Ver 1.2.3 News

Quirkitized

longer can be much more entertaining and doable, and you can use more of the map in some respects.

+1.

Damn we definitely need the Crimea back and yesterday :pilotfly:

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

+1

The way to and back from the target are the greatest moments, especially when flying together with teamplayers.

Yes, one of my SP A-10 missions had me fly back to base over mountains on one engine for 2 hours. It wasn't over until I touched the ground and came to a stop.

I hope something like that happens online at some point.

Awaiting: DCS F-15C

Win 10 i5-9600KF 4.6 GHz 64 GB RAM RTX2080Ti 11GB -- Win 7 64 i5-6600K 3.6 GHz 32 GB RAM GTX970 4GB -- A-10C, F-5E, Su-27, F-15C, F-14B, F-16C missions in User Files

It is frustrating when you run out of theatre to play with. Vaziani to the Georgian coast isn't half as far away as you sometimes think when looking at the ME map.

OGSDSDay1-AreaMap_zps0ce91e08.jpg

Spoiler

Intel 13900K (5Ghz), 64Gb 6400Mhz, MSi RTX 3090, Schiit Modi/Magi DAC/AMP, ASUS PG43UQ, Hotas Warthog, RealSimulator FSSB3, 2x TM MFDs + DCS MFDs, MFG Crosswinds, Elgato Steamdeck XL

It is frustrating when you run out of theatre to play with. Vaziani to the Georgian coast isn't half as far away as you sometimes think when looking at the ME map.

But look at the bright side. It's not like flying in a confined space like BF3. Sorry I mentioned that game here. :music_whistling:

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4

GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2070 8GB 256-Bit GDDR6(Assume the latest driver version)

Thermaltake Water 3.0 Certified Liquid Cooling System

Windows 10 Professional

Oculus Rift-S /TrackIR 5 in case VR dies

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog w/ Thrustmaster T-Flight Rudder Pedals

I shall have to rescuscitate it then :)

Please do GGT. It's certainly not for everyone- but now that we're running two servers (firehouse and Hollo pointe) we have an opportunity to address some of the more specialized niche missions that require that extra bit of commitment from those involved.

I'd like to make such a mission available to those who want to make the extra commitment and lock the doors for the day. Of course I don't see this happening until 1.2.3 comes out and tankers are fixed- not to mention the rest of mp stability is addressed of course.

"ENO"

Type in anger and you will make the greatest post you will ever regret.

"Sweetest's" Military Aviation Art

I'll work on it. The first version will be fairly simple with a limited amount of targets ... later on maybe I can get Speed and Grimes involved and make it more dynamic and longer-lasting.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

Hi all, while I appreciate I don't o on the public servers that often, I wish to thank all of you who run them and design the missions. Certainly the times I have been on they have been stunning. Don't worry bout those complaining, when you deal with the public, the buggers will always complain bout something.

However we do appreciate it. So don let the buggers get you down and keep up the stunning work.

Can't wait till we get the Huey, and have MP missions involving large scale air assaults. :)

Not that that's a hint or anything. ;)

Cowboy10uk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Fighter pilots make movies, Attack pilots make history, Helicopter pilots make heros.

:pilotfly: Corsair 570x Crystal Case, Intel 8700K O/clocked to 4.8ghz, 32GB Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4 3200 MHZ Ram, 2 x 1TB M2 drives, 2 x 4TB Hard Drives, Nvidia EVGA GTX 1080ti FTW, Maximus x Hero MB, H150i Cooler, 6 x Corsair LL120 RGB Fans And a bloody awful Pilot :doh:

GG, sweet sounding mission. Love to fly in the strike package for that mission or SEAD using the Su-25T.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i7 10700K OC 5.1GHZ / 500GB SSD & 1TB M:2 & 4TB HDD / MSI Gaming MB / GTX 1080 / 32GB RAM / Win 10 / TrackIR 4 Pro / CH Pedals / TM Warthog

As a former Dangerous Waters Player, i love long mission. Used for 2-3 hours+ dive without any TeamSpeak comms - so 30min flight is.... nothing.

It's like Sex - Longer is better. however, i wish i had a decent connexion and MP stability to play those.

I suppose these kind of missions will only kick off online when you get enough players on a server, what is the current max?

Windows 10 Pro | ASUS RANGER VIII | i5 6600K @ 4.6GHz| MSI RTX 2060 SUPER | 32GB RAM | Corsair H100i | Corsair Carbide 540 | HP Reverb G2 | MFG crosswind Pedals | Custom Spitfire Cockpit

Project IX Cockpit

I shall have to rescuscitate it then :)

We run something similar over at the AEF called face off (friday). We have two opposing airfields, with A10's and KA50's on blue, and KA50's and SU25T's on red. Each side has a contingent of ground forces, and the objective is to take the opposing airfield which is roughly about 50NM away.

