Ver 1.2.3 News

Quirkitized

Wags, I can make a criticism?

I would prefer that you announce the news of DCS World, first here in the official forum of the ED.

Customers of ED are here. I think they have the right to be informed first.

Then later you can go around the world to release interviews.

I say this because every time you communicate something very important, this always occurs first outside this forum.

Greetings.

Heh, it's pretty obvious by now that we're just here for Wags' amusement.:)

Windows 10 64bit

Intel i7 9700K

Corsair H80i v2 Hydro Cooler

EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti XC Ultra

32GB RAM

ASUS Z390 Maximus XI

Samsung 970 EVO 1tb NVMe Solid State Drive

EVGA Gold 1000w

HTC Vive Pro VR

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wags, I can make a criticism?

I would prefer that you announce the news of DCS World, first here in the official forum of the ED.

Customers of ED are here. I think they have the right to be informed first.

Then later you can go around the world to release interviews.

I say this because every time you communicate something very important, this always occurs first outside this forum.

Greetings.

Wags's told the forum in advance that he will be interviewd last time. Might be you did not notice .

I'll give one example, previously waypoints were read at mission start. Now they are Dynamic and have to be transmitted over the network. This communication needs to be tested and verified as functioning correctly. This happens for most new features.

OK, but it was stated recently in some thread that the MP works stable with up to 16-20 players. If more than that is not achieved this week, maybe ED can consider releasing the 1.2.3 patch in its current (supposedly) stable state with the stated limitation about the number of players in MP. Then, when that's fixed and verified (it might take some more time, obviously), another patch can be released.

i386DX40@42 MHz w/i387 CP, 4 MB RAM (8*512 kB), Trident 8900C 1 MB w/16-bit RAMDAC ISA, Quantum 340 MB UDMA33, SB 16, DOS 6.22 w/QEMM + Win3.11CE, Quickshot 1btn 2axis, Numpad as hat. 2 FPH on a good day, 1 FPH avg.

DISCLAIMER: My posts are still absolutely useless. Just finding excuses not to learn the F-14 (HB's Swansong?).

Annoyed by my posts? Please consider donating. Once the target sum is reached, I'll be off to somewhere nice I promise not to post from. I'd buy that for a dollar!

OK, but it was stated recently in some thread that the MP works stable with up to 16-20 players. If more than that is not achieved this week, maybe ED can consider releasing the 1.2.3 patch in its current (supposedly) stable state with the stated limitation about the number of players in MP. Then, when that's fixed and verified (it might take some more time, obviously), another patch can be released.

It will take as long as it takes. It has been ever thus.

Nate

The thread was moved to the chit chat area last week

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=99338&page=120

Post count is over 1k since many have passed the time with off the wall comments (which is why they moved it). Wags even gave an update there the other day that wasn't on the official news area.

Asus Sabertooth P67 Motherboard 2600k CPU, 16 gig DDR3, 1600. Samsung 830, 256 gig hard drive,

GTX780 Video Card, Warthog Hotas, Razer Mamba mouse. Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals. Trackir 5, Verizon FIOS 25Meg Up/Down

During our squad nights we can easy reach 20+ players if the environment is stable. So I rather wait two more weeks then to find out the server is crashing 2hours into a flight. That sort of crashes just want me to throw my HOTAS out the window and jump from my chair head first. Hate it! Really really hate it! Gaaah!

i7 8700K | GTX 1080 Ti | 32GB RAM | 500GB M.2 SSD | TIR5 w/ Trackclip Pro | TM Hotas Warthog | Saitek Pro Flight Rudder

[sigpic]http://www.132virtualwing.org[/sigpic]

During our squad nights we can easy reach 20+ players if the environment is stable. So I rather wait two more weeks then to find out the server is crashing 2hours into a flight. That sort of crashes just want me to throw my HOTAS out the window and jump from my chair head first. Hate it! Really really hate it! Gaaah!

Sounds like you need to attend some anger management classes?? :music_whistling:

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4

GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2070 8GB 256-Bit GDDR6(Assume the latest driver version)

Thermaltake Water 3.0 Certified Liquid Cooling System

Windows 10 Professional

Oculus Rift-S /TrackIR 5 in case VR dies

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog w/ Thrustmaster T-Flight Rudder Pedals

Damn, the podcast has disappeared. Anychance anyone has it recorded so I can hear the stunning news myself.

Cowboy10uk

I wonder why it was taken down. And it would be nice to have the news posted here.

ED have been taking my money since 1995. :P

I want the 1.2.3 to release now. Its been too long for a version update but I can wait until all rest of the features are completed and final version of FC3 to come out along side the patch 1.2.3. Just make the announcement and my anticipation will go towards for it all to be released. Its been way too long and since its been that long we can wait until final version of FC3 is released.

Good day.

|Windows 8 64bit|I7-950| |X58Mobo| |1T HDD| |18gigs PC3-16000 TC 2000mhz||Nvidia GTX 660 Ti Graphics||Cougar HOTAS-CHPedals/TIR5ProClip|

Tracer Color Mod

No address on p51 tracers at all wot!!

