T.Hotas Warthog VS X52 pro what to buy

hi guys,

I need to buy a joystick for fsx and some jetfighters but i am not sure which one to get thrustmaster hotas warthog or saitek x52 pro?

can you guys who uses these 2 units give me some feedback on using these 2 joysticks in FSX, which one is more suitable?

thanks

technology_174a_008t.jpg.08b8963bf8addefed8894de10291c51e.jpg

technology_174a_013t.jpg.10ecc3f01987a01c1f1b31bf45de39d1.jpg

Mr.TOX

I have literally, i.e last night upgraded from an X52pro to a Warthog, and really, no comparison. If you can afford the Warthog, then this is the way to go...

Best Regards

Nigel

AKA Rubberduck

My Dad- Always check for paper before sitting down....:music_whistling:

Win7 64bBit,Intel® Core i7x4-3820 (3.6GHz), ASUS® SABERTOOTH X79, INTEL CERTIFIED LIQUID COOLING

16GB DDR3 2400MHz, NVIDIA GeFORCE GTX 680 4GB, 240GB INTEL® 520 SERIES SSD, 2TB WD CAVIAR BLACK

BLU-RAY ROM DRIVE, CORSAIR 750W ENTHUSIAST SERIES, AeroCool Touch 2000 LCD Touch Screen 4 Fan Controller

Creative Sound Blaster® X-Fi™ Xtreme Audio, Hotas WH, Saitek Pro-Flight Pedals & Cougar MFD's

Also depends on budget. You will have no rudder control with the warthog. But I would have to agree that the warthog is a better stick by far. I do have a x52 and have had it for a long time and have not had any problems in any game as of yet.

Good luck.

=RvE=Atomic

Alienware Area-51, Intel Core2 Quad CPU Q9400 @ 3.2GHz, 8gig Corsair XMS2 DDR2 Ram, EVGA SC GTX 570, Western Digital 1.0TB 64mb cache HD. Windows 7 Ultimate 64, Saitek X52 & Saitek Pro Peddals, TrackIR 4 Pro with Track Clip Pro.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

so no rudder control or front wheel steering, how do you guys manage? because initially i will not be ale to afford to buy rudder pedals too.

One more thing, Flaps in PMDG + Airbuses go with increments from say 1 to 4 plus but the t.h.warthog only have 3 switch flap settings, what do you do after 3?

thanks

Mr.TOX

I bought the X52 and pedals at the same time, so now use the Warthog and saitek pro flight pedals.

HTH

Best Regards

Nigel

AKA Rubberduck

Win7 64bBit,Intel® Core i7x4-3820 (3.6GHz), ASUS® SABERTOOTH X79, INTEL CERTIFIED LIQUID COOLING

16GB DDR3 2400MHz, NVIDIA GeFORCE GTX 680 4GB, 240GB INTEL® 520 SERIES SSD, 2TB WD CAVIAR BLACK

BLU-RAY ROM DRIVE, CORSAIR 750W ENTHUSIAST SERIES, AeroCool Touch 2000 LCD Touch Screen 4 Fan Controller

Creative Sound Blaster® X-Fi™ Xtreme Audio, Hotas WH, Saitek Pro-Flight Pedals & Cougar MFD's

Saitek has Quality of build issues.

It's a good starter joystick, but not for $200,

I got mine 4 or so years ago for $90 on sale, it lasted 4 years then failed (blinking lights, i went through the entire unit, replaced cables, nothing.)

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

Warthog and saitek pro flight pedals all the way.:thumbup:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

=&arrFilter_pf[gameversion]=&arrFilter_pf[filelang]=&arrFilter_pf[aircraft]=&arrFilter_CREATED_USER_NAME=chardly38&set_filter=Filter&set_filter=Y"]MY SKINS And Helios

i7 2600k 3.4 quad w/ Hyper N520 cpu fan_, Asus Sabertooth z77_, RX 580_, Corsair Vengeance 1800 8Gb ram_, 112 OCZ Vertex 3_, Corsair HX 1000, 3 screens res 5292x1050_,and 1 1680x1050 Helios Ir Tracker 5 with Pro Clip_,Hotas Warthog#12167 ...

i have another question about it, this is an unusual one.

