3- Z (zoom)

1.2 = 6 DOF

1- Yaw (pan side to side)

2- Pitch (pan up and down)

3- Z (zoom)

4- X (lateral, side-to-side)

5- Y (seat height)

6- Roll (Tilt head to side)

Should zoom really be counted as a "degree of freedom"?

And in the video it looked like the view was moving forward, not just zooming.

i7-2600k@4GHz, 8GB, R9 280X 3GB, SSD, HOTAS WH, Pro Flight Combat Pedals, TIR5

Guest ruggbutt

6 dof is cool, but will we also be able to do that without a track ir 4, I think $180 is a bit too much for a modified light gun.

Fly LOMAC with just the keyboard, no joystick. Then compare that to flying w/your stick. That's the difference between having and not having TrackIR. It's worth the money. I have a 2 Pro, but I'll wait until Black Shark is released before I buy the 4.

I couldn't fly w/out my Track IR.

My stick didn't cost me that much, and has given much more pleasure than a trackir (I tried cam2pan, I know, it's only 30hz max, but still, it was annoying and messed up my zoom axis, the hat is way better). I'm talking about price/quality/usefulness here.

But will we be able to control the 3 extra axes with the KB?

Creedence Clearwater Revival:worthy:

Guest ruggbutt
My stick didn't cost me that much, and has given much more pleasure than a trackir

So then you have a TrackIR. Cuz you really couldn't make that statement if you didn't..................

No it does not mean that. TIR pro with VE will give you 6DOF. With TIR4 you get a larger range of head movement, which the sensor will pick up.

Thanks. I wasn't sure but wanted to ask. In Flight Simulator 2004 I can lean out the cockpit with my TIR3 pro with VE so I figured it would be okay with the Black Shark addon.

I reckon I’ll wait until 1.2 comes out before I make a decision if trackIr4 is right for me. TrackIr3 Pro with the Vector Expansion is good enough toy for me for now. Still enjoying it, still a new and extreme experience for me.

I would no longuer fly Lomac without it. Flew Lomac without it for 1 year and half or so, well since Lomac came out (how times fly). Hat switching. True, flyable with hat switching, but now. Nah. Natural point is the way to go if you want the intense immersion feeling of this flight sim. I actually bought it for the incoming 1.2. Never cross my mind they would come out with trackIr4.

I’m extremely satisfied with my purchase.

For all of you that don’t have this toy, for whatever reason. You need to get one. That’s the only thing I can say about it. To extreme. With this new hardware. It’s a new sim. As you can see, I’m extremely satisfied as their customer, lol.

Park the mouse and the hat switching. Put your head in the game. LOL. To true.

Thanks Natural point for providing hardware to give us the hardware to complete the ensemble for our immersion. I do intend to get the TrackIr4 and would recommend it to any flight simmer anytime. True I have not tried it, but with the results I have with the trackIr 3 pro model. I expect very good results.

Cheers:cool:

TIR is not different from other hardware such as graphic boards. It continues to be improved. Would you buy a graphics board 3 months before a game you needed it for was released ? You could but you would loose out.

Don't feel hard done by if you've just bought one and the later on hits the streets. Like for all computer kit, there is no right time to buy, but when you do, be happy to get value from what you've purchased.

my .02c

Fish's Flight Sim Videos

[sIGPIC]I13700k, RTX4090, 64gb ram @ 3600, superUltraWide 5120x1440, 2560x1440, 1920x1080, Warthog, Tusba TQS, Reverb VR1000, Pico 4, Wifi6 router, 360/36 internet[/sIGPIC]

How many more CPU cycles will this cockip take to compute? We are at the edge now in 1.11

Will the Ka-50 be the only Flyable with 6FOF ?

Rack Rig: Rosewill RSV-L4000 | Koolance ERM-3K3UC | Xeon E5-1680 v2 @ 4.9ghz w/EK Monoblock | Asus Rampage IV Black Edition | 64GB 2133mhz | SLI TitanXP w/ EK Waterblocks | 2x Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB | Seasonic 1000w Titanium | Windows 10 Pro 64bit | TM Warthog HOTAS w/40cm Extension | MFG Crosswind Rudders | Obutto R3volution | HP Reverb

• ED Team
Will the Ka-50 be the only Flyable with 6FOF ?

As exicting cockpits are not fully 3D, you will get many visual artefacts with

6DOF enabled. Is it acceptable for you? I think we should allow 6DOF for these cockpits as a possible option.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

К чему стадам дары свободы?

Их должно резать или стричь.

Наследство их из рода в роды

Ярмо с гремушками да бич.

I think you should allow it as an option yes.

Even if there are artifacts, it is very useful to look over the 'side' of an A-10 while searching for targets, for example, without having to bank very steeply. :) Same when tracking targets in a fighter. So long as there is a 'return to center' button! :D

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

I think you should allow it as an option yes.

Even if there are artifacts, it is very useful to look over the 'side' of an A-10 while searching for targets, for example, without having to bank very steeply. :) Same when tracking targets in a fighter. So long as there is a 'return to center' button! :D

But Will this not lead to being able to look through the hull? As in FPS games where you often can look through objects that you weren't really supposed to get behind.

i7-2600k@4GHz, 8GB, R9 280X 3GB, SSD, HOTAS WH, Pro Flight Combat Pedals, TIR5

6DOF enabled. Is it acceptable for you? I think we should allow 6DOF for these cockpits as a possible option.

Hello Olgerd,

You meen that there is a distortion with the older cockpits?

As for me, i tried the alfa version on Maks2005 myself, and it is great looking, end will be a great addon, but i think i do not speak for only myself that we should have the afm and 6dof at least for the SU27/33 because that was the one plane that started this sequell!!

If it takes more time, or more costs, so be it, but i think i am not the only one who has this wish.

Spasieba!!!

Intel Core i5-9600K, Gigabyte Z390 AORUS PRO, 16GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro, Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2080 WINDFORCE 8G

Olgerd,

I can only speak for myself but, I would gladly pay $60-$70 USD if 1.2 included full 6 DOF 3-d models for all flyables and AFM for all flyables. You could take my pruchase to the bank. :icon_wink Count on it.

I would be willing to wait for this to develop for 1.2 myself as it would add a special touch to your simulation. Thinking for the future, you would then already have these cockpits and flight models behind you.

Rack Rig: Rosewill RSV-L4000 | Koolance ERM-3K3UC | Xeon E5-1680 v2 @ 4.9ghz w/EK Monoblock | Asus Rampage IV Black Edition | 64GB 2133mhz | SLI TitanXP w/ EK Waterblocks | 2x Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB | Seasonic 1000w Titanium | Windows 10 Pro 64bit | TM Warthog HOTAS w/40cm Extension | MFG Crosswind Rudders | Obutto R3volution | HP Reverb

Olgerd,

I can only speak for myself but, I would gladly pay $60-$70 USD if 1.2 included full 6 DOF 3-d models for all flyables and AFM for all flyables. You could take my pruchase to the bank. :icon_wink Count on it.

I would be willing to wait for this to develop for 1.2 myself as it would add a special touch to your simulation. Thinking for the future, you would then already have these cockpits and flight models behind you.

It totally second that :) About 6DOF with the existing cockpits, it can't hurt to have the option IMHO. If people don't like how it looks they don't need to use it, afterall.