SweetFX for DCS ??

After install with JSGME or install directly in ...\bin folder - DCS wont start. When i start DCS i see only check for update, cmd black window, dcs icon on taskbar and after that all is gone - nothing more. If uninstall sweetFX, DCS work fine or If i delete d3d9.dll (sweetFX`s) DCS start too... so, cant start with sweetFX.

edit:

Nvidia GeForce gtx 550ti - driver updated to v337.50

Edited by Falcon_S

Немој ништа силом, узми већи чекић!

MSI Tomahawk MAX | Ryzen 7 3700x | 32GB DDR4 3200MHz | RX 5700 XT OC Red Dragon 8GB | VPC Throttle CM3 + VPC Constellation ALPHA on VPC WarBRD Base | HP Reverb G2

Youtube Follow Me on TWITCH! 

I don't know if this will help, but I just made the leap into SweetFX myself. I have a 64-bit version of Win7, two GTX 590s, and an i7 3930k.

I just installed PeterP's SweetFX files and Mustang's cloud/lighting/environment mod and my game is orders of magnitude more beautiful than it was before. I will never be able to go back to a vanilla version of DCS.

To install, I simply dragged the appropriate folders into my DCS World OpenBeta folder and allowed it to merge and overwrite. I understand many use JSGME, which is fine, but I didn't bother for my open beta installation.

Everything ran on the first attempt without any problems. I enabled split screen the first time to ensure SweetFX was working, and then I disabled for actual play. Hope this helps!:thumbup:

SOLVED

After install with JSGME or install directly in ...\bin folder - DCS wont start. When i start DCS i see only check for update, cmd black window, dcs icon on taskbar and after that all is gone - nothing more. If uninstall sweetFX, DCS work fine or If i delete d3d9.dll (sweetFX`s) DCS start too... so, cant start with sweetFX.

Quoted situation happens when i start DCS (single player). But after I start Multiplayer i see MSVCR100.DLL missing warning.

Problem solved with Platform Update for Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 (KB2670838) and Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 SP1 Redistributable Package (x64) :doh:

Thanks guys on the effort. SweetFX finaly work... simple like as you told me.

MSI Tomahawk MAX | Ryzen 7 3700x | 32GB DDR4 3200MHz | RX 5700 XT OC Red Dragon 8GB | VPC Throttle CM3 + VPC Constellation ALPHA on VPC WarBRD Base | HP Reverb G2

Here is mine, works fine.

JSGME ready, just extract to your Jsgme mods folder.:thumbup:

Please be precise on what you post when posting binary files on forum.

You have named the file as if it was version 1.5.1, which it is not. It is SweetFX version 1.4 from last year by Boulatour2024. Same as PeterP has posted on this forum last year.

As one can read on the guru3d forums 1.5.1 is not compatible with x64 executables yet.

Compatibility

It works with all graphics cards as long as they support at least shader model 3. That's all cards produced after 2002 (give or take).

It does not work with 64bit game executables yet, however 64bit support should be coming in the near future - so far use the 32bit version of your game if it gives you a choice between 32 and 64bit.

http://www.guru3d.com/files_details/sweetfx_shader_suite_download.html

Edited by tietze

Please fix the KA-50 bugs :-)

Black Shark: Controller profile & setup, TrackIR profile, pit.

Warthog HOTAS: Lubing the stick and extending the stick.

Posts on howto customize switches in DCS &

Must-have mods for DCS World and KA-50 (mostly JSGME).

Casual couch pilot, watching capped.tv...

As one can read on the guru3d forums 1.5.1 is not compatible with x64 executables yet.

SweetFX Boulatour2024 pic:

2j5c7rs.jpg

you see SweetFX_64 folder? In that folder are .dll`s for 64bit aplications and these dll`s are used in many other versions off SweetFX 1.5.1. Check size! If you use DCS_SweetFX_1.51 and change dll`s with Boluatour2024 SweetFX from x64 folder - SweetFX will work too.

• Like 1

[...] SweetFX_64 folder? In that folder are .dll`s for 64bit aplications and these dll`s are used in many other versions off SweetFX 1.5.1. Check size! If you use DCS_SweetFX_1.51 and change dll`s with Boluatour2024 SweetFX from x64 folder - SweetFX will work too.

Thanks. Good to know that the d3d9.dll and dxgi.dll has not been updated from version 1.4 to 1.5.

Please fix the KA-50 bugs :-)

Black Shark: Controller profile & setup, TrackIR profile, pit.

Warthog HOTAS: Lubing the stick and extending the stick.

Posts on howto customize switches in DCS &

Must-have mods for DCS World and KA-50 (mostly JSGME).

Casual couch pilot, watching capped.tv...

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Guys,

one question..I just wanted to remove SweetFX for some tests..so I disabled it in JSGME (SweetFX Files are removed from the "bin" Folder)..the problem is..DCS seems not to start without SweetFX anymore?! I crashes constantly...when I re-enable SweetFX everything is o.k.?!?!

Anybody experiences the same behaviour?!

My Specs:

I don`t care..it is a Computer..a black one..

I haven't seen the problem but I would remove the rest of your mods, run a repair, and then look in the _backup.### folder to see what file(s) the repair fixed.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

thanks cichlidfan..but I have found the problem..one of the .dll files was not removed (I guess some kind of a leftover from my "I install all mods by hand" times). Deleted it by hand...now DCS starts without SweetFX

My Specs:

thanks cichlidfan..but I have found the problem..one of the .dll files was not removed (I guess some kind of a leftover from my "I install all mods by hand" times). Deleted it by hand...now DCS starts without SweetFX

Exactly what I wanted to say but was too late. :)

That's what I expected the repair to find. Good deal.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Because I had to go through some gyrations to get SweetFX working in DCS World, and because this thread is the first hit I get when I Google "SweetFX for DCS World," I thought it would be great to post a tutorial on installing SweetFX for 64-Bit DCS World, which was part of my Mack's Quest for 60FPS in DCS World video series.

Please note that the tutorial begins at 7:51 if you do click on the embedded video. Text instructions are as follows:

"Having looked at DCS World Options and Catalyst Control Center for antialiasing, I now turn to an alternate antialiasing method, specifically SweetFX. This third party solution offers the promise of low-overhead antialiasing through SMAA and FXAA, as well as a variety of post-processing visual options such as sepiatone or technicolor—if you get the right version.

There is a rather complicated thread on the EagleDynamics Forums that is confusing because it is so old and tangled, and the root post is not related to SweetFX anyway so in the end, I had to spend some time trying, failing, and wondering what I was doing wrong. I’ll lay out the steps to install and get SweetFX working here.

First, go to this forum post ( http://forums.guru3d.com/showpost.php?p=4581604 ) and download SweetFX from the link provided just underneath the image of the folders.

Second, unzip the folders into the Eagle Dynamics/DCS World/bin folder like so. The two SweetFX folders will be in the bin folder, and the Sweet_FX readme, preset, and settings files and the d3d9.dll and dxgi.dll files will be out among the loose files in the bin folder.

Third, go into the SweetFX_x64 folder, and copy and paste d3d9.dll and dxgi.dll back out into the bin folder, overwriting and replacing the files that you initially put there. This is necessary because DCS.exe is a 64-bit executable, and thus requires 64-bit compatible .dll files for SweetFX to work. This was a major stumbling block for me.

Once you have done this, you can go into the Sweet_FX Settings file with a text editor—I recommend Notepad++--and change the settings. As you can see there are two post-processing anti-aliasing options—SMAA and FXAA—and a scad of optical effects to be played with."

Since I made this video, I have found that you can also install the more recent Version 1.5.1 SweetFX available at Guru3D ( http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=381912 ), and replace the two files from the SweetFX_x64 folder as shown above.

If you want to install it in a JGSME fashion, place the folders in DCS World/_MODS/SweetFX64/bin/

Hopefully this will be of some help.

I allwas wonder whether it is just me, but when I try to install SweetFX 1.5.1 (and I did it as you explain back then) it looks not as good as SweetFX 1.4. I played around with the SweetFX settings.txt like mad, but never get as good results as with 1.4:huh:

My Specs:

• 2 months later...

Hello, does anybody know how to remove the split screen. Changing the #define use_split screen to 0 has not helped. I got this version: http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/585372/

Here's how my setting look:

/*-----------------------------------------------------------.

/ Choose effects /

'-----------------------------------------------------------*/

// Set to 1 for ON or 0 for OFF

#define USE_SMAA_ANTIALIASING 0 //[0 or 1] SMAA Anti-aliasing : Smoothens jagged lines using the SMAA technique.

#define USE_FXAA_ANTIALIASING 1 //[0 or 1] FXAA Anti-aliasing : Smoothens jagged lines using the FXAA technique. WIP - Currently only works in DX9 and you need to use the FXAA injector dlls.

#define USE_EXPLOSION 0 //[0 or 1] Explosion : Scatters the pixels, making the image look fuzzy.

