SweetFX for DCS ??

Kukys "after" pics have a bit of higher contrast.

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 9 5900X, MSI MEG X570 UNIFY (AM4, AMD X570, ATX), Noctua NH-DH14, EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti XC3 ULTRA, Seasonic Focus PX (850W), Kingston HyperX 240GB, Samsung 970 EVO Plus (1000GB, M.2 2280), 32GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo DDR4-3600 DIMM CL16, Cooler Master 932 HAF, Samsung Odyssey G5; 34", Win 10 X64 Pro, Track IR, TM Warthog, TM MFDs, Saitek Pro Flight Rudders

I agree Mustang, the second lot of screens there is very little difference, probably because it's sunrise and there is less of a difference to be seen. Looks more obvious when it's daylight... oh but also... I tried night mission last night and with SweetFX and these settings the night looks more dark... when I disable it the night looks more greyish and kinda washed out.

I don't know what else I could change, I think I am only missing sunglare with HDR in sim... otherwise I feel good with this SweetFX

No longer active in DCS...

I found one little bug with SweetFX, I noticed sometimes it will work sometimes it won't.

What I did at first was to set SweetFX to start with Windows, and start minimised. This setting would make it not work, I mean it will load and show taskmanager icon but will not work in game.

While I was trying different setting I always kept the SweetFX main window open on desktop, and this way it would work, but the moment I closed this window, even though the exe is active again it would not work in game.

So after fiddling around a bit with settings I have found that on my system, it will always work if I don't start it with Windows, and I don't tick to start minimised in SweetFX General settings... meaning I just start it from shortcut (desktop or start menu etc) and once SweetFX window opens I can then close it... and it will work in game.

So, just putting this info out there in case others come across same thing

No longer active in DCS...

I got it working:

1. download SweetFX and extract it to any directory

2. download RadeonPro 1.1.1.0 version (the installation exe is called RadeonPro_Preview.exe don't get the RadeonPro RC1.exe as this is 1.1.0.6 version which doesn't see SweetFX and you don't get it as option in settings)

3. install RadeonPro anywhere (I used default installation path)

Once you start RadeonPro through start menu, it will have SweetFX settings in General Settings (icon for settings is on top menu) and there you need to specify where you extracted SweetFX

rest is up to you to create a profile for DCS (pointing to DCS.exe in DCS World/Bin folder) and start playing around with settings and tweaks :)

will also give it a try:

BUT before tryin out:

does the FX thingy have any FPS impact?

Intel I7 - 10700 K @ 3,80GHz / 64 GB DDR3 / RTX 3090 / Win 10 Home 64 bit / Logitech X56 HOTAS / HP Reverb G2  

Running DCS on latest OB version 

• 6 months later...
Strange.. Here's some pics, might help..

1.png

2.png

3.png

I noticed in the bottom right of your RadeonPro window, you have the 32 bit link showing instead of the 32/64 bit link. Do you need to have it set to 32/64 bit for it to work with DCS?

And, in the general settings, do you have "Disable 64 bit API" checked or unchecked?

I was trying to just get the FPS counter to display in DCSW last night and wasn't successful. I'm thinking it may have something to do with my 64 bit settings.

Thanks!

I'm using Win7 64bit and to use RadeonPro I have to see the 32/64bit link in the bottom right hand corner. I usually have to click on the 32-bit link twice to get it to change to 32/64bit. If just left on 32bit then it does not work.

Also I have the Disable 64 bit API setting UNchecked.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Milli

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Picked it up and there are some nice new options.

In ref: to the above post about 32/64 bit. It has always worked for me set to 32 bit, even though I run a 64 bit OS (strange). The new version states "32/64 -bit" though and continues to work fine. I use RP in almost all games I run.

• 1 month later...

Version 1.5.1 of SweetFX, posted 9/30/13, says that it works with "almost any 32 bit (and hopefully soon 64bit)" DX9, 10, or 11 game. That led me to wonder whether to try it with the latest update to DCSW 1.2.6 now that it no longer supports 32 bit OS. Should it work?

Thanks!

Examine this ready to use 64bit package and its file structure.

>>> http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=1873475#post1873475

Thxs for that mate.. it works :)

Tried to integrate it with this http://riseofflight.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=278&t=34103. But i failed :( It DOES have good options being the sliders etc.. But Oh well :) Ill use you're one. Thxs again

I just tried it but crashed :9 Where did you place the sweetFX mate?

I installed the newest 32 Bit Version in the bin Folder and then added the Injector Files...pretty much the same as PeterP did with his Package. So just use PeterP`s Pack..works fine:thumbup:

And the SweetFXsettings.txt is a pretty powerfull Tool..so feel free to play around with it, and find your best liked settings:)

My Specs:

I don`t care..it is a Computer..a black one..