Two cap fighters are allowed per side and they are located at a base 150NM from the bullseye completely empty of fuel and weapons. The obvious benefit to the winning CAP fighter in the inital engagement is that they can use the forward base as a re-arm/re-fuel point and avoid the 15 minute flight in.

Face Off Friday is certainly a game of patience and control. I think the longest one went for about six hours before the enemies forward base was eventually overrun with heavy armour and supporting artillery.

I don't test for bugs, but when I do I do it in production.

There is no usual release time for ED stuff. I've seen patches etc come out in the middle of the day when I'm at work. Ten in the evening, around midnight at the weekend. It'll be ready when it's ready, and that could be any time they choose.

Please use some time to separate tail from trim in black shark.

I use G940 so force feedback trim fix is nice but maybe some more tweaks can be made too :)

Thanks.

-Haukka81

• Like 1

Oculus CV1, Odyssey, Pimax 5k+ (i5 8400, 24gb ddr4 3000mhz, 1080Ti OC )

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

New 6Dof pits will not be out for some time. They take a lot of work.

Nate

So fc3 update is seperate from 1.2.3? So its going to be next year for 6dof release?

|Windows 8 64bit|I7-950| |X58Mobo| |1T HDD| |18gigs PC3-16000 TC 2000mhz||Nvidia GTX 660 Ti Graphics||Cougar HOTAS-CHPedals/TIR5ProClip|

So fc3 update is seperate from 1.2.3? So its going to be next year for 6dof release?

Nearly all modules, including FC3 are receiving some updates/fixes. The newsletter just informed us that they are working on 6DOF cockpits for some FC3 planes.

I don't believe it was ever said in patch notes themselves that the 6dof cockpits would be out with 1.2.3, just that they are working on adding those in the future.

no idea when though...

Edited by Quirkitized

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=1643589&postcount=4

Here is wags post:

An apples-to-apples comparison between FC2 to FC3. I added a few new items to this list that I just got permission to make public today.

1- FC3 is a DCS World module that makes it single player and multiplayer compatible with all other DCS modules, including Combined Arms.

2- New F-15C 6 DOF cockpit

3- New F-15C 3D model

4- New Su-27 6 DOF cockpit

5- New Su-27 3D model

6- New A-10A 6 DOF cockpit

7- New A-10A model

8- Advanced Flight Model for A-10A

9- New Su-25 6 DOF cockpit

10- Expanded map into eastern Georgia and southern Russian that includes several new and detailed Russian and Georgian airbases, cities, and topography.

11- Many new unit models that include: A-10C, F-15E, F/A-18C, MiG-31, A-50, E-3, KC-135, IL-76MD, IL-78M, An-26B, An-30M, E-2D, E-3C, P-51D, Yak-40, CH-47D, Mi-8MT, Perry Class Frigate, Ticonderoga Class Cruiser, T-90 tank, and SA-3, SA-6, SA-11 and SA-15 SAM systems.

12- Updated and improved graphical effects for water surface / transparency, ground explosions, smoke, fire, and lighting.

13- Improved air-to-air missile flight physics.

14- Resource Manager system.

15- Many new trigger options (both Conditions and Actions) for the Mission Editor, permitting for more tactically varied missions than ever before in the FC series.

16- New and updated campaigns that cover all of the FC3 aircraft.

17- Pitch and roll sea states depending on wind weather.

18- Dynamic weather system.

19- Improved low altitude graphical detail that includes grass and higher detailed terrain noise.

20- Improved air and ground unit AI.

21- Fast Mission Generator.

22- New AI radio communications from other flights.

23- Improved airbases that include Batumi, Senaki-Kolkhi, and Sukhumi-Babushara.

24- Added bullseye to mission map and AI radio references.

25- New single missions.

26- New multiplayer missions.

27- New dual engagement radar mode for the MiG-29S.

28- Improved flight manual.

29- Improved cockpit textures.

30- New weapons such as JDAM, WCMD, and senor fused weapons.

31- New sides of Italy, Abkhazia, and South Ossetia.

32- Adjusted landing properties for Standard Flight Model aircraft.

Does not mention anything as far as release dates or version to be released with. As beta matures I assume these items will be implemented in steps until official release. I know I know...it wrong to assume. :smilewink:

Edited by Raven68

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

Windows 10 Professional

I got confused, as there so many versions of everything (I only own FC3). But in the end its a good relief knowing that all of the new updates will take a long time to bring forth.

|Windows 8 64bit|I7-950| |X58Mobo| |1T HDD| |18gigs PC3-16000 TC 2000mhz||Nvidia GTX 660 Ti Graphics||Cougar HOTAS-CHPedals/TIR5ProClip|

I got confused, as there so many versions of everything (I only own FC3). But in the end its a good relief knowing that all of the new updates will take a long time to bring forth.

You're not alone my friend. Early in the month while waiting I was expecting the same thing, but had to go back and re-read the post from Matt. All the excitement got in the way of clear thinking. :doh:

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

Windows 10 Professional