Video 1.2 with Trackir 6DOF

curli

Is it not possible to have 6DOF in su25t for example?
No, the current cockpits are not designed to be viewed from any other position than the default one. Making them usable in 6DOF would mean creating all new cockpits which involves quite a lot of work.

i7-2600k@4GHz, 8GB, R9 280X 3GB, SSD, HOTAS WH, Pro Flight Combat Pedals, TIR5

I had no interest whatsoever in 1.2 (that helicopter's just a slower version of the 25-T if you ask me, and the 25T's slow enough already), but that's still a great video.

Despite my reluctance to buy 1.2 or a TIR4/5/6/7/8 or whatever version it is this week, I may be forced to buy both just to sit on the ground and mess about like that for a while. Then I can fire up the Su-27 again and do what I enjoy most in LOMAC...dream about ED adding the darned AFM to an aircraft I care about! :-)

Andrew McP

I had no interest whatsoever in 1.2 (that helicopter's just a slower version of the 25-T if you ask me, and the 25T's slow enough already), but that's still a great video.

Despite my reluctance to buy 1.2 or a TIR4/5/6/7/8 or whatever version it is this week, I may be forced to buy both just to sit on the ground and mess about like that for a while. Then I can fire up the Su-27 again and do what I enjoy most in LOMAC...dream about ED adding the darned AFM to an aircraft I care about! :-)

Andrew McP

Yeah, I think that the general improvments to the game that 1.2 will bring is more important than the Hokum, it's pretty cool though :)

i7-2600k@4GHz, 8GB, R9 280X 3GB, SSD, HOTAS WH, Pro Flight Combat Pedals, TIR5

It just ocurred to me that with these six degrees of freedom, the zoom function could be redundant. If it can be set up so that moving closer to the screen zooms the view sufficiently, that could replace the zoom wheel on my X45. How about that! :-)

Isn't it already the case?

Whisper of old OFP & C6 forums, now Kalbuth.

Specs : i7 6700K / MSI 1070 / 32G RAM / SSD / Rift S / Virpil MongooseT50 / Virpil T50 CM2 Throttle / MFG Crosswind.

All but Viggen, Yak52 & F16

It just ocurred to me that with these six degrees of freedom, the zoom function could be redundant. If it can be set up so that moving closer to the screen zooms the view sufficiently, that could replace the zoom wheel on my X45. How about that! :-)

Lock on 1.1 already works just like that. I have Saitek X45 and Trackir 3. Zooming is done by leaning towards monitor. Throttle wheels got better use as mfd range and shkval target size dials. :D

I can't wait for 1.2 to come out!This is incredible.......I'll be in the market for a TRACK I R also[i just have to come up with a good story when my kids ask me ...Hey Dad.....Why do you have that thing on your head?]:icon_wink .......I also installed my old copy of EECH on my old PC,just to get in practice of rotor skills!!!!,It's still kinda fun!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Always that line on the ground, that bug is very disturbing, are you about to fix it?

(I'm talking about the line outside the cockpit on the bottom first quarter of the screen...)

Wow, Someone besides myself finally noticed it

I agree totally. This has been there for all versions of Lock-on. Very distracting. Is it some sort of clipping? Does not look good at night either. Might seems little to some but a show stopper for me.

We seem to be moving forward but why are some things overlooked.

Rack Rig: Rosewill RSV-L4000 | Koolance ERM-3K3UC | Xeon E5-1680 v2 @ 4.9ghz w/EK Monoblock | Asus Rampage IV Black Edition | 64GB 2133mhz | SLI TitanXP w/ EK Waterblocks | 2x Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB | Seasonic 1000w Titanium | Windows 10 Pro 64bit | TM Warthog HOTAS w/40cm Extension | MFG Crosswind Rudders | Obutto R3volution | HP Reverb

• ED Team

Not really. 1.1 is limited to 3 DOF; 1.2 uses 6 DOF.

-Matt

Lock on 1.1 already works just like that. I have Saitek X45 and Trackir 3. Zooming is done by leaning towards monitor. Throttle wheels got better use as mfd range and shkval target size dials. :D