Ver 1.2.3 News

Quirkitized

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How is this being a killjoy?

To suggest anything remotely negative about this long awaited patch could be as pessimistic. I don't know maybe I'm a bit paranoid.:music_whistling:

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4

GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2070 8GB 256-Bit GDDR6(Assume the latest driver version)

Thermaltake Water 3.0 Certified Liquid Cooling System

Windows 10 Professional

Oculus Rift-S /TrackIR 5 in case VR dies

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog w/ Thrustmaster T-Flight Rudder Pedals

Wags

1.2.3 Update

Over the weekend, the test team once again hammered on network play and the results looked good with no crashes; although, not as many participants as we would have hoped for took part. Today we are building a new release installer for 1.2.3 that we hope to release soon.

:thumbup:

|Windows 8 64bit|I7-950| |X58Mobo| |1T HDD| |18gigs PC3-16000 TC 2000mhz||Nvidia GTX 660 Ti Graphics||Cougar HOTAS-CHPedals/TIR5ProClip|

hey bartender.... can I get a refill....

And a six pack to go :music_whistling:

Intelligent discourse can only begin with the honest admission of your own fallibility.

Member of the Virtual Tactical Air Group: http://vtacticalairgroup.com/

Lua scripts and mods:

MIssion Scripting Tools (Mist): http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=98616

Slmod version 7.0 for DCS: World: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=80979

Now includes remote server administration tools for kicking, banning, loading missions, etc.

so if it didn't worked out perfect last weekend then we are on a wait for the next weekend tests... so we shouldn't bother waiting it till then.

maybe just a small FFB patch?.. :P

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

Not sure why there's always the "...over the weekend, the test team...". Why the weekends? Don't they work on this stuff during the week?

Because the testers are unpaid volunteers with day jobs in many time zones, and arranging a time when everyone is (awake) and free can be tricky, and is easiest over the weekends (where some are flying in their mornings and others in their evenings...)

Cheers.

Dont be so pedantic .

The rest of my post stands.

I fly the A-10C in more detail than has ever been put into a flight simulator (commercial), its a stand out product in commercial Military Flight Simulator history by far, its the best thing that has happened to flight simulation and it was very reasonably priced...

What did I miss?

Because the testers are unpaid volunteers with day jobs in many time zones, and arranging a time when everyone is (awake) and free can be tricky, and is easiest over the weekends (where some are flying in their mornings and others in their evenings...)

I thought we were all unpaid testers with beta versions ?

The rest of my post stands.

Stability ..... It wasnt ever stable !!!

And the rest of my post stands too , which was "you obviously agree that DCS works as advertised on the box" ..... and dont give me I dont have a box crap , cuz you damn well know what I mean .

Also , since my post , there are people who agree that version 1 was not stable , but yet again , you disagree . Please explain what has brainwashed you into thinking that DCS was ever stable , and back that up by examples ..... just so others can understand too .

No, you pre-ordered. Nobody is forcing your hand to install the Beta, which you get access to as a bonus, to do with as you please as a consequence of the pre-order.

Do not get me wrong, I am forever grateful for all the members who do participate in the open-betas, especially where FC3 bugs etc etc are concerned, helping to get them squashed once and for all. Had it not been for members' reports, the process would obviously by it's very nature be a wee bitty longer.

Soooooooo..........If you have pre-ordered and wish to participate, keep the reports coming :thumbup:

If not, Keep Calm and Await the Release!

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

Does anyone know if they will make DCS run like Lock on Because I can run Lock on fine but DCS world is very chuggy. I have a really bad computer but I can still run Lock on so if the optimise it like lock on please let me know.

If you are thinking about lockon pre FC, then don't hold your breath. There is so much more content and stuff going on in the exe compared to then, so even the best hypothetical optimization would not necessarily bring back the performance you are hoping for.

Consider reading some tips in the hardware section of this forum and figuring out your computers bottleneck, if it's not the cpu, a gpu upgrade might help a bit...

Help Beczl with his DCS MiG-21Bis project

by Pre-Ordering DCS MiG-21Bis module NOW!

CLICK HERE TO GO TO PRE-ORDER PAGE AT INDIEGOGO

Stability ..... It wasnt ever stable !!!

Also , since my post , there are people who agree that version 1 was not stable , but yet again , you disagree . Please explain what has brainwashed you into thinking that DCS was ever stable , and back that up by examples ..... just so others can understand too .

Sufferin' jehosaphat mate, give the whinging a flaming rest will yer?