#define USE_CARTOON 0 //[0 or 1] Cartoon : "Toon"s the image. (Interferes with SMAA, CRT, Bloom, HDR and Lumasharpen)

#define USE_ADVANCED_CRT 0 //[0 or 1] Advanced CRT : Simulates an old CRT TV display. (Interferes with SMAA, Cartoon, Bloom, HDR and Lumasharpen, and it has a very high performance cost)

#define USE_BLOOM 0 //[0 or 1] Bloom : Makes bright lights bleed their light into their surroundings (relatively high performance cost)

#define USE_HDR 0 //[0 or 1] HDR : Not actual HDR - It just tries to mimic an HDR look (relatively high performance cost)

#define USE_LUMASHARPEN 1 //[0 or 1] LumaSharpen : Also sharpens the antialiased edges which makes them less smooth - I'm working on fixing that.

#define USE_LEVELS 0 //[0 or 1] Levels : Sets a new black and white point. This increases contrast but causes clipping. Use Curves instead if you want to avoid that.

#define USE_TECHNICOLOR 0 //[0 or 1] TECHNICOLOR : Attempts to mimic the look of an old movie using the Technicolor three-strip color process (Techicolor Process 4)

#define USE_DPX 0 //[0 or 1] Cineon DPX : Should make the image look like it's been converted to DXP Cineon - basically it's another movie-like look similar to technicolor.

#define USE_MONOCHROME 0 //[0 or 1] Monochrome : Monochrome makes the colors disappear.

#define USE_LIFTGAMMAGAIN 0 //[0 or 1] Lift Gamma Gain : Adjust brightness and color of shadows, midtones and highlights

#define USE_TONEMAP 0 //[0 or 1] Tonemap : Adjust gamma, exposure, saturation, bleach and defog. (may cause clipping)

#define USE_VIBRANCE 1 //[0 or 1] Vibrance : Intelligently saturates (or desaturates if you use negative values) the pixels depending on their original saturation.

#define USE_CURVES 1 //[0 or 1] Curves : Contrast adjustments using S-curves.

#define USE_SEPIA 0 //[0 or 1] Sepia : Sepia tones the image.

#define USE_VIGNETTE 0 //[0 or 1] Vignette : Darkens the edges of the image to make it look more like it was shot with a camera lens. May cause banding artifacts.

#define USE_DITHER 0 //[0 or 1] Dither : Applies dithering to simulate more colors than your monitor can display. This lessens banding artifacts (mostly caused by Vignette)

#define USE_BORDER 0 //[0 or 1] Border : Makes the screenedge black as a workaround for the bright edge that forcing some AA modes sometimes causes.

#define USE_SPLITSCREEN 0 //[0 or 1] Splitscreen : Enables the before-and-after splitscreen comparison mode.

Thank You in advance. Specs: i7 4---- ,msi 7970 3gb, 8gb ram, 550 Samsung SSD, 1080p at 120hrz

Edited by Thunderchiff

Specs: i7-4790K @4.00 ghz, EVGA 2080ti , 16GB ram, Samsung 512GB SSD x2.

Gear: Virpil Alpha stick with Mongoos T-50CM2 throttle, Combat-Pro flight pedals, Track ir 5 & Reverb G2

If you are install SFX with JSGME, first uninstall completly SweetFX. Then delete it from JSGME inactive mods.

Now, go to your DCS World/bin folder and carefuly try to find any file or folder from next pic and delete it manualy:

Untitled.png

If in your bin folder no more SweetFX files and folders now extract dowloaded "SweetFX 1.5.1 Merge_JSGME" archive. Open folder DCS SweetFX 151 where you exctract and you will see again DCS SweetFX 151 folder. In that folder open SweetFX_settings.txt with Notepad++ and set splitscreen to 0 and save it. Check again, reopen it and see is it changed, if not then check your admin rights and resave it. Now must be ok. That DCS SweetFX 151 folder drag and drop in JSGME left column (inactive mods), select and activate it.

Start dcs and no more splitscreen.

238thFalcon downloaded the sweetfx file again and did everything from the beginning and it worked. Thanks for the help have some rep +1.

see you in the sky.....

Gear: Virpil Alpha stick with Mongoos T-50CM2 throttle, Combat-Pro flight pedals, Track ir 5 & Reverb G2

• 3 months later...

Anyone has succeed making SweetFX to work with nVidia ShadowPLay?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

Thanx, I would like a solution to this instead of a workaround. I try to install fewer programs on my gaming PC and also I don't really like AMD/ATI software/drivers :D ... so I'm a bit reserved about it.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

• 10 months later...
usw sweetfx 2.0 or reshade. Works great!

Any idea where can I get Sweet FX 2, for 1.5 ?

Tried that Google thing by the way. Thanks.

Any idea where can I get Sweet FX 2, for 1.5 ?

Tried that Google thing by the way. Thanks.

Google must not like you. :P

http://reshade.me/sweetfx