SweetFX for DCS ??

Hi everyone,

any tips to use SweetFX on Steam version of DCS?

I'm running RadeonPro, thanks :)

It installs the same way. Your DCS World root folder is just buried inside of Steams folders.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

I cannot help but wonder why people persistently keep using that hopeless platform...

For modding and compatibility with community updates alone you should make use of the original installation source.

i7 4790K: 4.8GHz, 1.328V (manual)

MSI GTX 970: 1,504MHz core, 1.250V, 8GHz memory

I don't understand. What do you mean?

i7-2600 @3.4GHz | Corsair 16GB @1600MHz. | MSI GTX1660Ti Gaming X | Samsung 256GB SSD (Win10HPx64)
Samsung G5 32" + Samsung 18" + 2x8"TFT Displays | Saitek X-55 Rhino & Rudder | TM MFD Cougars | Logitech G13, G230, G510, PZ55 & Farming Sim Panel | TIR5
>>MY MODS<< | Discord: Devrim#1068

Ah sorry. I thought you were talking about SweetFX etc. :)

I don't like Steam, either though...

i7-2600 @3.4GHz | Corsair 16GB @1600MHz. | MSI GTX1660Ti Gaming X | Samsung 256GB SSD (Win10HPx64)
Samsung G5 32" + Samsung 18" + 2x8"TFT Displays | Saitek X-55 Rhino & Rudder | TM MFD Cougars | Logitech G13, G230, G510, PZ55 & Farming Sim Panel | TIR5

...For modding and compatibility with community updates alone you should make use of the original installation source.

What do you mean with community updates?

Regarding modding, I've read that file structure of Steam installation is the same, so np..

But I'm new to DCS so guys any support is highly welcomed :)

What do you mean with community updates?

Regarding modding, I've read that file structure of Steam installation is the same, so np..

But I'm new to DCS so guys any support is highly welcomed :)

try this it works like a charm for just about most games.

http://riseofflight.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?p=487328#p487328

" any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "  W Forbes

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts,"  Winston Churchill

" He who never changes his mind, never changes anything," 

MSI z690MPG DDR4 || i914900k|| ddr4-64gb PC3200 || MSI RTX 4070Ti|Game1300w|Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 5.1|| ViRpiL,T50cm2|| MFG Crosswinds|| VT50CM-plus rotor Throttle || G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseLogitech || PiMax Crystal VR || 32 Samsung||

Thanks Mastiff, I'm running RadeonPro which is way more than a SweetFX configurator.. that's why I'm looking for a way to use it with DCS too :)

Hi Jedi

I've been using RadeonPro v1.1.1.0 with DCS World for some time now. I use its SweetFX configurator with no problems. Specifically using SweetFX 2.0 Alpha with it.

I don't fly without it, looks so much better i think.

Regards,

Milli

Thanks Milli,

can you specify which .exe you've selected in RP -

DCS, Launcher or Run, and are you using any option in Launcher tab?

I've got DCS on Steam, but start the game without Steam (don't know if that does any difference, but I've read that DCS is most stable without).

Cheers,

Tommy

Hi Jedi

I've been using RadeonPro v1.1.1.0 with DCS World for some time now. I use its SweetFX configurator with no problems. Specifically using SweetFX 2.0 Alpha with it.

I don't fly without it, looks so much better i think.

Regards,

Milli

Thanks Milli,

I've got DCS on Steam, but start the game without it (don't know if that does any difference, but I've read that DCS is most stable without).

Didn't know 2.0 Alpha was compatible with RP!

Cheers,

Tommy

Thanks Milli,

I've got DCS on Steam, but start the game without it (don't know if that does any difference, but I've read that DCS is most stable without).

Didn't know 2.0 Alpha was compatible with RP!

Cheers,

Tommy

I'm using F:\DCS World\bin\dcs.exe as the selected executable. (I don't have Steam).

I have F:\DCS World\bin\Launcher.exe selected in RP's Launcher Tab

I have SweetFX located here:

F:\SweetFX 2.0 Alpha

This location is set in RP's main settings. Here you will see a category called SweetFX Settings, tick the "Enable SweetFX Integration" box and select the rootlocation of SweetFX (F:\SweetFX 2.0 Alpha in my case)

Back to the SweetFX tab, I have enabled/checked 4 settings only:

1.LumaSharpen (sharp strength 0.75, sharp clamp 0.035, pattern 2, offset bias 1.00 and show pattern 0)

2.Lift Gamma Gain (all 1.000 except for RGB_Lift which is set at float3(1.000,0.935,1.000) This seems to make a better contrast to the green/brown landscape, not so washed out, and targets stand out a little bit more.

