I smell a rat ...

Teapot

Check this out ... http://forum.avsim.net/page/index.html/_/pr-ann/just-flight-releases-the-dcs-p-51d-r870

Really!? Someone tell me I'm wrong.

Why would you buy this? Why not just buy it as part of DCS:World?

Something just doesn't feel right and I'm curious.

What do you think?

VERY misleading!

Why not buy this module as part of DCS: World?

Go here ... http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/

This is the message I left ...

"Look, I could be wrong, but this just doesn't smell right ... I'm very suspicious of this.

You make no mention that this is a product from Digital Combat Simulator (DCS) ... it's like you're claiming that YOU've just released the product ... and thats patently UNTRUE! "

If I'm wrong I will apologize ...

Edited by Teapot

"A true 'sandbox flight sim' requires hi-fidelity flyable non-combat utility/support aircraft."

Wishlist Terrains - Bigger maps

Wishlist Modules - A variety of utility aircraft to better reflect the support role. E.g. Flying the Hornet ... big yawn ... flying a Caribou on a beer run to Singapore? Count me in. Extracting a Recon Patrol from a hastily prepared landing strip at a random 6 figure grid reference? Now yer talking!

• ED Team
Check this out ... http://forum.avsim.net/page/index.html/_/pr-ann/just-flight-releases-the-dcs-p-51d-r870

Really!? Someone tell me I'm wrong.

Why would you buy this? Why not just buy it as part of DCS:World?

Something just doesn't feel right and I'm curious.

What do you think?

VERY misleading!

Why not buy this module as part of DCS: World?

Go here ... http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/

This is the message I left ...

"Look, I could be wrong, but this just doesn't smell right ... I'm very suspicious of this.

You make no mention that this is a product from Digital Combat Simulator (DCS) ... it's like you're claiming that YOU've just released the product ... and thats patently UNTRUE! "

If I'm wrong I will apologize ...

This is the download UK version of DCS:P51D. Just Flight is a download distributor

Edited by EtherealN

Having problems? Visit http://en.wiki.eagle.ru/wiki/Main_Page

Dell Laptop M1730 -Vista- Intel Core 2 Duo T7500@2.2GHz, 4GB, Nvidia 8700MGT 767MB

Intel i7 975 Extreme 3.2GHZ CPU, NVidia GTX 570 1.28Gb Pcie Graphics.

They do have some nice screenies up over there.

http://www.justflight.com/product/dcs-p51d-mustang

But their pricing policy seems quite evil, it is 39.99 in whatever currency, USD, EUR or GBP. Suppose you pay in GPB then you will pay 39.99 * 1.6 (gbp / usd) = 63.98 usd. Sick. The delivery zone you choose determines the currency in which you will pay but who care about delivery zone when it is a digital download. Its a trap!

I7920/12GBDDR3/ASUS P6T DELUXE V2/MSI GTX 960 GAMING 4G /WIN 10 Ultimate/TM HOTAS WARTHOG

They do have some nice screenies up over there.

http://www.justflight.com/product/dcs-p51d-mustang

But their pricing policy seems quite evil, it is 39.99 in whatever currency, USD, EUR or GBP. Suppose you pay in GPB then you will pay 39.99 * 1.6 (gbp / usd) = 63.98 usd. Sick. The delivery zone you choose determines the currency in which you will pay but who care about delivery zone when it is a digital download. Its a trap!

Yep... 39.99 Pound, Euro or Dollar :huh:

City Hall is easier to fight, than a boys' club - an observation :P

"Resort is had to ridicule only when reason is against us." - Jefferson

"Give a group of potheads a bunch of weed and nothing to smoke out of, and they'll quickly turn into engineers... its simply amazing."

EVGA X99 FTW, EVGA GTX980Ti FTW, i7 5930K, 16Gb Corsair Dominator 2666Hz, Windows 7 Ultimate 64Bit, Intel 520 SSD x 2, Samsung PX2370 monitor and all the other toys

-

"I am a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar"

I was going thru their site a few days ago thinking "Wow these guys have a lot of sims under their name, they must have a huge staff" then i saw the A-10C and i was like "wait a minute...".

Most of their downloads don't even mention the developer for all you know they are programing each sim add on.

Nero

27" iMac, 3.4GHz i7 Quad Core, 16GB Ram, AMD Radeon HD 6970M 2Gb, Running Bootcamp, Windows 7 Home 64bit, Saitek X-52 Pro

This is the download UK version of DCS:P51D. Just Flight is a download distributor

Woops ... my apologies Jim! I've retracted my post on Avsim (and apologised) :(

"A true 'sandbox flight sim' requires hi-fidelity flyable non-combat utility/support aircraft."

Wishlist Terrains - Bigger maps

Wishlist Modules - A variety of utility aircraft to better reflect the support role. E.g. Flying the Hornet ... big yawn ... flying a Caribou on a beer run to Singapore? Count me in. Extracting a Recon Patrol from a hastily prepared landing strip at a random 6 figure grid reference? Now yer talking!

Don't be sorry, you've already said "Look, I could be wrong, but..." and "If I'm wrong I will apologize." :)

• Like 1

Intel i7-14700@5.6GHz | MSI RTX4080 Super SuprimX | Corsair V. 32GB@6400MHz. | Samsung 1TB 990 PRO SSD (Win10Homex64)
Samsung G5 32" + Samsung 18" + 2x8"TFT Displays | Saitek X-55 Rhino & Rudder | TM MFD Cougars | Logitech G13, G230, G510, PZ55 & Farming Sim Panel | TIR5
>>MY MODS<< | Discord: Devrim#1068

But their pricing policy seems quite evil, it is 39.99 in whatever currency, USD, EUR or GBP. Suppose you pay in GPB then you will pay 39.99 * 1.6 (gbp / usd) = 63.98 usd.

There are some possibly valid reasons for this, however: there's more to a price than the currency involved. This becomes obvious if you instead count the price as a "median pay" - basically, count how many hours the median worker will have to do to afford the purchase.

In the case of the euro this becomes problematic though since some countries (like my Sweden and most especially Norway) are "expensive" but have high salaries, while others (primarily former eastern bloc) are "cheap" but have low salaries.

I tried looking at numbers to see if things get better when adjusted for this (it does when comparing sweden and the USA, for example, I know that), but in most cases it's a mess of numbers where different countries count things differently, so I give up. Offered as a possibility but I don't have the time to do a full analysis.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester