Thrustmaster Warthog Extension

EDITED:

- here is little vid of the extension, how to connect and disconnect it - easy, safe and quick.

Hi Guys,

New extension for Thrustmaster Warthog is almost ready for production. It has variable offset -20º, 0º, and +20º and other offsets can be done on request. The shaft can be cut to any length and basic color will be Black and there will be more colors available once it will go to full production (Red, Blue, Orange, White and Glow in the dark). The price wil be around $100 mark. The final price and production date will be announced very soon via facebook (SimPit technologies) and website http://www.simpit.co.nz. If anybody will be interested let me know in advance so I can make enough for everybody.

67908_386571731428195_249147868_n.jpg

2012-12%20%20446_resize.JPG

2012-12%20443_resize.JPG

Edited by zahry

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Zahry,

I'm guessing that's $100 New Zealand?

I'm also guessing that it comes with the necessary internal cable from the base to stick?

Just wanting to clarify that's all as I'm very interested in a Stick Extension.

I'm loving project Icarus on your website by the way, very cool :)

Rgds,

J.

Rig: Home Built, water cooled,i5 2500K @ 4.3Ghz, ASUS P8P67Pro Mobo, 8GB Patriot Viper 2 Sector 5 RAM, MSI Nvidia GTX970 4GB Gaming OC, 120GB OCZ Vertex 2e SSD Boot, 120GB OCZ Vertex 2e SSD Games (BS & WH), Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB other,

Samsung UE37D5000 37" LED TV,EloTouch 1600x1200 secondary, Thrustmaster Warthog No.467, Thrustmaster MFD, Saitek Pro Pedals, Track IR4 with Track Clip Pro.

Ex RAF Aircrew, Real Life Pilot, proud Geek and father of one :)

@ metalnwood - I was actually ging to buy one of your extensions but unfortunately it wasn't available - so I had to go to drawing board myself :-).

@ JaseGill - the curency is NZD. The stick will come with the internal cable - just waiting for the courier to pop around with the box. thanks - i'm quite proud of the icarus :-)

@hokie17 - done :-)

Me three, nice work Zahry.

I reckon 3 inches sounds like the sweet spot.

Silly question of the day: 20 deg offset? As in rotating alignment of the joystick 20deg counter/clockwise for prolonged centre line use right/left handed, OR bending of the shaft 20% of the length forward/back for positioning at correct distance from body? (I'm assuming the first, but just wanted to check).

the offset is rotational to allow for both right and left handed and the 0 is the original thrustmaster setting. I've tried to bend the actual shaft as well but the results are not very consistent so at the moment it's on hold. On the bright side - I made the design "future proof" so the shaft can be removed and replaced with longer one or shaped one. I'll post youtube video online once I'll get the cables

For those interested in an extension. Most of the ones I sold were ~ 3-4" Thats 75-100mm and I think thats about perfect. You dont have to have it too long to get the positives of an extension, i.e. better feel and control. You dont want it too long, the only reason to have it too long is if you need to get it higher and I would recommend that you get the base higher and the extension shorter if you need more than 4".

For those interested in an extension. Most of the ones I sold were ~ 3-4" Thats 75-100mm and I think thats about perfect. You dont have to have it too long to get the positives of an extension, i.e. better feel and control. You dont want it too long, the only reason to have it too long is if you need to get it higher and I would recommend that you get the base higher and the extension shorter if you need more than 4".

Presently I have the large base plate of my Warthog mounted at about desk height (actually a little lower). With the extension, the base plate would probably have to move below my legs, i.e. to about chair height. Therefore, I would think the length of the extension should be roughly equal to the difference between desk height and chair height. Does my calculation make sense. How do people mount their Warthog base at roughly chair height?

Thanks in advance for any tips.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel Core I7 4820K @4.3 GHz, Asus P9X79 motherboard, 16 GB RAM @ 933 MHz, NVidia GTX 1070 with 8 GB VRAM, Windows 10 Pro

few more photos of the extension - the shaft is from brushed aluminium,

@wolle - for the chair/seat i usually mount the joystick so the handle is roughly about the same height as my belly button - so I can comfortably rest my forearm on my thigh (same position as in an airplane/helicopter). I usually lift /lower the base according to the shaft length. Might be worth to ask other guys for their opinion = metalnwood had a good suggestion as well.

detail of the bottom

warthog_extension01.JPG

side view

warthog_extension02.JPG

warthog_extension03.JPG

offset adjustment

warthog_extension04.JPG

detail of the sliding nut - the nut can move freely same as on the warthog (shaft is static - locked in place)

warthog_extension05.JPG

warthog_extension06.JPG

At the moment I'm just waiting for the courier to turn up with the cables and I can start shipping. I think it at this stage I can safely say I'm ready to start taking orders :-)

Merry chrismas everyone - the cables just arrived :-)

The orders will be available via www.simpit.co.nz within 12hrs. Just working on the page now.

I have lowered the mount of my Warthog to accomodate the stick extension. Now I am just waiting for you to finish the webpage, or the world to end, whichever comes first:)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel Core I7 4820K @4.3 GHz, Asus P9X79 motherboard, 16 GB RAM @ 933 MHz, NVidia GTX 1070 with 8 GB VRAM, Windows 10 Pro

The Buy Now button only takes me to PayPal's homepage without any purchase information. I am on my iPhone. Would that make a difference?

I have the same problem, too, on a laptop PC:(

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]