SweetFX for DCS ??

• 2 weeks later...

Yo guys,

I'm having some trouble setting SweetFX up. I'm using 1.2.5 x64 so I'm using the SweetFX Injector which should be x64 compatible. However, when I place all SweetFX folders and files next to DCS.exe in the BIN folder, nothing happens. I don't notice any effects and the log.log isn't created either.

Clues?

EDIT: Got it to work. It's just that the sole purpose for which I intend to use this injector is SMAA so I can turn off my MSAA. Guess what the log says:

[19:51:10] Redirecting CreateDevice : successful (width: 1366, height: 768)

[19:51:10] Using only SWFX shaders and no AA

[19:51:10] SWFX enabled

Nvidia set to application controlled, ingame MSAA set to off.

Edited by JayPee

i7 4790K: 4.8GHz, 1.328V (manual)

MSI GTX 970: 1,504MHz core, 1.250V, 8GHz memory

So I'm terribly confused with this. I'm reading in this thread that some users download a newer version that works with 64 bit applications but that version is older than the stable one which doesn't work with 64 bit apps? Also there is an alpha release that's supposed to work with 64 bit programs, and I don't know which version to use anymore.

Here is a JSGME format version including PeterP's HDR Mod and Mustang's clouds. Just unzip this into your JSGME Mods folder and enable it.

Intel i9-9900KF @5.2GHz

MSI Z390 Gaming Pro Carbon

32GB G.Skill Trident Z DDR3200 RAM

MSI RTX 2080 Ti Gaming X Trio

40" Panasonic TH-40DX600U @ 4K

Pimax Vision 8K Plus / Oculus Rift CV1 / HTC Vive

Gametrix JetSeat with SimShaker

Windows 10 64 Bit Home Edition

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hey thanks Highwayman. Seems to be working. This is with SweetFX in the DCS World bin folder, right? My cockpit is so dark though. Flying the A10C with Ricardos Horse of War mod. If the pit wasn't so dark, this would be GREAT! Thanks again pal.

This is with SweetFX in the DCS World bin folder, right?

Yes it is.

My cockpit is so dark though. Flying the A10C with Ricardos Horse of War mod. If the pit wasn't so dark, this would be GREAT! Thanks again pal.

You're welcome. Now that you have it installed, it's just a case if tweaking the SweetFX settings file to your liking, the one you're using now is directly from my system and the preferences that I have in place. Personally I love how dark it is but I must admit that it makes finding your way around a dark cockpit to start up IRL daytime a little tricky.

Edited by Highwayman-Ed

Intel i9-9900KF @5.2GHz

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Here is a JSGME format version including PeterP's HDR Mod and Mustang's clouds. Just unzip this into your JSGME Mods folder and enable it.

Top bloke thanks :thumbup:

i5 8600k@5.2Ghz, Asus Prime A Z370, 32Gb DDR4 3000, GTX1080 SC, Oculus Rift CV1, Modded TM Warthog Modded X52 Collective, Jetseat, W10 Pro 64

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thanks for this. Unfortunately I do have one small problem, when I use this mod it seems to cause an issue with my active pause button. The "Active Pause On/Off" text is no longer shown in the upper left and sometimes it freezes the game paused.

The buttons are mapped to my X52 and work fine without.

Is there anything I need to change in my settings to prevent this?

Unfortunately I do have one small problem, when I use this mod it seems to cause an issue with my active pause button

Is there anything I need to change in my settings to prevent this?

Sorry I have no idea what might cause this, has anybody else seen it? I'm not at my computer for the next 8 hours to test it...

Intel i9-9900KF @5.2GHz

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Im not using RadeonPro.

Also I think it may have caused my pc to crash during a mission. Replayed the same mission with the mod disabled, no problems. Im not sure what would cause this, any ideas?

Have installed the HDR and Cloud mods seperatley and will test again tomorrow.

Did you separate the mods from the folder I supplied, or get them elsewhere?

I ask as if you have the cloud mod already installed for example and then use the 'packaged' version that I supplied it will cause a conflict as it has the HDR, SweetFX and Mustangs clouds all in that one and it will cause a conflict.

Intel i9-9900KF @5.2GHz

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I got them from elsewere, but I use JSGME so your version is removed before trying the others.

Im guessing that it has something to do with SweetFx. Just trying to use a process of elimination to find it.

I use a second monitor to display MFCD's. Would this cause an issue?

I just checked in the version from my package and the Sweet FX keys are bound to PrtScr, Scroll Lock and Pause Break, but they are disabled in the setting file so they shouldn't be causing any conflicts...

Intel i9-9900KF @5.2GHz

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thank you for checking.

Tried to recreate the crash using only your 3 in 1. This time there were no problems. Active Pause remains the same.

Maybe there is conflict with another mod? Although JSGME warns if your overwritting the same files.

Im also using,

Tobys Low and Slow

DTAC Trees

Your Towns and Villages

Diveplanes A-10c and Gun sounds

Ricardo's Warhorse Cockpit

Edit: Updated GPU Driver, flew the mission with all mods with no issue. Active Pause is still the same.

Edited by Wattsey

Could you try changing they key bindings for active pause to something else to see if it is a conflict?

Intel i9-9900KF @5.2GHz

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 2 weeks later...
I just checked in the version from my package and the Sweet FX keys are bound to PrtScr, Scroll Lock and Pause Break, but they are disabled in the setting file...

Which setting file? Did you mean in-game settings or SweetFX bindings in SweetFX_settings.txt? Please elaborate.

Thanks,

Sabre.

Edited by Sabre

• 2 weeks later...

Ahhh...FINALLY managed to run DCS with SweetFX inside JSGME :)

Results is quite incredible nice change.

Colors are more vivid, nicely closing to real life ones, more depth of field as well, giving a more natural view, and a contrast enhanced probably helping in spotting objects...

Here on my Samsung 28" LED screen 2560x1440, image is cristal clear now! (and not using any Nvidia adjustments!)

For whoever want to try my settings.text, here it is: SweetFX_settings.txt

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Which setting file? Did you mean in-game settings or SweetFX bindings in SweetFX_settings.txt? Please elaborate.

Thanks,

Sabre.

The SweetFX_settings.txt file

Intel i9-9900KF @5.2GHz

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 1 month later...

Just found this, thanks a lot! Game looks much better now.

CPU: Intel Core i7-2600k @3.40GHz | Motherboard: Asus P8P67-M | Memory: Kingston 8GB DDR3 | OS W10 | GPU: Sapphire R9 290x 8GBDDR5 | Monitor: Samsung Syncmaster 24" | Devices: Oculus Rift, MS FFB 2 joystick, Saitek X 52 Pro throttle, Saitek Pro pedals, Gametrix Jetseat

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thank you all; each message took me the solution. :) SweetFX is really great!

But I wonder, do you use HDR with SweetFX? HRD on/off/cold etc?

Intel i7-14700@5.6GHz | MSI RTX4080 Super SuprimX | Corsair V. 32GB@6400MHz. | Samsung 1TB 990 PRO SSD (Win10Homex64)
Samsung G5 32" + Samsung 18" + 2x8"TFT Displays | Saitek X-55 Rhino & Rudder | TM MFD Cougars | Logitech G13, G230, G510, PZ55 & Farming Sim Panel | TIR5
>>MY MODS<< | Discord: Devrim#1068