Flyable Helicopters Mod, DCSW 1.2.2

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yep,

I tried and it doesn't work for some reason only the A-10A pit

FC level cockpits only require some customhuman.lua editing to work. I thought that A-10C cockpit would need to use the same editing you do to make Ka-50 cockpit work in other helicopters.

Seems that the mods still work fine in 1.2.6 however now when using the KA-50 cockpit with the AH-1W and removing the cockpit view using ALT-F1 instead of the ABRIS (which I usually turn off) I am seeing the pilots kneeboard which there is no control to turn off that I can see.

Sager Laptop, i7-6700k 4.00GHz, 16GB RAM, GTX 980M, 1920x1080, TIR 5, Windows 10

Seems that the mods still work fine in 1.2.6 however now when using the KA-50 cockpit with the AH-1W and removing the cockpit view using ALT-F1 instead of the ABRIS (which I usually turn off) I am seeing the pilots kneeboard which there is no control to turn off that I can see.

Hi monkie,

If you're referring to the AH-1W I sent you open the file device_init.lua in AH-1W\Cockpit\Scripts folder. Make a backup of it first then scroll down to the very bottom of the page and remove the line:

dofile(LockOn_Options.common_script_path.."KNEEBOARD/declare_kneeboard_device.lua")

Hi Mate,

Yes all the blue team helo's work even the ones that aren't listed like the AH-1G and UH-60-ER. I haven't tried the missiles on the W but rockets and gun work fine.

Ok, can you please repost instructions to make blue choppers flyable?

I don't understand anything in russian except Davai Davai!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

I'm curious about 1.27 new copilot thingie. Wouldn't be possible to have a "copilot/gunner" on a flyable Hind so that guy control the turret gun? The pilot will still control rockets/missiles, but the copilot should be able to find and engage targets with the front gun turret.

Anyone?

I don't understand anything in russian except Davai Davai!

• 3 weeks later...

I've made it able to fly the chinook how ever the cockpit just sits in the center of the aircraft and when I try and edit the cockpit local point, it doesn't move, any idea why? And I would appreciate it if you could tell me how to find the gear positions so that the chinook doesn't taxi on 3 wheels...

I didn't add the Chinook into the server.lua how ever, I managed to remove the Ka-50 cockpit so I am sitting inside the external model of the chinook, but I have got a HUD and some of the other panels and guages from the Chinook. So I think that I have now sorted out the Virtual RAF Chinook display team's aircraft. Also vtsgoose, I heard that you were having some problems with sorting out the Chinook for the Netherlands aerobatic group since the recent update, if you're still having problems I could send you what I've got here and you could see if it's okay.

Where about is the server.lua file? I've heard people talking about it but have never succeeded to find it. And fair enough, I thought someone form the Netherlands virtual aerobatic group was still running the Royal Netherlands Air force Chinook. I've seen your Apache and it looks great! Looks like you've got a good team to help you out with the model. I assume you're using the Ka-50 cockpit? If not then you're probably doing the same thing I am with the Chinook, would appreciate some help with the editing if you are! There are a few finishing touches that need to be done and if so I would appreciate some help from you.

Edited by Calico

That's true, I've got the Apache mod from this page installed and it's great fun to fly! Thanks for the directions, plus would it be possible to grab some help from you? From one fellow virtual helicopter display team to another? ;)

• 1 month later...

It's something in the "aircraft_gun_mounts.lua" I can fly the Hind but have no loadouts, when I delete that file.

Some of the text at the top of the lua is different when I compare the modded to the stock one, but I don't know how lua files work.

I don't think it will take long for some who knows what they are doing to fix it.

[update], the AH64A gun works , just can't get a pylon load out , did the same thing deleted "aircraft_gun_mounts.lua" and the pit position needs adjusting

but for a bit of fun it is great!!

seeyas

spud

Edited by spud3030
updated with AH64

It's something in the "aircraft_gun_mounts.lua" I can fly the Hind but have no loadouts, when I delete that file.

Some of the text at the top of the lua is different when I compare the modded to the stock one, but I don't know how lua files work.

I don't think it will take long for some who knows what they are doing to fix it.

[update], the AH64A gun works , just can't get a pylon load out , did the same thing deleted "aircraft_gun_mounts.lua" and the pit position needs adjusting

but for a bit of fun it is great!!

seeyas

spud

Same. I looked in the logs and it was something about m_134 in gun mounts lua. Tried Hind

Edited by T0x1s

• 3 weeks later...