Should I buy FC3?

nuNce

Hi to everyone,

I'm really thinking about buying FC3, although from what I read on the boards it seems that ED is really focusing on the F-15C, not working too much on the remaining planes. To me, the only interest I could have in FC3 is for the russian planes, the A-10 and the Eagle can be locked in the hangar for what I care. Now, I've seen some bad pictures of poorly modeled and textured Su-27 which was really a let down for me. Is this module of any interest for someone who wants to fly with the aforementioned jets? Or should I just wait for someone to make a DCS: Mig-29 module? (I would really pay heavy cash for that last option :P )

Regards.

The Eagle got a remake yes but the rest are still FC2 vintage...a shame as I like the Flanker as well. Dunno if this will change as FC3 is still in beta.

"You see, IronHand is my thing"

My specs:  W10 Pro, I5/11600K o/c to 4800 @1.32v, 64 GB 3200 XML RAM, ASUS RTX3060ti/8GB.

nuNce, the russian planes did take a big hit but take a look at this:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=68538&page=15

In the end, the community will do what ED cannot and would not do for us.

Intel i7-8700k Coffee Lake@stock

G.Skill TridentZ RGB 32GB (2x16) 3200MHz

ASUS ROG STRIX GTX 1080 Ti

Maximus X FORMULA Z370 BIOS 1401

NZXT Kraken x62

SAMSUNG 970 EVO M.2 2280 500GB (OS)

SAMSUNG 970 EVO M.2 2280 1TB (Games)

Corsair AX1200i 1200 Watt

Cooler Master HAF X

HOTAS Warthog | VKB MCG Pro GunFighter Mk. II | MFG Crosswind | TrackIR 5

Heatware

For me - for the new F-15C - YES!!!

Just pity than it isnt only Eagle but as DCS: F-15C Eagle module.

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Wow, that Flanker model is simply amazing! But it is still WIP, am I right?

Also, the SFM is something that bothers me a bit, but I could overcome that. Did they improve it at all in FC3 or is it just the same as the old FC2?

As a chinese. I spent 200+ RMB on FC3 and 4000+ RMB on TM warthog .

( The average monthly salary of the Chinese people is less than 4000)

What a horrible thing if an American spent that much on a PC game. So don't hesitate , you know how blessed you are!!!

• Like 1

Wow, that Flanker model is simply amazing! But it is still WIP, am I right?

Also, the SFM is something that bothers me a bit, but I could overcome that. Did they improve it at all in FC3 or is it just the same as the old FC2?

Correct, it is still WIP but should be released sometime in December which is not far out. As far as the flight models. Some minor things have changed. What I notice on my flanker is that it accelerates a lot faster than it did in FC2. They did however take away limited 6DOF which I have no clue as to why but it should be something easy to fix for the final release. The biggest let down for me is that there are no Russian campaigns. I am hoping that this is just because its beta and they will include a campaign for every plane in the final release.

Intel i7-8700k Coffee Lake@stock

G.Skill TridentZ RGB 32GB (2x16) 3200MHz

ASUS ROG STRIX GTX 1080 Ti

Maximus X FORMULA Z370 BIOS 1401

NZXT Kraken x62

SAMSUNG 970 EVO M.2 2280 500GB (OS)

SAMSUNG 970 EVO M.2 2280 1TB (Games)

Corsair AX1200i 1200 Watt

Cooler Master HAF X

HOTAS Warthog | VKB MCG Pro GunFighter Mk. II | MFG Crosswind | TrackIR 5

Heatware

Bought FC3 today, the Flanker looks absolutely horrible and it's one of my favourites BUT improved model on the way. I say buy it, it's worth it just for the su-25 IMO.

AMD FX-6300

8GB CORSAIR VENGEANCE LP DDR3 RAM

SAPPHIRE HD 7790 DUAL-X O/C 1GB DDR5

2TB SEAGATE HDD

WIN7 ULTIMATE X64

It basically comes down to this:

Graphics or gameplay?

If you want the former and only care about Russian planes, you don't want FC3 [until new Flanker model mod is out]

If you want the latter, then you'll probably like it.

Awaiting: DCS F-15C

Win 10 i5-9600KF 4.6 GHz 64 GB RAM RTX2080Ti 11GB -- Win 7 64 i5-6600K 3.6 GHz 32 GB RAM GTX970 4GB -- A-10C, F-5E, Su-27, F-15C, F-14B, F-16C missions in User Files

If I was into russian birds only, I wouldn't buy FC3. I don't care so much about the external models but I do about the cockpits (that is where our "office" is) and those are the same FC2 no-6DOF cockpits so yeah, for russian birds fans, it offers nothing new in visual aspect. If you don't mind the cockpits, well..there's an advanced flight model for missiles..

Oh, and the landing is still as scripted as before. They are, it seems, planning to improve the landing physics in the near future (before the final release).

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Commanding Officer of:

2nd Company 1st financial guard battalion "Mrcine"

See our squads here and our

Croatian radio chat for DCS World

the cockpits (that is where our "office" is) and those are the same FC2 no-6DOF cockpits so yeah, for russian birds fans, it offers nothing new in visual aspect.

They're not the same though. They're not 6 DOF, but they were improved. And they got the one practical benefit of the Eagle cockpit, easier to read dials/gauges. They're not as pretty, I guess, but they got what was important (IMO).

Awaiting: DCS F-15C

Win 10 i5-9600KF 4.6 GHz 64 GB RAM RTX2080Ti 11GB -- Win 7 64 i5-6600K 3.6 GHz 32 GB RAM GTX970 4GB -- A-10C, F-5E, Su-27, F-15C, F-14B, F-16C missions in User Files

Correct, it is still WIP but should be released sometime in December which is not far out. As far as the flight models. Some minor things have changed. What I notice on my flanker is that it accelerates a lot faster than it did in FC2. They did however take away limited 6DOF which I have no clue as to why but it should be something easy to fix for the final release. The biggest let down for me is that there are no Russian campaigns. I am hoping that this is just because its beta and they will include a campaign for every plane in the final release.

Limited 6DOF is easy to do. Files already up in the modsection.

Should I buy FC3?

When I saw the anouncement at first sight I tought that I will buy it.

But when I saw that they only focused in F15 stuff only, realize that I will not get it.

In fact I received a mail (as any other customers here for sure)that makes me feel important, but after realizing that a Flanker or Mig will not get the same attention as the Eagle......"New 6 degrees of freedom (6DOF) cockpit and model for the F-15C"........Improved cockpit art for Russian aircraft

well you now the rest.

I own

LockOn

Flaming Cliff

Flaming Clliff 2

BlackShark

A10C (since the beta)

P51 (since the beta)

BlackShark 2 (UPGRADED)

But I will not get FC3 in this state.

Im loosing my interest here since I couldnt get the integration patch (I am a BlackShark2 upgraded user......everytime that I repeat this sentence I feel myself as a not so important customer as a Blackshark 2 full customers)

And now not the same love for at least one russian bird?

[sIGPIC]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic56197_1.gif[/sIGPIC]

AMD Phenom IIx4 955 Black Edition@3.2Ghz

Asus M4A785TD-M EVO 6Ghz DDR3 1033

NVidia Geforce GTX 570 hd1280 Mb GDDR5

If you want to fly in Nevada, one day, you probably will want to get FC3 eventually. The upshot is, if you like Russian birds, the Su-25 is, and has always been the real deal, and along with the P-51D are difficult birds to fly, my opinion, and until the individual modules became available, it was far and away the best flight model of any type. The new cockpit is not simply easier to read, it is on par with the cockpits of the DCS modules in appearance, maybe 80-90%, depending on how you want to think about it. As far as the other details, with ED's demonstrable potential, in this beta release, there are probably worse things you can do.

If you want to fly in Nevada, one day, you probably will want to get FC3 eventually. The upshot is, if you like Russian birds, the Su-25 is, and has always been the real deal, and along with the P-51D are difficult birds to fly, my opinion, and until the individual modules became available, it was far and away the best flight model of any type. The new cockpit is not simply easier to read, it is on par with the cockpits of the DCS modules in appearance, maybe 80-90%, depending on how you want to think about it. As far as the other details, with ED's demonstrable potential, in this beta release, there are probably worse things you can do.

Years since I have posted here. Have bought every ED FS thorugh blackshark--for which I made many missions but that was the last one for me.

For me also flight model is really key. I loved the su-25, which was the best fixed wing FM I've ever flown--and I flew everything: falcon, IL2 from the beta, etc.

So my questions:

Is the su-25 in DCS world the same as Flaming cliffs? Or was it FC2 which introduced it? Can't remember.

Is the FC3 A10 same as the stand alone latest A10? Is it the c--forgive me.

Now are the flight models of any of the FC3 ac at the level of the frogfoot?

best to all

uhoh7

PS yes I have all those discs lying around somewhere, hehe

Ha! I see my mission series is still up :)

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=39113

Edited by uhoh7

E8600 Asus P5E Radeon 4870x2 Corsair 4gb Velociraptor 300gb Neopower 650 NZXT Tempest Vista64 Samsung 30" 2560x1600

Bought FC3 today, the Flanker looks absolutely horrible and it's one of my favourites BUT improved model on the way. I say buy it, it's worth it just for the su-25 IMO.

What's better in the Su-25 compared to the Su-25 in DCSW?

Should you buy ..... yes .

Just for the very reason alone that others will be converting to FC3 ..... ED will sort their shit out . Im sure the 3rd party people will have Russian gear out soon enough (badly needed) the scenery is better and the game has more potential ..... and its fun to go for a blast !!!

..... and my gut feeling is the next ED DCS aircraft will be the F-15C ..... why else let Ty Pennington pimp just the F-15C?

Edited by badger66

What's better in the Su-25 compared to the Su-25 in DCSW?

Do you mean ?

What's better in the Su-25A of FC3, compared to the Su-25T we already have in DCSW

If so, then the answer is it's another - completely different - plane.

Edited by Weta43

Cheers.

How so exactly? Please elaborate.

It's basically the same landing physics as in FC2. Same goes for taxiing ie. ice skating on the tarmac. I was very dissapointed when I noticed this (this was the first thing I tested) but..it seems it's on "to do" list prior to final release.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Commanding Officer of:

2nd Company 1st financial guard battalion "Mrcine"

See our squads here and our

Croatian radio chat for DCS World

bought it, love it, and not because of the F-15C, i went in it and i still hate it as much as i did before, the Advanced missile model is really nice, and it feels kind of different compared to FC2

if its FC3 or *insert big publisher game here*, FC3 is definitely the better choice