The Ultimate DCS World JSGME Guide - If you use mods, you need this.

Ebs

It works huh? That's good news, but I cant get an answer as to how or why from my posting here:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=2545314#post2545314

Any help would be appreciated, thanks

Replied to your linked post also, but here goes:

My method is to install a JSGME for every game in its root directory.

Then I rename each JSGME desktop shortcut to include the game name, ie. DCS World, DCS Openbeta, BMS 4.32 etc.

That way I have a separate JSGME for each game I have it installed in.

Had no problems with this method.

System specs:

Gigabyte Aorus Master, i7 9700K@std, GTX 1080TI OC, 32 GB 3000 MHz RAM, NVMe M.2 SSD, Oculus Quest VR (2x1600x1440)

Warthog HOTAS w/150mm extension, Slaw pedals, Gametrix Jetseat, TrackIR for monitor use

Replied to your linked post also, but here goes:

My method is to install a JSGME for every game in its root directory.

Then I rename each JSGME desktop shortcut to include the game name, ie. DCS World, DCS Openbeta, BMS 4.32 etc.

That way I have a separate JSGME for each game I have it installed in.

Had no problems with this method.

Hmm,,,ok,, well since I have the initial install installed outside of the DCS World 1.2 directory, I will now install another version of JSGME inside the root directory of DCS World OpenBeta and simply name the shortcuts to represent the different versions as suggested,,,, thanks for the feedback.

Windows 10 Pro - 64 Bit / ASUS ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming / AMD 7800X3D / G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 64GB DDR5 6000 Ram / SSD M.2 SK hynix Platinum P41 2TB / MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 SUPRIM Liquid X 24G / SteelSeries Arctis 7 Headset /LG-Ultragear 38" IPS LED Ultrawide HD Monitor (3840 x 1600) / Track IR4 / Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals / Virpil HOTAS VPC Constellation ALPHA-R & VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle

I think you are having difficulty with the language but I will try and help if I can, but I am not sure what problem it is that you are having?

Windows 10 Pro - 64 Bit / ASUS ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming / AMD 7800X3D / G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 64GB DDR5 6000 Ram / SSD M.2 SK hynix Platinum P41 2TB / MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 SUPRIM Liquid X 24G / SteelSeries Arctis 7 Headset /LG-Ultragear 38" IPS LED Ultrawide HD Monitor (3840 x 1600) / Track IR4 / Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals / Virpil HOTAS VPC Constellation ALPHA-R & VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle

I think you are having difficulty with the language but I will try and help if I can, but I am not sure what problem it is that you are having?

Cześć.Moj problem is that JSGME installed on your c: DCS installed on the D: drive, but I like to have two folders of DCS. 1 folder is Eagle Dynamics and 2. DCS is a world open beta as his repentance indicates that 2 folder open beta is a message pops up from the silent this folder, I can only point out 1.folder Eagle Dynamics and instantly creates jsgme folders and how to throw your fashion it to me they do not work in the open beta :(

hi problem is that JSGME installed on your c: DCS installed on the D: drive, but I like to have two folders of DCS. 1 folder is Eagle Dynamics and 2. DCS is a world open beta as his repentance indicates that 2 folder open beta is a message pops up from the silent this folder, I can only point out 1.folder Eagle Dynamics and instantly creates jsgme folders and how to throw your fashion it to me they do not work in the open beta :(

hi problem is that JSGME installed on your c: DCS installed on the D: drive, but I like to have two folders of DCS. 1 folder is Eagle Dynamics and 2. DCS is a world open beta as his repentance indicates that 2 folder open beta is a message pops up from the silent this folder, I can only point out 1.folder Eagle Dynamics and instantly creates jsgme folders and how to throw your fashion it to me they do not work in the open beta :(

You need to have 2 shortcuts to the same program, each with different "start in" directories. See my screenshots (attached).

gospadin, that is interesting, I made a post here:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=2545314#post2545314

Post # 74, when I tried to change the target location, I got errors that I posted on that thread.

The solution that was presented to me was to install JSGME again within the Beta, and then have a separate shortcut for that install.

Pindol, I hope you understand this? One option is to install JSGME in each directory individually. One in DCS World, the 2nd in DCS World OpenBeta. Then create shortcuts for each. Or as another option as gospadin suggested, create 2 different shortcuts.

I hope that means you are all set,,,,,

Life is just so much simpler if you just place JSGME.exe into each game folder where you want to use it, and then execute it directly.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

A few months ago, I would have disagreed, but that would have been solely based on the fact that I was only using it for DCS. I like to keep separated and structured if you will. I never ran any Beta's, I always waited for the update. In this case I made an exception, for obvious reasons. Now that I have both versions of DCS, I ran into an issue,, the 1st one being the simple fact that I was not even aware that you could install JSGME more than once on the same PC,,, now I have a better understanding and I would agree with you. Of course, for someone new to it, if they follow the installation instructions, it opposes that thought.

Life is just so much simpler if you just place JSGME.exe into each game folder where you want to use it, and then execute it directly.

Hi cichlidfan. I am trying to get this whole JSGME thing to work. Could you elaborate on how to place the JSGME.exe into my 1.2 game folder? Once again, you ride to the rescue when things start to get so friggin complicated.

Many thanks.

It is always best to not fly too fast or fly too slow. So I fly half fast. :D

Hi cichlidfan. I am trying to get this whole JSGME thing to work. Could you elaborate on how to place the JSGME.exe into my 1.2 game folder? Once again, you ride to the rescue when things start to get so friggin complicated.

Many thanks.

The point is that JSGME doesn't technically "install", it's just basically an .exe you can run from anywhere.

Simply put a copy of the .exe into your beta root directory and run it.

To simplify running all these new .exe copies, make a unique shortcut for each one on your desktop to keep them apart.

I use JSGME DCS as well as other games. I probably have 10 copies of the exe spread over all of my machines. I even use it to mod the DCS main folder, with a separate copy for modding the Saved Games\DCS folder.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

The point is that JSGME doesn't technically "install", it's just basically an .exe you can run from anywhere.

Simply put a copy of the .exe into your beta root directory and run it.

To simplify running all these new .exe copies, make a unique shortcut for each one on your desktop to keep them apart.

I guess that I will close the book on this request for help as you give me too much credit for having your level of expertise. I literally do not know what or how to do what you are suggesting.

I do know that I thank and others for your sincere attempt to help me.

Regards

It is always best to not fly too fast or fly too slow. So I fly half fast. :D

Maybe I can help simplify (Gosh, I hope I am right!). Once you downloaded the software "JSGME" extract (unzip) the downloaded file directly into the DCS root directory, this should likely be C:\Program Files\DCS World (or C:\Program Files\DCS World Open Beta), this would actually be step #2 of the install if you follow the install instructions on page 1 of this post, then follow the remaining instructions.