The Ultimate DCS World JSGME Guide - If you use mods, you need this.

Ebs

I just put the JSGME.exe in each folder and keep separate MOD folders.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

The mods will get removed and JSGME will no longer no what is installed. Easily fixed.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

• 3 weeks later...

i have followed the instructions, but do not receive the popup which allows me to indicate the folder _MODS. jsgme automatically picks up the original MODS folder. Any suggestions on what i am doing wrong?

Edited by mason1911

i have followed the instructions, but do not receive the popup which allows me to indicate the folder _MODS. jsgme automatically picks up the original MODS folder. Any suggestions on what i am doing wrong?

Delete JSGME.ini (the one in the DCS World folder, not the one in the MODS folder) or manually edit it, changing "Name=MODS" to "Name=_MODS".

• 1 month later...

Use the new tool with the provided link one post before!

jsgme is realy old and the new tool is much easier to use and you dont need to have all your mods copied to every installation of DCS...thrust me!

My Rig: Windows 11 Pro, Intel i7-13700k@5.4GHz, 64GB DDR5 5200 RAM, Gigabyte Z790 AORUS Elite AX, 1TB Samsung EVO 970, RTX4080, Thrustmaster HOTAS WARTHOG + Saitek Pro Flight Pedals, LG 32" 4K 60FPS, ACER 30" 4K 60FPS GSync Display, HP Reverb G2 V2

• 3 weeks later...

miz files can go anywhere you want, you just remember where you saved hem and navigate to them on the file menu

the default location though is c:/users/username/savedgames/dcs/missions

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Modules are like Pokemon you gotta catch 'em all :joystick::lol::pilotfly:

AMD Ryzen7 3700x, G-Skills 32Gb RAM @ 3200Mhz, MSI GTX1080Ti, TM Warthog (20cm extension by Sahaj), MFG Crosswind Pedals, Oculus Rift, Track Ir5

Glad I found this post. I have DCS 1.5 and DCS 2 and was trying to install JSGME for both and was not having any luck.Works like a charm now that you explained how to do it.

What is considered a mod?

I know some of the things you can add are mods.but what about planes,helis and things like Flaming Cliffs are they considered mods?

I just bought NTTR with the A-10C and the Red Flag Campaign.

You can not download them then install you have to do it from within the game as far as I can see,or am I missing something?

Thanks

AS you can see I am a new to DCS!

Where are the instructions for using JSGME for both 1.5 and 2.0?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]WIN 10, i7 10700, 32GB DDR4, RTX 2080 Super, Crucial 1TB SSD, Samsung EVO 850 500GB SSD, TM Warthog with 10cm extension, TIR5, MFG Crosswind Pedals, Wheelstand Pro, LG 40" 4K TV, Razer Black Widow Ultimate KB[/size]

Where are the instructions for using JSGME for both 1.5 and 2.0?

Hi, what I did was install JSGME for 1.5 then just repeat the process for 2.0, that way you have two shortcuts on desktop; one for each. rename folders for each to save confusion.

Hi, what I did was install JSGME for 1.5 then just repeat the process for 2.0, that way you have two shortcuts on desktop; one for each. rename folders for each to save confusion.

Thanks. I wasn't sure that I could install it twice without issues. I'll give it a try.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]WIN 10, i7 10700, 32GB DDR4, RTX 2080 Super, Crucial 1TB SSD, Samsung EVO 850 500GB SSD, TM Warthog with 10cm extension, TIR5, MFG Crosswind Pedals, Wheelstand Pro, LG 40" 4K TV, Razer Black Widow Ultimate KB[/size]

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all,

I successfully installed JSGME for 1.5.5 using the procedure on the first page.

However, when I follow the same procedure for DCS 2.0, when I try to run the initial folder snapshot, I get a "Stream Read Error".

For both versions of DCS, I have used separate JSGME folders with different names with different shortcuts.

I have just updated to 2.0.4.59188.134.

Any ideas?

Hey Back again?

Hello Everyone:

Well, I am back after a years absence..retiring Dec.30/16 so will have lots of free time..

Okay now to the point where is the active link for JSGME at the beginning of this thread one site link is dead and the second one I don't see the button to download it

All help is appreciated ..

The Old Fart:music_whistling:

Double_D

cheers...

[/Table]

Recruiting for Aerobatic Team/Fighter Group...

Interesting

Like I say above, try that software: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=171956

Okay downloaded your software, but it doesn't recognize .rar files only zip files..some files are compressed into .rar files..how do I get around this...???:music_whistling:

[/Table]

No pb, I am a lot old too.:music_whistling:

Still haven't answered my question..program doesn't recognized " .rar " compressed files????

:music_whistling:

how do we work around it.??

15056406_898157420316056_8972914747043934774_n.jpg?oh=dcacbfdf1508b564e798824108ceb2c3&oe=58B5D151

Edited by Double_D

[/Table]

Hello Mustang pilote,

.rar is a compressed file. Maybe, your computer is ......old ?;)

Here my youtube chanel:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCBdCjgt_8n8J7ikrelujoSg

My team is Raptors. Enjoy.

LOL what does your youtube channel have to do with answering the question, no my computer is not that old still able to run the newest versions of DCS World..amongst other sims/games..only 3 years old..compared to my newest computer..2 years old...

So I un-installed your program...until.

[/Table]