We get it old son, the sim don't run to your satisfaction, but ... it runs great for many others ... and ... there's ONE possibility you haven't yet factored in to the problems you're having ...

Edited by sobek

"A true 'sandbox flight sim' requires hi-fidelity flyable non-combat utility/support aircraft."

Wishlist Terrains - Bigger maps

Wishlist Modules - A variety of utility aircraft to better reflect the support role. E.g. Flying the Hornet ... big yawn ... flying a Caribou on a beer run to Singapore? Count me in. Extracting a Recon Patrol from a hastily prepared landing strip at a random 6 figure grid reference? Now yer talking!

No, you pre-ordered. Nobody is forcing your hand to install the Beta, which you get access to as a bonus, to do with as you please as a consequence of the pre-order.

Do not forget ED announced realeasing of FC3 for September/2012. Honestly, I find it quite difficult to call this beta-version a "bonus" still in February/2013 given the level of misinformation we received...

With all do respect, we (paying customers) already showed enormous amount of tolerance and comprehension. Now it's time for ED to show the same...

By choice. If you don't like playing a beta, why buy into an open beta that is clearly advertised as such, then complain about it in hindsight?

The MP issues have been acknowledged, as such there is little leeway left to interpret you beating this individual from the genus equus to death other than you wanting to troll, so please, give it a rest.

Good, fast, cheap. Choose any two.

Come let's eat grandpa!

Use punctuation, save lives!

I already had to remove one instance of namecalling, do not go there again. This goes for both sides of the argument.

PS: Spelling an insult in l33t does not constitute compliance with forum rule 1.2, keep that in mind for further posts.

Good, fast, cheap. Choose any two.

Come let's eat grandpa!

Use punctuation, save lives!

I already had to remove one instance of namecalling, do not go there again. This goes for both sides of the argument.

PS: Spelling an insult in l33t does not constitute compliance with forum rule 1.2, keep that in mind for further posts.

I apologise.

"A true 'sandbox flight sim' requires hi-fidelity flyable non-combat utility/support aircraft."

Wishlist Terrains - Bigger maps

Wishlist Modules - A variety of utility aircraft to better reflect the support role. E.g. Flying the Hornet ... big yawn ... flying a Caribou on a beer run to Singapore? Count me in. Extracting a Recon Patrol from a hastily prepared landing strip at a random 6 figure grid reference? Now yer talking!

Do not get me wrong, I am forever grateful for all the members who do participate in the open-betas, especially where FC3 bugs etc etc are concerned, helping to get them squashed once and for all. Had it not been for members' reports, the process would obviously by it's very nature be a wee bitty longer.

Soooooooo..........If you have pre-ordered and wish to participate, keep the reports coming :thumbup:

Bonus? FC3 beta is not responsible for the major bugs that are occuring in MP missions.

I don't remember when buying the A-10C anywhere showing that the Multiplayer is unstable?

Also, I didn't see that DCSW is in Beta or that i wouldn't be able to use air refueling in online missions.

After trying to host many missions with a dedicated server I can safly say that 1.2.2 is buggy and unreliable for the non beta/prepurchase modules as well as for the beta/prepurchase modules.

Obviously bugs are normal for any applicaiton but please don't say that the bugs are a result of FC3 beta, it's simply not true.

Edit - I also feel like a beta tester with all the bugs in all the modules :/

I'm going to make a Tee Shirt and a mug for this and sell it with all the other Keep Calm stuff - I'll go 50/50 with you Viper, seeing as you technically own the IP!!!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Asus ROG Rampage Extreme VI; i9 7900X (all 10 cores at 4.5GHz); 32 Gb Corsair Dominator DDR4; EVGA 1080Ti Hybrid; 1Tb Samsung 960 Evo M2; 2Tb Samsung 850 Pro secondary.

Oculus Rift; TM Warthog; Saitek Combat Pros.

They are the result of the FC3 beta, and I believe CA; software is complicated, and the netcode was not originally built to handle everything as it is right now. Problems ensued.

Call it teething problems.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

If you want to criticize developers, - be constructive and reasonable. Don't be that entitled, insatiable consumer with burned dopamine receptors that always feels that everyone owns him something. Last thing you want for this franchise - is a developers that have an impression that they have shitty and hostile community, which will inevitably worsen the product by far.

Please, ED guys, take note that the vast majority of all this critique comes from jaded vocal minority, who are impossible to satisfy by design. I'm sure that people who didn't loose the ability to enjoy games in general are very happy with how your products are progressing.

• Like 1