The switches on the thwarthog are solid, yes but How loud are the switches when you use them? i mean: the click sound on them when you switch from one position to another, is it loud enough to disturb you surround family members if in the next room with door open ;))

Mr.TOX

The main flick switches on the throttle will only be used on start-up/shutdown and emergencies. Apart from the autopilot alt alt/path switch which you may use in flight. If you just flick the switch with your finger they are fairly loud, but I would say not enough to disturb anyone. The other way to operate them is to hold the toggle rather than flick it, which reduces the noise, as you are not letting the spring in the toggle switch control the motion. The rest of the hats and switches are nigh on silent in operation.

HTH

Edited by Rubberduck
spelling

Best Regards

Nigel

AKA Rubberduck

The main flick switches on the throttle will only be used on start-up/shutdown and emergencies. Apart from the autopilot alt alt/path switch which you may use in flight. If you just flick the switch with your finger they are fairly loud, but I would say not enough to disturb anyone. The other way to operate them is to hold the toggle rather than flick it, which reduces the noise, as you are not letting the spring in the toggle switch control the motion. The rest of the hats and switches are nigh on silent in operation.

HTH

thanks for that info i am please that it can be silent if you hold the toggle and than switch over.

Mr.TOX

Search for videos from SimHQ on Youtube. IIRC there is one where you can hear the sound of the switches and buttons quite well.

I had an X-52 Pro before my TM Warthog and there is no going back.

I'd say the only plus of the X-52 over the Warthog (next to the lower price) is that the X-52 has lower stick friction. But unless you want to do high precision aerobatics and formation flying this isn't really an issue.

How loud are the switches when you use them?

I just put up a quick and dirty video for you:

I tried to flip the switch in a normal way and in a quiet one, and lastly as loud as I could. Maybe it helps you some. I took the video with my mobile phone and it was just one hand-length away from the switch, so in the video it´s actually a tad bit louder than it would really be if you were a little farther away from it. Make sure you select HD to get the best audio quality.

Anyway, hope it helps. :)

Edited by Cookie

- Two miles of road lead nowhere, two miles of runway lead everywhere -

Click here for system specs

Cyprus,

If you can push it , Get the Warthog.

I myself have an x-65, and x52 pro.

I do like the mfd screen on the pro but the twist rudder is a pain as I find rudder input being applied as I move the stick. I have had a regular x-52 and the pro and never had a problem with either. The X-65 is a good stick for Combat sims but it does not move ( force sensing).

The Warthog gives you more options and you can get rudder later.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] CPIAS FOR Saitek:

Saitek Flight instrument panels and X-52 pro mfd scripts for Dcs

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=94174

thanks for your reply algerad3,

its good to hear from other x52 pro users and comparing the thw to it. Thats what i need one to 1 compares.

So can i do all the things on thwarthog that you do on the x52pro, such as toggle switch functions, key assingments suitable for fsx planes and pmdg?

thanks

Cyprus,

If you can push it , Get the Warthog.

I myself have an x-65, and x52 pro.

I do like the mfd screen on the pro but the twist rudder is a pain as I find rudder input being applied as I move the stick. I have had a regular x-52 and the pro and never had a problem with either. The X-65 is a good stick for Combat sims but it does not move ( force sensing).

The Warthog gives you more options and you can get rudder later.

Mr.TOX

Yup! Warthog...no comparison. I upgraded from the X45 to a T16000M and then a warthog. Uncomparable really. I even tried a X52 in store. Better than the X45...but warthog... is just something else.

WHISPR | Intel I7 5930K | Nvidia GTX980 4GB GDDR5 | 16GB DDR4 | Intel 730 series 512GB SSD | Thrustmaster WARTHOG | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR4 pro |

|A-10C|BS2 |CA|P-51 MUSTANG|UH-1H HUEY|MI-8 MTV2 |FC3|F5E|M2000C|AJS-37|FW190|BF 109K|Mig21|A-10:SSC,EWC|L-39|NEVADA|

It's a shame the Warthog Stick doesn't have a twist option.

I love my CH setup, but I have to revert to my x52 pro if I feel like kicking my feet up. I was really hoping the WH stick would allow for rudder control, but I'd rather have a sloppy x52 pro with no pedals, or stick to CH gear and have the real deal.

I'm sure the WH HOTAS is nice, but I just can't see replacing CH gear unless it offers a twist rudder (because I can't be arsed to have pedals in front of my PC very often).

I dunno. Nifty looking switches don't mean much if they're collecting dust in the attic, and sitting right next to my nice looking logitech car wheel/pedal setup, which is also no longer used (g25 or something).