Not sure if this is what you need but there is a tracer color mod for the P51 in users files that gives more visibility. Maybe that would get you through?

tracer.jpg.fa02f3cddb940bff73b6d113d63776bc.jpg

Edited by MegOhm_SD

Cooler Master HAF XB EVO , ASUS P8Z77-V, i7-3770K @ 4.6GHz, Noctua AC, 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro, EVGA 1080TI 11GB, 2 Samsung 840 Pro 540GB SSDs Raid 0, 1TB HDD, EVGA SuperNOVA 1300W PS, G930 Wireless SS Headset, TrackIR5/Wireless Proclip, TM Warthog, Saitek Pro Combat Pedals, 75" Samsung 4K QLED, HP Reverb G2, Win 10

guys it could be another month before it comes out.

What are you talking about? Wags said 2 days ago they are testing the installer, it's up to Moscow, but release is imminent.

Windows 10 64bit

Intel i7 9700K

Corsair H80i v2 Hydro Cooler

EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti XC Ultra

32GB RAM

ASUS Z390 Maximus XI

Samsung 970 EVO 1tb NVMe Solid State Drive

EVGA Gold 1000w

HTC Vive Pro VR

guys it could be another month before it comes out. Just relax, find a girl, go for a walk, do your homework and live life instead of stewing about this.

What are you talking about? Wags said 2 days ago they are testing the installer, it's up to Moscow, but release is imminent.

Well to be fair, it's better to be abit pessimistic when it comes to software updates like these, that way you are never disappointed.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed it will turn up soon, but to be honest I will believe it when I see it.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not unhappy how long it's taking, at least we know its being done right, and Wags is keeping us updated quite well.

Yes it can be frustrating, but guys we just have to remember what Ed are trying to bring us. We all know the old saying, best things come to those who wait, and I'm pretty sure that is more than correct when it comes to Ed.

I'm just enjoying what I have now, rather than getting wound up about when the next update or module is coming. ( my posts on The Huey don't count. ;) )

While yes Dcs World does have a few issues, but that said its still a bloody good simulator as it is now.

Cowboy10uk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Fighter pilots make movies, Attack pilots make history, Helicopter pilots make heros.

:pilotfly: Corsair 570x Crystal Case, Intel 8700K O/clocked to 4.8ghz, 32GB Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4 3200 MHZ Ram, 2 x 1TB M2 drives, 2 x 4TB Hard Drives, Nvidia EVGA GTX 1080ti FTW, Maximus x Hero MB, H150i Cooler, 6 x Corsair LL120 RGB Fans And a bloody awful Pilot :doh:

Well to be fair, it's better to be abit pessimistic when it comes to software updates like these, that way you are never disappointed.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed it will turn up soon, but to be honest I will believe it when I see it.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not unhappy how long it's taking, at least we know its being done right, and Wags is keeping us updated quite well.

Yes it can be frustrating, but guys we just have to remember what Ed are trying to bring us. We all know the old saying, best things come to those who wait, and I'm pretty sure that is more than correct when it comes to Ed.

I'm just enjoying what I have now, rather than getting wound up about when the next update or module is coming. ( my posts on The Huey don't count. ;) )

While yes Dcs World does have a few issues, but that said its still a bloody good simulator as it is now.

Cowboy10uk

You're obviously a 'glass-half-full' person, I'm not so positive (wish I were...), seems to me very worrying that ED struggles to muster more than 20 people regularly for proper stress-tests of their new builds; signs that perhaps the company is spread too thinly on too many projects and is now unable to deliver the products over 50% of their customers really crave (stable CA multiplayer + DCS fighter)....of course it didn't help that they wasted a year of dev time on an antique fighter with no place in the DCS universe (still baffles me)....

Anyways, I hope my pessimism is ill-founded as I love DCS World and wish ED nothing but success, but am increasingly worried.....

Edited by Mandrake5

of course it didn't help that they wasted a year of dev time on an antique fighter with no place in the DCS universe (still baffles me)....

Not everyone shares that opinion, the P51 has many fans who take it for what it is. Also, I believe it was simply a technical exercise that they decided they may as well release after the work put into it so it wasn't a waste of time really as presumably it would have been done anyway, but we get to enjoy it now. I'm happy they did, why should DCS world stick with current times? having a WW2 bird opens up many scenarios for the future. More war birds, Vietnam, the Falklands.... the list could go on, exciting prospect if you ask me. Remember DCS world is only just beginning.

[sIGPIC]sigpic67951_1.gif[/sIGPIC]

It's hard to argue that the P-51 isn't the "odd one out," though. A little more continuity in the series would have been nice to begin with, but I don't think anyone would suggest that P-51 isn't beautifully done... the best warbird representation in any sim, ever.

why should DCS world stick with current times? having a WW2 bird opens up many scenarios for the future. More war birds, Vietnam, the Falklands.... the list could go on, exciting prospect if you ask me. Remember DCS world is only just beginning.

I totally agree, i'd love to see DCS:WW2, DCS:Vietnam, DCS:WWI, DCS:Falklands etc....but one at a time, not a bit of this here, a bit of that there....a mess!

Edited by Mandrake5