The Ultimate DCS World JSGME Guide - If you use mods, you need this.

Ebs

JSGME should offer the ability to place your mod folder outside your DCS root folder. E.g. at C:/downloads/DCS mods/. Saves you the trouble of constantly keeping a local mod respository and a seperate mod folder inside the root as well. If you change or update mods you just update the repository. Also nice when reinstalling DCS after a DCS root folder wipe.

i7 4790K: 4.8GHz, 1.328V (manual)

MSI GTX 970: 1,504MHz core, 1.250V, 8GHz memory

JSGME should offer the ability to place your mod folder outside your DCS root folder. E.g. at C:/downloads/DCS mods/. Saves you the trouble of constantly keeping a local mod respository and a seperate mod folder inside the root as well. If you change or update mods you just update the repository. Also nice when reinstalling DCS after a DCS root folder wipe.

You can do this using symbolic links in Vista and later. I keep DCS on a SDD for speed, but keep my mods on a conventional HDD and use symbolic links to put them in my GME Mods folder on the SDD. I recommend not using hard links or junctions, though; unlike symbolic links, deleting junctions or hard links will also remove the original data as well.

You can do this using symbolic links in Vista and later. I keep DCS on a SDD for speed, but keep my mods on a conventional HDD and use symbolic links to put them in my GME Mods folder on the SDD. I recommend not using hard links or junctions, though; unlike symbolic links, deleting junctions or hard links will also remove the original data as well.

Thanks, it looks very useful.

Sabre.

Find the directory structure where the files should be placed. Then make a folder named RWRmod and place the entire structure in it. Finally, put RWRmod in your JGSME mods folder.

It's really that simple. There is no such thing as a JGSME-able mod. JGSME is merely a tool to overwrite files with files loaded in the JGSME mods folder. The only thing you should be doing is creating the proper directory structure. Assuming you know the basics of how folders and structures work in Windows.

EDIT: Here's an example:

Let's say you've edited the graphics.lua and want to use it as a mod to toggle ON/OFF via JGSME. graphics.lua is located in DCS World/config/graphics.lua. You are going to name your mod My_Custom_FX. Go to your desktop and create the following directory structure: My_Custom_FX/config/ and put your modified graphics.lua in it, this will result in: My_Custom_FX/config/graphics.lua. The only thing left to do now is to put your My_Custom_FX folder (and its content) in your JGSME mods folder as appointed during JGSME configuration. Let's assume you've told JGSME to call that folder MY_MODS. If done properly you will end up with the following:

The original: DCS World/config/graphics.lua

The mod: DCS World/MY_MODS/My_Custom_FX/config/graphics.lua

JGSME will now list a mod called My_Custom_FX. To load it, simply select and activate it. It will overwrite whatever is in the original DCS World/ folder with whatever you've put in your My_Custom_FX/ folder, that is why reproducing the proper directory structure is important.

Edited by JayPee

• 5 weeks later...

HI,

While following instructions from the first post, I have an issue when adding the mods,

it adds to the main folder as a separate "DCS World" folder, with the mod in it...

I was trying to add this addon:

PeterP FPS friendly SweetFX settings

with it's file structure as was in the zip file

(PeterP FPS friendly SweetFX settings\DCS World\bin\SweetFX ...

but it was added as described above - creating another folder of DCS World within the main folder...

is it a folder hierarchy problem?

should I direct JSGME to 1 folder above? (against instructions in first post?)

My MODS folder as directed in JSGME is :

...\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\_MODS

thanks!

Callsign   SETUP

Read my example very carefully, and pay extra attention to the example file paths... And then read it once more for the heck of it.

A mod's folder should directly contain that which should be placed IN the DCS World root. And since you don't want a DCS World folder inside the DCS World root, you should not make the extra layer.

In your case, the mod as downloaded is not directly qualified to be put in your JSGME Mods folder. The file structure needs to be changed, you need to get the \DCS World\ part out of it.

Edited by JayPee
  • Like 1

Thankyou very much Ebs, for your guide it has really helped me!!

