SweetFX for DCS ??

It's definitely compatible, yes -- in fact it was recently integrated into Radeon Pro, and I've been playing with it a bit in DCS World. Haven't quite got the settings right yet though.

GregP could you post a dummies guide to installing it to World ?? :thumbup:

64 bit compatibility is only for AMD cards.

So you are saying it won't work on windows 7 64b with an nvidia graphic card ?

[sIGPIC]https://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic70550_3.gif[/sIGPIC]

Asus Z390-H - SSD M.2 EVO 970 - Intel I9 @5.0ghz - 32gb DDR4 4000 - EVGA 3090 - Cougar FSSB + Virpil WRBRD + Hornet Stick - Thrustmaster TPR Pedal + WinWing MIP + Orion + TO and CO pannels - Track IR5

So you are saying it won't work on windows 7 64b with an nvidia graphic card ?

SweetFX on it's own doesn't work with 64-bit executables. However, when it is used as part of Radeon Pro, it does. So no, you won't be able to run the 64-bit DCS executable with SweetFX right now. However, it should work with the 32-bit executable.

GregP could you post a dummies guide to installing it to World ?? :thumbup:

Well, are you using a Radeon card or Nvidia? If you don't want to use Radeon Pro, or you have an Nvidia card, just install it the exact same way you do with any other game -- unzip all files into your \DCS World\bin\ folder.

If you want to use Radeon Pro, download the latest version here, install it, go to the General Settings section and specify where you have SweetFX currently installed, create a profile for DCS and in that profile you'll see a SweetFX tab where you can select the values you want for each effect.

Yes tried today before reading this. win7 x64 doesn't work (nvidia). Too bad.

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 9 5900X, MSI MEG X570 UNIFY (AM4, AMD X570, ATX), Noctua NH-DH14, EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti XC3 ULTRA, Seasonic Focus PX (850W), Kingston HyperX 240GB, Samsung 970 EVO Plus (1000GB, M.2 2280), 32GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo DDR4-3600 DIMM CL16, Cooler Master 932 HAF, Samsung Odyssey G5; 34", Win 10 X64 Pro, Track IR, TM Warthog, TM MFDs, Saitek Pro Flight Rudders

Well, are you using a Radeon card or Nvidia? If you don't want to use Radeon Pro, or you have an Nvidia card, just install it the exact same way you do with any other game -- unzip all files into your \DCS World\bin\ folder.

If you want to use Radeon Pro, download the latest version here, install it, go to the General Settings section and specify where you have SweetFX currently installed, create a profile for DCS and in that profile you'll see a SweetFX tab where you can select the values you want for each effect.

Hi, I am running the latest Radeonpro 1.1.1.0 Beta - cant seem to find the section you mean in the "general settings"? Also do I just extract all the SweetFX files to a new folder and then point radpro to that?

It's definitely compatible, yes -- in fact it was recently integrated into Radeon Pro, and I've been playing with it a bit in DCS World. Haven't quite got the settings right yet though.

Haha, another AMD user! Man, isnt that magic that japamd did right there? :)

Guys, if needed I will make a video tutorial on that SweeFX stuff tomorrow. Gotta show some ATI love for japamd, his work on RadeonPro is amazing.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

System specs:

2500k @ 4.6 GHz

8GB RAM

HD7950 OC'd

Win7 x64

Posting tracks to make your DCS better - attention bump incoming!

I need a hand.. Was using the older RP, updated to the new Beta to get the sweetFX but can't get it to work..

I unzipped SweetFX to it's own folder, but I can't get RP to "see" it, and can't even check-mark "enable sweetfx"..

Anyone have any idea? Nothing out there for instructions on running it through radeonpro that I can find..

You mean it does not show up in radeon pro options?

tellme more about that stuff today in the evening .... you know where to find me ;-)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

There are two types of fighter pilots - those who have, and those who will execute a magnificent break turn towards a bug on the canopy . . . .

http://www.youtube.com/user/schnarrsonvomdach

http://www.twitch.tv/schnarre

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Schnarre-Schnarrson/876084505743788?fref=ts

You mean it does not show up in radeon pro options?

It shows up fine, but is non-selectable. From what I've ready, you extract the SweetFX files into a new folder, and point RP to that folder. I can't check the SweetFX option, and I can't "Import Settings". I tried using both Global settings and making a new profile for the DCS World .exe that the desktop shortcut points to, but the option was still not selectable.

Can someone who has this working do a fast write-up on the steps please?

Specs:

AMD HD7970

ATI 3930K

16 Gb RAM

Win7 64bit

Edited by Spetz

Even if you get it to show up in RadeonPro - you will not get it to work in DCS 64bit.

SweetFX is compiled for 32bit programs only.

http://www.guru3d.com/files_details/sweetfx_shader_suite_download.html

>>>

Q: It does not run with the 64bit version of my game exe.

A: SweetFX is not compatible with 64bit versions of games - use a 32bit version.

Edited by PeterP

SweetFX on it's own doesn't work with 64-bit executables. However, when it is used as part of Radeon Pro, it does. So no, you won't be able to run the 64-bit DCS executable with SweetFX right now. However, it should work with the 32-bit executable.

They way I read the above is that when used alone, it will only work with the 32 bit. When used through RP, it will work with the 64 bit executable..

Even if you get it to show up in RadeonPro - you will not get it to work in DCS 64bit.

SweetFX is compiled for 32bit programs only.

http://www.guru3d.com/files_details/sweetfx_shader_suite_download.html

>>>

Hence why you use RadeonPRO to make it work! ;) RadeonPRO now hooks and affects 64bit stuff as well, nice eh?

I created some out of my ass settings just to show that it works:

before

after

how my radeonPro is set up

Make sure you run latest radeonPro beta.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

System specs:

2500k @ 4.6 GHz

8GB RAM

HD7950 OC'd

Win7 x64

Posting tracks to make your DCS better - attention bump incoming!