New DCS Theater Maps Wish Wish List

Kaktus29

New DCS Theater Maps Wish Wish List  

1618 members have voted

1. 1. New DCS Theater Maps Wish Wish List

Swiss in DCS? Look at geometry of mountains now. They are just simple rectangles, triangles and that's all.

I doubt EDGE will give quality of gemoetry similar to ARMA or World of Tanks.

Scotland is easier, but easiest should be Netherlands. As flat as plank :D

Geometry in current engine is irrelevant. And why shouldn't EDGE give us quality geometry? It's one of the reasons they're making a new engine and it's also nothing that would be impossible... FSX can have 1m mesh resolution and that's a game from 2006.

• Replies 719
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Norway, Sweden, anything Scandinavia please.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

DCS:WWII 1944 BACKER --- Fw. 190D-9 --- Bf. 109K-4 --- P-51D --- Spitfire!

Specs: Intel i7-3770 @3.9 Ghz - NVidia GTX 960 - 8GB RAM - OCz Vertex 240GB SSD - Toshiba 1TB HDD - Corsair CX 600M Power Supply - MSI B75MA-P45 MoBo - Defender Cobra M5

I would really like to see Israel and its sorrauninds, Plus other aircraft like the F-16I would be very cool to see that, I was flying a bit in the Israeli theater in Falcon 4.32 and i really enjoyed it, would really like to see that theater in DCS :D

I would really like to see Israel and its sorrauninds, Plus other aircraft like the F-16I would be very cool to see that, I was flying a bit in the Israeli theater in Falcon 4.32 and i really enjoyed it, would really like to see that theater in DCS :D

+1

Historical Wars where you can find heaps of data to make as realistic as possible.

MY BEST SEVEN War Theaters:-

1./ Israeli Campaigns -

2./ Iraq Wars (ODS)

3./ Afghanistan

4./ Vietnam

4./ Balkans

5./ Korea

6./ Falklands

7./ Libya

............... possible few more but wouldn't it be better to introduce a DCS World Map like in FSX then you can select where you want to be and formulate an aerial battle strategy in your briefing stage mission planning phase . I.e . Fuel, Sortie Air Craft types, AWACS, ordinance, Threats, safe passage route etc................

Well basically these are the realistic hot spots and historical past wars and you can find heaps of background study

Cheers,

:drunk:

Edited by WRAITH

DCS FORUM SIG.jpg

Would love to see a switzerland and Scotland EDGE scenery map in DCS (2015 - 2017).

I bet it would be very much fun to fly around in that wonderful landscape with oculus rift

+1 for Scotland, love to be able to recreate some of the flight routes they have up there, on a good day you could see the aircraft orbiting waiting for their turn at bombing at the range at Portmahomack

PortBombRange_zps0c9690e1.jpg

Sons of Dogs, Come Eat Flesh

Clan Cameron

I like all the ones listed in here, my addition would be Korea.

VR Cockpit (link):

Custom Throttletek F/A-18C Throttle w/ Hall Sensors + Otto switches | Slaw Device RX Viper Pedals w/ Damper | VPC T-50 Base + 15cm Black Sahaj Extension + TM Hornet or Warthog Grip | Super Warthog Wheel Stand Pro | Steelcase Leap V2 + JetSeat SE

VR Rig:

Pimax 5K+ | ASUS ROG Strix 1080Ti | Intel i7-9700K | Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master | Corsair H115i RGB Platinum | 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3200 | Dell U3415W Curved 3440x1440

For the best realistic conflict, I think the Aegean would be the best with Greece vs Turkey. Russia could technically support either side as could NATO (or the alliance could sit out and just a few members get involved), it all depends on how the scenario is set up.

I would personally go for something where Russia takes Thrace and Istanbul in a combined effort of the VDV and Black Sea Fleet to protect the Dardanelles and shipping through the Black Sea, so defacto supports Greece while other NATO members get involved to remove the "Russian meddling in an internal NATO conflict." If possible the map could expand to include Syria too or have a separate Syria map, which could join Greece/Russia in countering its old rival to its north which is probable after recent skirmishes between the two. The Georgia map could be recycled for a few missions to fit the scenario as Georgia would most likely align with Turkey/NATO to get another shot at taking back S. Ossetia and Abakhazia while Russia is busy in the Dardanelles.

At least this way there is not the tired "good guy vs bad guy" set up that typically plagues these kind of scenarios, but rather several powers simply looking to further their own goals.

Edited by StormTalon627

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Me?

1. Falklands

2. Afghanistan/Iraq one of those Arab places

3. Germany (fictional cold war conflict)

4. Vietnam

5. Korea

On a side note, I also like to play as Russia, I always see them as the "good guys" in games.

