Flyable Helicopters Mod, DCSW 1.2.2

Just a question. Can a mod be done in which only the HUD and TV screen can be seen from Ka-50 cockpit?

I would like to see a OH-58D mod with just these features.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How you do that?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

Wow! It works!

But now I have some other questions if you could answer it would be great:

How do you make it to be the OH-58D and not another different heli? Now I have two helis: OH-58D and Kiowa.

I think that if I do that I can control the actual cockpit via Server.lua and place it inside the external hull.

Also... No 6DoF. Any ideas?

Here is how it looks from cockpit. It can be seen that there are two of them.

8w8b.jpg

Here is me skidding on the grass... no explossion no nothing. Like it has AFM or great collision model anyway :D

h4km.jpg

And is cool that you can even toggle the pilots via RShift+P... the pilots from external.

Also the Shkval is not visible. Could be behind front panel?

PS Does anyone know Lightwave?

http://www.turbosquid.com/3d-models/lightwave-oh58d-cockpit/673455

Edited by zaelu

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Even this will be nice. Currently I can't shoot any

It's been awhile since I messed with the MI-24V but basically if you go into the MI-24 LUA file and find the sections where it mentions pylons you will find entries that look like this

Pylons = {

pylon(1, 1, -1.150000, -0.732000, -3.208000,

{

FiZ = 0,

},

{

{ CLSID = "{B919B0F4-7C25-455E-9A02-CEA51DB895E3}" },

}

You will notice that the MI-24 has pylon's numbered 1-6. You will have to edit them so that they number 1-4 removing the first and last entry. The "CLSID" tells the program what weapon can be loaded on the pylon, in this case I believe the CLSID represents the 9m114 ATGM's since those are the only weapons the Hind can lost on it's outer pylons.

Remember if you do this the Hind loses 4 out of 8 of it's ATGM's but you can load up 1-4 however you'd like. Pylon one is removed, 2 becomes 1, 3 becomes 2, etc etc for a total of 4 pylons vs 6. (remember the KA-50 weapons panel can only use 4 pylons).

I ended up putting the CLSID for the Vihkr missles off the KA-50 onto the hind to give it a better ATGM capability.

I found the Hind's FM to be so squirrely I finally gave up the whole experiment and left it to the AI to fly with it's intended weapons load. I had plenty to keep me busy with the other helo's that I was content to leave well enough alone.

Hope that explains it a bit better, if anybody has a way of using all 6 pylons on the Hind that would be the better solutions but I have only a basic knowledge so I hit a dead end there.

Monk

Also, now that I remember it, an issue can come up if you are using a dual trigger set up. The KA-50 logic is used for all AI helicopters so make sure to set the "use single trigger" logic to "True" in the WeaponSystem.lua of the helicopter you are working with because that might be causing you to not at least fire some of the ATGM's off the HIND.

Sager Laptop, i7-6700k 4.00GHz, 16GB RAM, GTX 980M, 1920x1080, TIR 5, Windows 10

OK, I managed to activate 6DoF and have control over cockpit general placement. But there must be a way to move around The Shkval and Abris. They would be useful placed on the actual cockpit. But still I would like to be able to control the OH-58D not another copy of it. Is it possible?

Here are some pics:

smy6.jpg xh2g.jpg leyu.jpg

Edited by zaelu

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thanks, but could you share more hints :D. I was looking in Abris and SHkval lua files for something that will resemble with the parameters from this mod of PeterP: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=107586 cause he can move the kneeboard around... But I didn't find it yet.

Thank you.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

aha! thank you very much!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I managed to move Shkval and UV26 indicator. They work pretty decent. It seems we lack way to twist them around some axis so we could align them with said cockpit shape better but... for now is OK like this.

Could you help me though with ABRIS and Weapon panel aussieboy? I can't seem to find where are the "numbers" for them.