3.Curves (Curves contrast 0.20, Curves formula 2)

4.Dither is checked

With these four enabled it looks good in my eyes. Experiment with it to your liking

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Chris

I'm using F:\DCS World\bin\dcs.exe as the selected executable. (I don't have Steam).

I have F:\DCS World\bin\Launcher.exe selected in RP's Launcher Tab

Hi Chris,

those are exactly the first settings I've tried.. but they don't seem to work for me (no osd appear, even if it should).

Any idea?

Thanks again,

Tommy

One possibility:

Make sure that it says "32/64bit" at the very bottom right of the RP gui (below the red ATI RADEON symbol). If it says just 32bit, then click on it (maybe a few times) to get it to say 32/64bit.

Also make sure that in the settings/general tab, that the Disable 64-Bit support is UNCHECKED.

I have the framerate display option showing when i fly, so i definitely know when it is working. If i only have the 32bit showing at the bottom right of the PR gui, the FPS indicator doesn't show when flying. I have to have the 32/64bit showing for sweetfx to work.

Regards,

Milli

Hey Guys - I've read through the thread...I'm a bit of a loss on getting SFX setup on my rig for DCS. I've got a nVidia GTX 780 and running Win7 HE 64bit. How should I proceed with install please? What SFX Version should I use and where should I install please?

thank you.

"it don't matter, no more..."

==========================================

Make sure that it says "32/64bit" at the very bottom right of the RP gui (below the red ATI RADEON symbol). If it says just 32bit, then click on it (maybe a few times) to get it to say 32/64bit.

Thanks again, that was exactly it :D

This should be stickied, current RP has that 32/64 switch not that visible..

• Like 1

can somebody pls repeat just briefly the installation steps for ATI radeon cards. whats the latest sweet FX and RP version for this?

I have ATI R HD6850 and Run DCS @ Win 7 64 bit

thx !

Intel I7 - 10700 K @ 3,80GHz / 64 GB DDR3 / RTX 3090 / Win 10 Home 64 bit / Logitech X56 HOTAS / HP Reverb G2  

Running DCS on latest OB version 

Hey Guys - ok, so I'm running DCS 1.2.6...as mentioned above, I'm running WIN 7HE 64bit & 64bit DCS with NVidia GTX780. Since this is a case do I install Boulotaur2024 64bit Version into my DCS world folder with the DCS.exe file?

Also do you know if I can use the SweetFX Configurator by Terrasque with Boulotaur's 64bit? I'm just trying to get my head around this and get is running on my rig...any help would be appreciated, please.

thank you.

I managed to work SweetFX via reading only this thread in my system Nato.

I use nVidia, 64bit system. It works perfect for v1.2.6 and 7.

Hey Devrim - thanks, I'll try it again tonight afterwork, with the 64bit from PeterP as he has posted. Question, before install...do I disable the MSAA option in DCS or...do you still have it running with Sweet FX also?

thank you.

Mr P. thank you sir. I'm going to give is a crack again tonight and hopefully I can get the Sweet FX Configurator in your previous post working also. I'm just going to setup a JSGME package this round and see how it goes. Will keep you guys posted, thank you!!!

Hey Peter P - thank you for your SweetFX 64bit package!!! I've got it up and running with your presets on my NVidia card and also with the SweetFX configurator. This is SOOOOOOOOO AMAZING, the colours are so much more vibrant and sharp, thank you all for you help!

SweetFX for DCS ??

Guys I'm really getting a bit lost on the entire SweetFX/injectSMAA story and the last attempt failed...

So let me ask, is there or is there not a SweetFX for DCS x64 using an Nvidia card with no further mods and alterations like HDR with a D and the like and no extra software like MSI AB and RP...?

And what about the original injectSMAA, does anybody have that working for DCS x64?

Edited by JayPee

i7 4790K: 4.8GHz, 1.328V (manual)

MSI GTX 970: 1,504MHz core, 1.250V, 8GHz memory