Ver 1.2.3 News

Quirkitized

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Today we are building a new release installer for 1.2.3 that we hope to release soon.

Release coming soon!!!! :pilotfly::beer:

Not trying to be a killjoy, but we are not out of the woods yet. The update is appreciated though. If it does not work out it will just make me focus on BS training. Did the upgrade a couple of weeks ago and trying to get back in swing of things with that beast...AGAIN!! :)

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4

GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2070 8GB 256-Bit GDDR6(Assume the latest driver version)

Thermaltake Water 3.0 Certified Liquid Cooling System

Windows 10 Professional

Oculus Rift-S /TrackIR 5 in case VR dies

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog w/ Thrustmaster T-Flight Rudder Pedals

Sounds like they need more beta testers.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

:pilotfly:

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

I've not played DCS in months so this patch would be welcome. Hopefully new stuff soon will bring about some motivation.

Lyndiman

AMD Ryzen 3600 / RTX 2070 Super / 32G Ram / Win10 / TrackIR 5 Pro / Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals

Sounds like they need more beta testers.

I would assume beta testing this game wouldn't involve spamming and quaking but proper in depth testing with reports...... Time I don't have....

Work, course work, side projects....

The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.

"Me, the 13th Duke of Wybourne, here on the ED forums at 3 'o' clock in the morning, with my reputation. Are they mad.."

https://ko-fi.com/joey45

look at the weather this weekend.

I doubt anyone from northern NJ and Up had a decent internetz or power.

they was too busy Finding Nemo.

What'd they do, run a 50 Plane Server with tankers, Jtac, everything on?.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

Wrong week :(

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Crosshair VIII hero wifi, 3800x w/ Enermax 360 AIO cooler (push-pull), 32gigs DDR4 Ripjaws 3600, Win 10 home on a Plextor PCI-E x4 3gb/s HD, EVGA 2070 Super FTW3 ultra+, Soundblaster Z

Rift S, M$FFB2, CH Pro throttle, Saitek pedals

BS2, A10C, P51D, SPITFIRE, FC3, Uh-1H, F86, Mi-8MTV2, SA342, MIG21-bis, AV8BNA, F14, F16, FA-18C, SUPERCARRIER

Not sure why there's always the "...over the weekend, the test team...". Why the weekends? Don't they work on this stuff during the week? No wonder it takes so long. And again, netcode is the killer. The changelog for 1.2.3 has so many more items listed than the netcode, yet the netcode is what prevents the releases... :/

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

all those items are linked to the netcode.

netcode is the common variable.

Not sure why there's always the "...over the weekend, the test team...". Why the weekends? Don't they work on this stuff during the week? No wonder it takes so long. And again, netcode is the killer. The changelog for 1.2.3 has so many more items listed than the netcode, yet the netcode is what prevents the releases... :/

The majority of the Testing Team are volunteers and we have paying jobs we have to work during the week. Historically, the majority of MP testing is done on the weekends because it is the easiest to get people from around the world on at the same time. That being said we do get together during the week at times as well.

Unless you have real problems , reading whats written on the box when you buy it , you dont need me to answer ..... and 60 odd pages in this thread and numerous other threads .

So , your argueing that it does work as advertised obviously ?

I didnt buy it in a box - I fly the A-10C in more detail than has ever been put into a flight simulator (commercial), its a stand out product in Flight Simulator history by far, its the best thing that has happened to flight simulation and it was very reasonably priced...

What did I miss?

The plan is to eliminate UNAUTHORIZED Used sales, as they:

A. Violate EULA

B. Steal the Cost of the License from the Publisher/Developer.

When joe shmoe plays the game for a few days, and gets all the GamerScore/Achievements from it, and decides to take it back to EB. EB Gives JoeSmoe say $10 for it.

Then EB turns around and Sells it for $49.99-$54.99

Since EB Bought the copy back that's already been "Paid for" in their eyes, they Keep 100% of the Price they re-sell it for.

The problem with that?, They Dont OWN it.

EB Games is re-selling a used copy for 75-95% of the Retail cost and keeping 100% of the sale, and not Paying the Publisher/Developers their cut because the Game exchanged hands between the Customer and the Retailer.

Which is the #1 Reason game prices are going up again to $69.99.

I actually disagree with that last line of reasoning. At least in Australia, game prices have matched inflation or have come down in price (especially in PC games, mind you we generally still pay 50% on top of what the US pays).

What you failed to mention is how much the publishing companies screw the middle man (like EB/gamestop) back as well, through things like Origin/Steam. At least when I worked for EB in high school, I was told quite clearly that their survival was purely dependent on pre-owned sales. The profit margin on new stuff was only ~10%. You take away the ability to resell games, combined with online purchases and you really do kill the middle man.

I can't think of an industry which has had its middle man cut out to the benefit of the consumer.

This isnt EA/Dice with separate teams for SP and MP.

Yes that what I was saying.

It would create a compatibility and management nightmare if ED started releasing SP and MP patches to placate everyone. It would also delay both SP and MP. It is not a good position to promote separate patches whihc people on here seem to be doing.

I would assume beta testing this game wouldn't involve spamming and quaking but proper in depth testing with reports...... Time I don't have....

Work, course work, side projects....

Yup, it's not uncommon to spend hours on a single bug. Lots of "fun".

Intelligent discourse can only begin with the honest admission of your own fallibility.

Member of the Virtual Tactical Air Group: http://vtacticalairgroup.com/

Lua scripts and mods:

MIssion Scripting Tools (Mist): http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=98616

Slmod version 7.0 for DCS: World: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=80979

Now includes remote server administration tools for kicking, banning, loading missions, etc.

look at the weather this weekend.

I doubt anyone from northern NJ and Up had a decent internetz or power.

they was too busy Finding Nemo.

What'd they do, run a 50 Plane Server with tankers, Jtac, everything on?.

I'm in Bergen County and we never skipped a beat. (Condolences to those who faired worse). Took the XC skis out 4 times, did a lot of sledding with the little one. It's been fun.

Smokin' Hole

My DCS wish list: Su25, Su30, Mi24, AH1, F/A-18C, Afghanistan ...and frankly, the flight sim world should stop at 1995.

Ah so many glasses are half empty in this thread.

I for one welcome our DCS overlords to release the 1.2.3 patch if and when they see fit!

Hawk_5

Modules:

A10C, BS2, FC3, P51, CA, UH-1H, Mi-8MTV2

System:

Gigabyte GA-X79UP4 MB, intel 3930k, Coolermaster Siedon 120M liquid cooled, Corsair Vengence Red 16GB 2133Mhz, Gigabyte Geforce GTX680 2GB Super o'clk, intel 520 SSD 240GB,

Seagate Barracuda 2TB HD, Coolermaster Silent Pro 800W PS, Coolermaster CM690 II Case