Thank you and here is a picture with how it looks so far, I wish I could move Abris on the central console and the Weapons indicator above or bellow Shkval:

AlKMB.jpg

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Looking good,

You can twist the gauges around too, not sure where that line is from memory but I've messed with it before so I know it can be done.

As for the ARBIS, again working from my rusty memory I think it was setup differently from the other gauges. You will notice the x_size and y_size referred to in the file ABRIS_base_page.lua I think that's the part you're looking for.

If not it will be a line containing .init_pos. Sorry I can't be more precise on that one but I haven't messed with the gauges for some time now.

I'll look. I think I found for the Weapons panel the parameter for vertical movement... still playing with it and it with me... flies all over the place and I can't see it on some "values" :D.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

thanx. I'll test them.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

No worries,

I know you're aware of this zaelu but for the others who downloaded them. They won't work unless you comment out the names in the db_units_helicopters and use the Ka-50 collision shell to prevent the UH-60 from rolling over.

I'd like to use these FM's but to have working weapons.

For sanc2775,

The installation procedure for the UH-60A is relatively straight forward.

Step 1:

Extract the contents of UH-60A.zip to DCS World\mods\aircraft folder. This step is the Helo itself

Step 2:

Extract the contents of UH-60A_lods.zip attached at the bottom of this post to DCS World\Bazar\World\Shapes folder. We do this step so the UH-60 doesn't tip over when sitting on the runway

Step 3:

This is part you are having trouble with:

Open the file named db_units_helicopters.lua found in DCS World\Scripts\Database folder with notepad or WordPad. Scroll to the end of the file and you will see the below section

heli_file("helicopters\\Ka-50.lua");

heli_file("helicopters\\Ka-52.lua");

heli_file("helicopters\\Mi-24V.lua");

heli_file("helicopters\\Mi-8MT.lua");

heli_file("helicopters\\Mi-26.lua");

heli_file("helicopters\\Ka-27.lua");

heli_file("helicopters\\UH-60A.lua");

heli_file("helicopters\\CH-53E.lua");

heli_file("helicopters\\CH-47D.lua");

heli_file("helicopters\\SH-3W.lua");

heli_file("helicopters\\AH-64A.lua");

heli_file("helicopters\\AH-64D.lua");

heli_file("helicopters\\AH-1W.lua");

heli_file("helicopters\\SH-60B.lua");

heli_file("helicopters\\AB-212ASW.lua");

heli_file("helicopters\\Mi-28N.lua");

heli_file("helicopters\\OH-58D.lua");

All we need to do here is comment out the UH-60A entry so it looks like this

heli_file("helicopters\\Ka-50.lua");

heli_file("helicopters\\Ka-52.lua");

heli_file("helicopters\\Mi-24V.lua");

heli_file("helicopters\\Mi-8MT.lua");

heli_file("helicopters\\Mi-26.lua");

heli_file("helicopters\\Ka-27.lua");

--heli_file("helicopters\\UH-60A.lua");

heli_file("helicopters\\CH-53E.lua");

heli_file("helicopters\\CH-47D.lua");

heli_file("helicopters\\SH-3W.lua");

heli_file("helicopters\\AH-64A.lua");

heli_file("helicopters\\AH-64D.lua");

heli_file("helicopters\\AH-1W.lua");

heli_file("helicopters\\SH-60B.lua");

heli_file("helicopters\\AB-212ASW.lua");

heli_file("helicopters\\Mi-28N.lua");

heli_file("helicopters\\OH-58D.lua");

We just add -- to the start of the UH-60A entry. Step 3 is what allows you to pilot the Helo and without it you can't enter the cockpit and it starts using the outside view.

If you still have trouble let me know and I'll help you get it going

Would it be possible to make such a mod for planes, using the A-10C cockpit?

I haven't tried using the A-10C pit

i got the uh60 working fine, is there a way os adding guages ?

The only gauges you'll be able to use are the Ka-50's and they'll only work if you use the full Ka-50 pit