RTX 2070 8GB | 32GB DDR4 2666 RAM | AMD Ryzen 5 3600 4.2Ghz | Asrock X570 | CH Fighterstick/Pro Throttle | TM MFDs | TrackIR 5

Personally I never understood why so many wants an Afghanistan map. I flew around the "Southwest Asia" map in TOH:Hinds and the landscape is _very_ featureless (as in RL). (Almost) no high buildings to buzz, no bridges to fly under, no ocean for shipboard op, only flat desert and a few very small villages. Sure there are some nice mountain ranges but they have that in other places too. I'd love a Western European map (ie Fulda gap) but the high population density might be hard on the frame rate.

DCS AJS37 HACKERMAN

There will always be bugs. If everything is a priority nothing is.

People want to have REAL combat zones, to relive or reinstate REAL conflicts. I love the idea of an Afghanistan map, or Iraq, because there were plenty real life engagements from Helicopter raids, CAS with nearly every platform from F-15 over F-18, A-10 to AH-1 and UH1... Real battles that happened in real places! A realistic "Fulda gap" would be a training sortie with the A-10A in the 80ies... or a pure fiction that never happened. Well, If all that matters is a big battle with lots of different units involved, Nevada should be fine: 'Red Storm Rising' scenario, Russia invaded the US from Cuba and presses north. US and European allies try to stop them in the Nevada desert! Have fun :D

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

With EDGE size should no longer be a problem. As far as I understood it can do dynamical preloading of surrounding areas... so in theory the whole earth should be possible. Not sure if objects will be a limit on a server, though!

And please, this is just what I read between the lines, so take it as such.

Shagrat

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

• 2 weeks later...

I've been with this sim series since the release of Lock-On. I've been a computer flight sim enthusiast since 1987.

I am completely burned out of this terrain map!

I love the complexity of the A10 but every time I fire it up, I look at the map and yearn (like Kramer) for a new map.

Given the prominent roll the Warthog has had in Iraq/Afghanistan, I can't believe we don't have one of those maps to play.

Win 10 64bit; 32 GB DDR4 3200 Ram; ASUS MoBo; 1TB SSD;Intel i7 8700K; GTX 1080ti 11GB; Thrustmaster Warthog;Odyssey + VR

It's gotta be the middle east. Let's face it there's always something kicking off around there plus some diverse scenery. I'm so bored of the current map!

Sad but true on so many levels

AMD AM4 Ryzen7 3700X 3.6ghz/MSI AM4 ATX MAG X570 Tomahawk DDR4/32GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600mhz/1TB 970 Evo SSD/ASUS RTX2070 8gb Super

I've been with this sim series since the release of Lock-On. I've been a computer flight sim enthusiast since 1987.

I am completely burned out of this terrain map!

I love the complexity of the A10 but every time I fire it up, I look at the map and yearn (like Kramer) for a new map.

Given the prominent roll the Warthog has had in Iraq/Afghanistan, I can't believe we don't have one of those maps to play.

Exactly what I wish for a long time... well, since DCS A-10C was in Beta!

Shagrat

Iraq and Afghanistan for me as well. Afghanistan would be interesting because it lends itself to the Soviet-Afghan war as well.

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

North Africa with Morocco, Algeria, Tunisia and some of the south European coastal countries (Spain, Italy, french Corsica, ..) could be cool :)

It would offer desert, green lands, mountains, various power plant systems, many airports and airstrips.

And it's beautiful to fly over the Atlas mountains :)

But any theater bigger than NNTR from beta would be great :)

VEAF - Virtual European Air Force- www.veaf.org

Association européenne de simulation évoluant sur DCS, BMS et ArmA3.

Nous rejoindre : http://www.veaf.org/fr/association/formulaire-de-contact

The interesting thing about the Greek theater, besides the beautiful terrain, is that you can simulate a Greece vs Turkey conflict, with western equipment on both sides making friend or foe identification more challenging.

You can also have cold war scenarios with Greece against Warsaw Pact countries to its Northern border (Albania, Yugoslavia, Bulgaria etc), retaining the Western vs Eastern equipment option.

Or if you want to make it more interesting and realistic, Greece vs Turkey vs Warsaw Pact and a Civil War, all at the same time. :D

The Korean theater, although not as nice according to my taste, would be more appropriate for the F-86 and Mig-19 though.

God forgives... Spyros doesn't.

I still would like to be able setting up real life conflicts from the past.

The ultimate would be Afghanistan with all the places we have in the books, Camp Bastion, Lashkar gah, Gereshk and the green zone from the Kajaki dam down to Garmsir. Then Bagram Airbase, Kandahar, the Shahikot and Korrengal valleys. Tora Bora, Kyber pass to Peshawar in Pakistan. Mazar-e-Sharif down to the Hindukush with Operation "Lightning" and so on. Plenty engagements most of them with air support and perfect for the Hog, Hueys, Mi-8, Ka-50, SU-25/T and Mig-21bis (ground attack role), the Hawk as a CAS plane... or the middle east/Iran-Iraq. Lots of REAL engagements in real places!

If somebody complains about the lack of balanced dogfighting than it is definitely the "frowned upon" NTTR range map! Every year a real life dogfighting training with balanced planes during Red Flag exercise... since over a decade the only balanced flying of fighter jets against one another.

Shagrat

• 3 weeks later...