post :thumbup::thumbup:

QUESTION : to avoid the flicking effect on jauges wich in kind of DDS format should I save my files?

...Ed changed a bit the architecture of this sim, and created some new files that are so obvious that they should have Been in the sim since the begining...:music_whistling:

As everyone does the same work twice, i need some help : i can't locate the texture wich is just around the right window in the file "Ka-50_recockpit_1".

Some kind of stupid ED 3D conception that uses 1mn of texture to create a huge surface in game...

Definitly that pit was the worse that they create in all ED history...

Yes, exactly. There are some textures -- I thought it was a texture. But it's just a little dot that streched by DCS. It was really hard to find it's source. Lost a lot of time. :)

And there're a lot of mistakes or odd texture work. I mean if you look at down, at your feet, rudder pedal area, you can see the textures of warning lights and compass part. That texture locates in "interior2.dds".

Rear gauges use some part of wall gauges and this is not good. And, I'm working with cockpit graphics for along time, but I've hardly found the needle colour of wall gauges. Wall gauges' needle colour source is in rear gauges!... In wall panel, the Engine Power Indicator section's background comes from "DC ground power source lamp". :)

Again I've hardly found the Lock button located in collective in "devices.dds". There is still a conflict (this word may be wrong) on UV-26. DCS displays two UV-26 at the same time. 1st one is the dash-board.dds from "english" folder, and 2nd one is "dash-board_specs.dds" from cockpit.zip. If pilot raises towards to ceiling, UV-26's looks mixed view (english and russian letters).

And I worked on recockpit_1, but DCS doesn't display it the resolution I made. I increased to 4096x4096. But it seems very distorted. I couldn't see a clear "KA-50 NB T9 3000075" label at upper-right corner of right side of the cockpit. There're also some issues about PVI-800 background that I've hardly made an acceptable view for myself...

And more I can't remember right now. Cockpit works are so funny and infuriating. :)

...i can't locate the texture wich is just around the right window in the file "Ka-50_recockpit_1".

Is that you mentioned?

attachment.php?attachmentid=75420

Ka-50_recockpit_1.jpg.2bd8fbf68d0e0b7bdad14b51de9a6870.jpg

Intel i7-14700@5.6GHz | MSI RTX4080 Super SuprimX | Corsair V. 32GB@6400MHz. | Samsung 1TB 990 PRO SSD (Win10Homex64)
Samsung G5 32" + Samsung 18" + 2x8"TFT Displays | Saitek X-55 Rhino & Rudder | TM MFD Cougars | Logitech G13, G230, G510, PZ55 & Farming Sim Panel | TIR5

thanks for thoses great informations devrim.

i still search for some textures that you may have already found.

i send you a screen, it will be more clear.:smartass:

join.thumb.jpg.cd736ca30fc28e0020c0270f847a6f5d.jpg

i knew that this is somewere in the file "recockpit."

i thought it was in the midle of the center of the right side window texture

(close to the front windows joints) because there is 4 textures shadowed there and the front windows are only three... but i was wrong.

the joint i am refering to, are pointed in red on my screenshot it is around the texture of the windows wich i already located.

thks

Edited by RICARDO

Ricardo; as we know it is an another very little dot; 1mm-square as you say. :)

I've found them. But let me short time to spot them precisely.

Ok. It was not a little dot. Slightly larger area. :)

These images are from my G-Blue Pit based on your works.

This is left window's edge from "Ka-50 interior.dds". Coloured square.

attachment.php?attachmentid=75429

And this is right window's edge from "Ka-50_recockpit_1.dds". Very coloured rectangle. :)

Edit: Oh! Except yellow rectangle. I've forgot to erase it!.

attachment.php?attachmentid=75430

DCS is using all this area in game. If you use this area, you'll see the window edge is full of these colours. I've just send you a link via PM to download interior and recockpit_1 dds files. You may download them if they help.

See you.

302850736_Ka-50interior.jpg.4121245c23e54dcde8489b077fcc5be5.jpg

Ka-50_recockpit_1.jpg.88dabfa62da2f04d06a4d6fdf72703fa.jpg

Edited by Devrim

great devrim!!! your better than me at finding needles ;-)

if i realy understand left window on the first file, right window in the recockpit one? they separate this texture on two different file??? and the windows in the same "recockpit" file. man, that's weard! they should give the job to germans moders it would be simpler and logical...

:D Yes you're completely right.

:D

• 2 weeks later...
... they should give the job to germans moders it would be simpler and logical...

I wonder if it is a coincidence that DCS rhymes with mess? ;-)

Keep up the good work!

Please fix the KA-50 bugs :-)

Black Shark: Controller profile & setup, TrackIR profile, pit.

Warthog HOTAS: Lubing the stick and extending the stick.

Posts on howto customize switches in DCS &

Must-have mods for DCS World and KA-50 (mostly JSGME).

Casual couch pilot, watching capped.tv...

• 1 month later...
hat blue/green/whatever has been used on Russian aircraft all the way back from the end of WW2 with some exceptions of course. Russian scientists say the color subconsciously relaxes and reduces stress in combat situations (in theory at least), where the pilot has to focus fully on his / her task.

That's interesting... Microsoft did the same thing when introducing Vista... you notice the green bar scrolling across when waiting during file operations. They said it was designed to have a calming effect but I still threw the bloody thing out the window! :doh:

• 5 months later...

I think this is "the real deal" http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=99751 Made also by Ricardo after the black one.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

Sorry for the necro, but is this more detailed or less than the one found here?

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=57370...

The mod in the link you gave was BlackPit (by RICARDO) for Black Shark 1

If you want to use black one for DCS World: Black Shark 2, I can suggest this > http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=94081

But if you mention about blue one, I think Zaelu is right.

• 2 years later...
Doesn't work for me. No change in the cockpit whatsoever (((

Is it even compatible with JSGME?

pretty much every mod is compatible with jsgme...problem is the file paths in DCS have changed over time..so you have to tweak that mod to use it

right path

Mods\aircraft\Ka-50\Cockpit\Textures

• Like 1

My Specs:

I don`t care..it is a Computer..a black one..

• 4 months later...

Hi guys,

So, after a long time using the true blue english cockpit, I decided to up the realism a bit by changing to russian version. I know all those buttons from memory anyway, so it should not be a problem.

But, after turning the instrument illumination on, this weird thing happens, anyone knows why? And how do I remedy that? I like to have that illumination on all the time.xwCQUDs.jpg

My setup: Intel i3 4170, NVidia GTX960, 4x4GB DDR3 1600MHz, 128GB Kingston SSD, FaceTrackNOIR

Modules: KA-50, Mig-21, SU-27, Mi-8

If the wings are traveling faster than the fuselage, it's probably a helicopter -- and therefore, unsafe