Cheers

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv Tempered Glass, Asus ROG Maximus IX Hero, Intel i7 7700K @ 4.8, Corsair HX 1000i, Nzxt Kraken 62, 32gb DDR4 3000Mhz Corsair Dominator Platinum, Nvme SSD Samsung 960 Evo 1Tb, Asus Strix OC 1080ti, Philips 43" 4K Monitor + 2 x Dell 24" U2414H, Warthog HOTAS, Track IR 5, Obutto R3volution, Buttkicker Gamer 2, MFG Crosswind pedals, Occulus Rift CV1, Windows 10 Pro.

I have a friend that has the game on Steam. Is the JSMGE working normally on a steam version? I would like to help him mod the game a bit and I thought maybe someone tried before and knows if there are some issues.

Many thanks.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

Wow ... Thanks a ton for this... ! This works great me

I have the game on Steam and I can attest that it does in fact work with Steam directory

I7 3770k, GTX 780ti Classified SLI, Asus Maximus Extreme V, 32GB G. Skill Sniper Gaming Series, 1500w Corsair Master Silent Pro M2 PSU, EXPC Raystorm EX280watercooling, Dell U3014 2560x1600 30in

• 2 weeks later...

Porked DCS World install!!

Glad it works for you guys. My install is now mush. A-10C gone, Mustang gone, Black Shark gone. The only thing listed as installed is the WWII AI units, I wonder how they fly? :cry_2:

Edited by CubPilot

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Win7 Pro 64 | Asus Rampage III Extreme |Swiftech H2O cooled: CPU, Video, N. Bridge | i7 980X EE @4.5GHz | 16 GB DDR3 @1726 MHZ | AMD R9 290X 4GB DDR5 +EK H2O block+Backplate | BenQ XL2730Z 2560x1440 @144Hz | Samsung 850 EVO SSD 500GB | 2 - Samsung HD 1TB | Pinoeer BD-RW | ASUS Xonar DX 7.1 PCIe Audio | CoolerMaster Haf-X case | PC Power & Cooling Silencer 760W PS | HOTAS Cougar w/Evenstrain Mod | HOTAS Warthog | TM RCS Rudders + Mods | TM MFD's w/monitors | TrackIR5

I see what you mean now. I don't think JSGME would be able to change lines in a file. Hope someone can help you.

Regards,

Milli

Yeah, it doesn't seem to make a lot of sense, as the readme says "Graphic options in autoexec.cfg should be prefixed with options.graphics", e.g. "options.graphics.render3D = false" but I don't see how I'm supposed to do that with this section of graphics.lua if I want to change it:

High =
   {
       near_clip = 0.0;
       middle_clip = 4;
       far_clip = 100000;
       structures = {10, 10000};
       trees = {3000, 15000};
       dynamic = {3000, 15000};
       dynamic2 = {3000, 15000,0.5};
       objects = {3000, 80000};
       mirage = {3000, 15000};
       surface = {3000, 15000};
       lights = {3000, 15000};
       districtobjects = {200, 200};
       districts = {5000, 5000};
       lodMult = 1.0;
       lodAdd = 100; -- 0;
   };

I guess the readme doesn't take into account JSGME, just people directly editing the graphics.lua, which will be overwritten when updating as the readme says but using JSGME to install an edited graphics.lua seems to be OK, we just need to compare it with the default one after updating using something like Notepad++ with the compare plugin to check it hasn't changed drastically.

Main rig: i5-4670k @4.4Ghz, Asus Z97-A, Scythe Kotetsu HSF, 32GB Kingston Savage 2400Mhz DDR3, 1070ti, Win 10 x64, Samsung Evo 256GB SSD (OS & Data), OCZ 480GB SSD (Games), WD 2TB and WD 3TB HDDs, 1920x1200 Dell U2412M, 1920x1080 Dell P2314T touchscreen

Yeah, it doesn't seem to make a lot of sense, as the readme says "Graphic options in autoexec.cfg should be prefixed with options.graphics", e.g. "options.graphics.render3D = false" but I don't see how I'm supposed to do that with this section of graphics.lua if I want to change it:

High =
   {
       near_clip = 0.0;
       middle_clip = 4;
       far_clip = 100000;
       trees = {3000, 15000};
       dynamic = {3000, 15000};
       objects = {3000, 80000};
       mirage = {3000, 15000};
       surface = {3000, 15000};
       lights = {3000, 15000};
       lodMult = 1.0;
       lodAdd = 100; -- 0;
   };

Hi Doveman

Try it like this:

options.graphics.Camera =

{

High =

{

near_clip = 0.0;

middle_clip = 4;

far_clip = 100000;

trees = {3000, 15000};

dynamic = {3000, 15000};

objects = {3000, 80000};

mirage = {3000, 15000};

surface = {3000, 15000};

lights = {3000, 15000};

lodMult = 1.0;

lodAdd = 100; -- 0;

};

}

It should work like this.

