HOTAS Warthog - Right throttle jitter/jiggle

I don't know what's the proper english word for this but I was wondering if it was normal ?

I've emailed TM about this and they said it was.

I said I could hardly believe it and ask if they could at least provide me with a way to fix this.

I've read mixed reviews from TM client support, most bad reviews come from french speaking people.

So I'm wondering If the french support (which I've used) might be a little less relunctant to replace faulty sticks.

After watching some video on YT other people didn't seem to experience this but it's not easy to tell.

Here is a vid of my -maybe non-existant- problem

This is happening since I got it, almost 2 years ago.

But I somehow have the feeling it's getting bigger.

I can't say it's affecting the performances but it feels cheap...and a 350€ stick shouldn't feel...cheap...

I also have some lateral jitter on the left throttle but not in the forward-backward movement, so that's ok.

If it is indeed normal I'd be disappointed.

I don't experience this with my 10 times cheaper Hotas T.Flight.

I know you can't compare the 2 but still...

Edited by Eight Ball

is not the warranty period over? here in NZ we got a 12 month warranty from local suppliers.

that looks that same as my throttle, the left being tighter than the right, the latter with a bit of lateral movement. I think if they were too tight you would end up wearing down the pivot point too much, which could be what has happened.

i would *guess* that when they machined the hole for the throttle arm it could have been 2mm larger than needed and allows a bit of play.

If it aint broke....dont fix it.:joystick:

• Like 1

Action After Contemplation

Yep thats exactly what mine does too. I have to agree, to me the throttle does feel "cheap and plasticy". I am always surprised to hear people rave about how amazing the unit feels. The stick is great but the throttle feels like a toy.

• Like 2
[url=http://www.aef-hq.com.au/aef4/forumdisplay.php?262-Digital-Combat-Simulator][SIGPIC]http://img856.imageshack.us/img856/2500/a10161sqnsignitureedite.png[/SIGPIC][/url]

Thanks guys

In a way I'm relieved but also a bit disappointed

I wouldn't go as far as saying it feels like a toy but yeah...

is not the warranty period over? here in NZ we got a 12 month warranty from local suppliers.
In Belgium there's a 24 months warranty for about everything you can buy (except food of course and a few other things).

It applies to computer, camera, washing machine, blender, dog (!), etc

Edited by Eight Ball

Same here, I have just a little lateral play - not as much as shown in the video.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

• 9 years later...

I just started getting this.  Is there a vid showing how to fix this still up?  I don't want to crack the base plate either and mess it up

ASUS ROG Strix Helios Case - ASUS AM4 ROG Strix X-570E MB - AMD Ryzen 5 3600 - 64 GB DDR4 3200 G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series - ASUS DualGeForce GTX 1070 - SSD 2x 1TB - HDD 10 TB - Windows 10 Home -

Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS - Thrustmaster TPR Pedels - TrackIR