Would you be interested in........

Would you be interested in........  

62 members have voted

1. 1. Would you be interested in........

• Yes, clear weather
    • Yes, bad weather
    • No thanks, dont' waste your time.

I won't do both because of time and file size restraints, but I would like to know if there is enough interest to persue it at all.

Lots of new pilots, and the "how to?" question comes up all the time on these to skills.

please post if your interested ;) (I figure if at least 50 people are interested I will do it)

is this ok?

My vote is "Yes. Clear weather". But I guess it all depends on your target audience. I figure that a fair number of newbies or even newbies-to-be haven't even found the forum yet to cast a vote. So I suspect the poll results will be skewed toward the difficult by more seasoned pilots wanting to see the "action".

A clear weather presentation makes it easier to see how things work and provides a sense of: Gee. I can do that. And that's what I think the video should try to instill in a someone new to the task.

But, like I said, it depends on your target audience. My 2 cents.

Rich

YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU1...CR6IZ7crfdZxDg

_____

Win 10 Pro x64, ASUS Z97 Pro MoBo, Intel i7-4790K, EVGA GTX 970 4GB, HyperX Savage 32GB, Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB SSD, 2x Seagate Hybrid Drive 2TB Raid 0.

Guest EVIL-SCOTSMAN

make 2 if time permits, 1 a clear weather refuel and carrier landing, and a BAD weather one, where the crosswind is like 400mph and 0 vis and to make it a little harder to see the boom, do it online :D

seriously tho, if time does permit, a clear weather one for beginners and a real bad weather one for non beginners.

As easy as it is to refuel for non beginners, I will admit to having problems with carrier landings and a2a refuels when the visibilty is near 0, and to be honest, I dont think many people on these forums have even attempted a2a refuels and 0 vis carriers landings on anything like a regular basis, so it is something we could all learn from, and those who say " 0 vis carrier landings and a2a refuels are easy" they lie. A touch of crosswind added would also be cool.

Clear weather.

It's A Bit Tricky to replicate the bad weather carrier landings - don't think I've done one in Lomac yet :(

Flanker's Nightlanding challenge was easier than Lomac . . . . sigh.

Let me see if I can find them....... Yep still have some and here they are.

When the Bomber Wing CO saw my Su-25T carrier landing pics he said "What about a 25T carrier landing, at night, with fog in a storm". "Ok mate" I say.

Here are the pics of the first attempt.

SnowstormLanding3.jpg

SnowLanding2.jpg

SnowLanding1.jpg

SnowstormLanding4.jpg

SnowLanding5.jpg

Whereby I was then crowned almighty king of the 504th Su-25T. :p :icon_lol:

Should give it a try BGP. Gets the old adrenalin pumping. :D

Used to have more screenies and the track file but of course 2 XP reinstalls later and they are no longer with us. :(

Guest EVIL-SCOTSMAN
Wolverine......you can still see the deck when you landed?

me was thinking that aswell, but to land the 25t on the carrier is tricky at the best of times, night, bad weather makes it that touch harder.

Still a real good landing tho. Wolverine, the gauntlet has been thrown down, ILS approach to carrier in 0 vis.

think you can handle it ?

/me patiently awaits screenies and or track.

:icon_jook

L()C

make a track that when you are coming into land on the carrier, you mess up and crash into the deck and explode, but just seconds before that happens, mix in some music, you know what we like ;) and it should be this track.

DIE MOFO DIE MOFO DIE.

not sure who sings or shouts it. but just seconds before you plough into the deck, that comes on. :D:D

if you dont know what song am on about, its in one of the videos at grouchymedia.com

Welll friday is the sherbert night.. (well bicardi night) lol So you will have to excuse the flying. I'll do better when Im sober :icon_wink

But.. Heres the track and mission. The admiral is pissed off with me. I owe them a rear right tyre and the wife officially hates me. Looks like shes sleeping on the sofa though because I sure as hell aren't. ;) :D

Enjoy

EDIT: Zip file with track and mission is 2.5Mb. Where can I host it? Yousendit perhaps?

Edit2: http://www.rapidsharing.com/b25ffefaaed22d1d64d18228dd44f904

CarrierLandingRough2.jpg

CarrierLandingRough1.jpg

Guest EVIL-SCOTSMAN

I dunno, but when i click on download now after the 15 second wait, it asks me what file i wanna upload and wont let me access the download. WTF :(

I see that it says 2 downloads already.

Guest ruggbutt

I think you should make it clear weather LOC. When real pilots are trained for carrier landings they do good weather landings first to familiarize themselves.

Guest ruggbutt
I hope so..:D

LOC has a nasty habit of including cross winds. And his motto is "better to err on the high side".................................