Regards,

Milli

Hi Doveman

Try it like this:

options.graphics.Camera =

{

High =

{

near_clip = 0.0;

middle_clip = 4;

far_clip = 100000;

trees = {3000, 15000};

dynamic = {3000, 15000};

objects = {3000, 80000};

mirage = {3000, 15000};

surface = {3000, 15000};

lights = {3000, 15000};

lodMult = 1.0;

lodAdd = 100; -- 0;

};

}

It should work like this.

Regards,

Milli

This will overwrite the entire "Camera" table.

What you want to do is "options.graphics.Camera.High.districts = {10000,10000}" (for example).

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I have a problem for active mods ?

Hello Airline pilots, I want to expose my problem about the activation mods with the excellent software JSGME.

To begin dcs world is installed in: C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World

I downloaded JSGME and I extracted JSGME exe in the root of C:

I created a new file called "JSGMEMODS" in c program eagle dcs world

I launch the JSGME EXE and when I had the window I registered the new name of the path JSGMEMODS

i made a snapshot of game files

Then I went to the file JSGMEMODS,I created a new file of the name of Ricardo cockpit horse of war.

I have reproduce the following structure JSGMEMODS>aircrafts>a10c>cockpit>>resources>MODEL>TEXTURES And in this last file I placed the zip file A_10C_C_EDM_TEX.zip

And then when I launch dcs, by the shortcut I see in the left column the file Ricardo cockpit horse of war,I place this file in the right column and.....there is no modification, while if I place files manually then that works?

Then if somebody can use to understand me

Thank you for your assistant and have a good day and sorry for my bad English :-(

If I follow you correctly, you are using JSGMEMODS as the folder to store your mods in DCS World. If so, the path you have listed is missing the /Mods/ directory in front of the /Aircrafts directory.

On the C: drive, it should be:

C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\JSGMEMODS\Ricardo cockpit horse of war\Mods\aircrafts\A-10C\Cockpit\Resources\Model\Textures\A_10C_C_EDM_TEX.zip

Edited by txmtb

Win 10 64 Pro, MSI Z390 I7-9700K @5ghz Kraken Z63, 32Gb Corsair Dominator, MSI RTX-2070, 1TB NVME 2TB SSD's, TM Warthog, Pro Rudders, OpenTrack w/ IR Clip

Hello thank you for having answered me so fast, I modify by following your indications and I give you the result(profit) thank you good evening

Then I have just made the manipulation that you advised to me and it's always the same, no modification of the cockpit :-(

Have a good evening see you later

Edited by kakal Ice

Hello what is that somebody can give myself another solution please,thank you.

When you manually place the modified file in the C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\Mods\aircrafts\A-10C\Cockpit\Resources\Model\Textures directory and it works do you get a security warning that says you need to provide administrator permissions to copy the file?

Sometimes with programs in C:\Program Files\ the default permissions do not allow direct modification of the files. Depending on what your OS is you may need to modify the security permissions on C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World to allow your username to have R/W, I have mine set that way.

Win 10 64 Pro, MSI Z390 I7-9700K @5ghz Kraken Z63, 32Gb Corsair Dominator, MSI RTX-2070, 1TB NVME 2TB SSD's, TM Warthog, Pro Rudders, OpenTrack w/ IR Clip

Hello txmtb, no when manually place the modified file in the C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\Mods\aircrafts\A-10C\Cockpit\Resources\Model\Textures i haven't got security message ? And it works well ?

Thank you for your help ;-)

@kakal Ice

Perhaps if you posted a screen shot of the folder for the mod, completely expanded, someone might be able to see the path error (which is almost certainly where the problem lies).

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup: