Ka-50 JTAC Campaign: Operation Jackal

see A10C version here: A-10C Campaign - Operation Jackal

version fixes

v1.5 added 1/26/2013

- Mission 1 uzi ground soldier adjusted to (hopefully) avoid randomly, rarely, being stuck.

- Mission 6 payload changed.

- Mission 6 adjustment to jackal, sometimes he would go defensive on foot. This didn't prevent you from killing him or the outcome of the campaign, but it's a storyline fix to allow him to run to chopper.

- Added readme back into zip and updated it.

- Added multiplayer and single player into one package. There was really no need for two seperate installs. Now you will always have both and can simply chose which to play.

YOU MUST HAVE KA-50 JTAC MOD INSTALLED!

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=93228

You'll need to input L/L coords from Jtac's into your PVI-800. So make sure you now how to do that, read turbos excellent pdf guide. Also remember when you switch channels to tune that channel.

Version 1.5 Download Link (26MB)

The download includes the single player campaign package and individual multiplayer coop missions.

http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/267096/

Individual Missions (SP)

Already completed the campaign, or finished a mission and just want to replay that mission? Download the specific mission at bottom of the post (attachments) and put it in whatever folder you wish to load it from.

Playing a previous version?

Just download the updated version and install like normal (drop mods folder into dcs folder), and continue the campaign. Not playing a previous version? Just download and install, and play. Since version 1.3 I have added version # to bottom of briefing so you can check what version you are on

Story is simple:

Jackal is a long time enemy and his reign of terror on the civilians need to end. You will systematically reduce his forces and supplies until ultimately, you find him and kill him.

Info:

• Single player or Two player MP COOP.

• Difficulty: Relatively easy. This is not an advance campaign with mass battles in each mission.

• Voices: Yes, just mine though.

• Missions: Six total missions

• Flight times: Some are long, some are short. If they are long, remember you can ctrl+z to speed up time (in single player)

• Targets: Some missions have little, some have quite a few. For coop. most missions will have larger target types & quantities but same tasking

• Wingman: You'll have a wingman for a couple of the missions, otherwise it's solo. (no wingman in MP coop)

• Weather: Season is winter in January with low temps. Winds very from calm to a breeze. There is one night time mission.

• Weapons: First mission, you only have guns, this isn't a mistake. Rest of the missions you'll typically have vikhr and rockets unless otherwise stated.

• Jtacs: Yes, each mission uses jtacs.

Install instructions

-----------

DCS INSTALL

-----------

Drop the "Mods" folder into your DCS Folder.

-------------

JSGME INSTALL

-------------

Place the "KA-50 Operation JACKAL" folder into your _MODS folder. (Or whatever mod folder you use for JSGME)

If you are going to use JSGME for an updated version of the campaign make sure you still have the old version enabled, then enable the new one, and it will alert you that the new one is going to overwrite, so overwrite. If you dont do this, you'll end up restarting your campaign.

I recommend just simply dropping the mods folder into your DCS folder, as it's easier.

How to play

Multiplayer COOP: When you start a server, in the drop down menu, select Ka-50 > Multiplayer > choose mission # you want to play.

Single Player: Main Menu > Campaign > Ka-50 Campaign > Select Operation Jackal

Un-install

DCS Uninstall Singleplayer Campaign package:

1. Go to - D:\DCS World\Mods\aircrafts\Ka-50\Missions\EN\Campaigns

2. Delete the Jackal.miz and Jackal.cmp files.

DCS Uinstall MP COOP Mission pack:

1. Go to - D:\DCS World\Mods\aircrafts\Ka-50\Missions\EN\Multiplayer

2. Delete the jackal.miz files.

JSGME Uninstall:

Just use the program to remove it, or delete it.

Any other random info you can read in the readme, or below here:

==========================================================
OPERATION JACKAL - KA-50 BLACKSHARK 2 - DCS WORLD - README
==========================================================

-------------
Version Fixes
-------------
v1.5
- Mission 1 uzi ground soldier adjusted to (hopefully) avoid randomly, rarely, being stuck.
- Mission 6 payload changed.
- Mission 6 adjustment to jackal, sometimes he would go defensive on foot. This didn't prevent you from killing him or the outcome of the campaign, but it's a storyline fix to allow him to run to chopper.
- Added readme back into zip and updated it.
- Added multiplayer and single player into one package. There was really no need for two seperate installs. Now you will always have both and can simply chose which to play.

v1.4
- Mission 5: (SP & MP Fix) Fixed an issue preventing mission 5 from completing. Adjusted uzi cargo soldier route (again). Cleaned up vehicles around him and change route a little, so he shouldn't get stuck anymore. Also added a secondary trigger for a win, once Uzi takes off for RTB's it'll be a victory, in case the demo team fails to blowup ammo.
- Changed a few waypoints in all missions, (ie: removed some rtb in 2 waypoints as most missions it wasn't needed)

v1.3
- Mission 5: (SP & MP fix) Change UZI route and zone logic so they would always blow up the buildings, in some cases this wasn't occurring.
- Fixed mission scoring for single player. This should prevent missions reverting to previous missions on exit, and keep you on your current mission.
- Added weather info to briefing for MP COOP, as in MP you can't see it in biefing.

v1.1.3
Gameplay balance:
Changed Mission 5 SA-19 Tunguska's to SA-13 Strela's. This should keep the difficulty more in-line with the entire campaign.
Misc:
Changes some messages to last just a few seconds longer.

v1.1.2
SP & MP Fixed second audio file not playing in mission 6. Was lost in the mission saving bug.

v1.1.1
MP COOP fix only. Changed mission 3 start time back to hour 22 instead of hour 12. It's a night mission.

v1.1
Fixed mission 6 initial audio file not playing at start, it was accidently playing only when you ejected.

------------
REQUIREMENTS
------------
1. DCS WORLD
2. KA-50 Blackshark 2
3. KA-50 JTAC mode from Turbohog (see link)

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=93228

!! YOU MUST HAVE THE JTAC MOD !!

-----------
DCS INSTALL
-----------
Drop the "Mods" folder into your DCS Folder.

---------------------------
Playing a previous version?
---------------------------
Just simply drop the mods folder into your DCS folder and continue your campaign. It will automatically update the campaign missions to the current version #.

-------------
JSGME INSTALL
-------------
Place the "Ka-50 Operation Jackal campaign" folder into your _MODS folder. (Or whatever mod folder you use for JSGME)

Get JSGME Here, With tutorial: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=98607

If you are going to use JSGME for an updated version of the campaign make sure you still have the old version enabled, then enable the new one, and it will alert you that the new one is going to overwrite, so overwrite. If you dont do this, you'll end up restarting your campaign. 

------------
HOW TO PLAY?
------------
Singleplayer Campaign:
DCS World > Main Menu > Campaign > Ka-50 > Operation Jackal

Two Player Multiplayer COOP:
When you start a server, in the drop down menu, select Ka-50 > Multiplayer > choose mission # you want to play.

-----
Story
-----
Jackal is a long time enemy and his reign of terror on the civilians need to end. You will systematically reduce his forces and supplies until ultimately, you find him and kill him.

----
INFO
----
Forum post for comments: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=99549

Made using DCS v1.2.2.7570

Auther: Quirk! (Quirkitized)

Date Completed: 12/29/2012, 4:30pm CST

Days Spent: 12 days

Hours Spent: lost count...

Sounds Used: My voice, DCS own sound files, freesound.org files

The story reference? None, just kinda came together in my head...

-------------
Programs Used
-------------
DCS World
Notepad....for notes!
Audacity used for sounds
Fraps used to pull game sounds with video
Virtualdub used to pull audio from fraps video of game

----------
Last notes
----------
Just hope you enjoy the story, it's only six missions but a lot of time went into the story-line events. Try to observe thing's that happen when UZI comes into play. Also, targets from previous missions remain dead, if you wish to fly to areas you previously were, this maintains all the way through to the end.

- ENJOY !! -

Old edits:

edit 1: added individual missions in case campaign gets screwy on failed/left missions. Just place them in your missions folder and play them in order. This is for single player only as the MP coop missions are already individual and you play them in order already.

edit 2: added mp coop missions. Two players.

edit 3: version 1.1 added. Fixed mission 6 initial audio file not playing at start, it was accidently playing only when you ejected. You can download the single mission below, or re-download the pack.

edit 4: Version v1.1.1 added for MP COOP. Fixed mission 3, accidently had it as hour 12 start time instead of hour 22. It's a night time mission, sorry guys fixed now.

edit 5: Added SP & MP v1.1.2. Fixed second audio file in mission 6. There is a bug sometimes when saving missions sound files get 'lost', re-added the sound file. Cleaned up readme.

edit 6: v1.1.3

Gameplay balance:

Changed Mission 5 SA-19 Tunguska's to SA-13 Strela's. This should keep the difficulty more in-line with the entire campaign.

Misc:

Changes some messages to last just a few seconds longer.

v1.4

- Mission 5: (SP & MP Fix) Fixed an issue preventing mission 5 from completing. Adjusted uzi cargo soldier route (again). Cleaned up vehicles around him and change route a little, so he shouldn't get stuck anymore. Also added a secondary trigger for a win, once Uzi takes off for RTB's it'll be a victory, in case the demo team fails to blowup ammo.

v1.3

- Mission 5: (SP & MP fix) Change UZI route and zone logic so they would always blow up the buildings, in some cases this wasn't occurring.

- Fixed mission scoring for single player. This should prevent missions reverting to previous missions on exit, and keep you on your current mission.

- Added weather info to briefing for MP COOP, as in MP you can't see it in biefing.

- Changed file names

Jackal-Ka50-1.miz

Jackal-Ka50-2.miz

Jackal-Ka50-3.miz

Jackal-Ka50-4.miz

Jackal-Ka50-5.miz

Jackal-Ka50-6.miz

Edited by Quirkitized
  • Like 1

MP COOP mission 3 fixed, start time was set at hour 12 when it should of been hour 22.

SP & MP mission 6 initial audio fixed. Initial start audio chatter was not playing in mission 6. Was accidently playing only when you ejected. This didn't effect gameplay as briefing tells you what to do but it's fixed. You can re-download the zip or individual mission. Please be advised that this will cause you to restart the campaign. So if you are on mission 6, you could just download the single mission 6 update and select it. It's just an audio fix at the start of the mission, so your not missing out on much.

Hopefully it shouldn't need anymore fixes.

After a PM and more playing mission 5, I made a game balance change. Changed Mission 5 SA-19 Tunguska's to SA-13 Strela's. This should keep the difficulty more in-line with the entire campaign. While editing that, I made a small tweak for short messages to stay longer (10sec to 13sec.)

If anybody else has suggestions for tweaks, difficulty, or problems let me know. It feels, overall, especially after the sa-19 to sa-13 tweak it should be well balanced throughout the campaign.

EDIT: Here is overview

Mission Overviews

Mission 1

You are to assist UZI in retrieving documents from Jackal's house that contain the information we need for Jackal's operation locations. Take out the infantry guards to secure the area for UZI to search.

m1_bg.jpg

Mission 2

Jackal has control over Krymsk airfield. Remove his forces from Krymsk. Your CDU is pre-programmed with anti-air threat locations (WP 3, 4 and 5). After AAA threats are neutralized, contact Jtac.

m2_bg.jpg

Mission 3

Jackal has caught us off guard while relocating to Anapa and is striking Krymsk airfield with Artillery. Defend Krymsk. Land, refuel and rearm at krymsk, then take out the Artillery. Contact Jtac colt once you've rearmed for TGT location.

m3_bg.jpg

Mission 4

Today, We will be elimating Jackal's heavily guarded fuel operations. Clear the battlefield. Once cleared, UZI's Demolition team will blowup fuel related buildings.

m4_bg.jpg

Mission 5

Take out Jackal's North and South anti-air threats, jtac can give you coords. Once anti-air is clear, clean up all Vehicle and Personnel enemy units at AMMO OP. Then, UZI's Demolition team will blowup ammo related buildings.

m5_bg.jpg

Mission 6

Jackal's forces are deminished. He has fled to Novarossisysk. Find him, and kill him.

Fly to Novorossiysk, contact jtac axeman for house location. Jtac for this mission will give you only one group to hit, however, take out all targets. Jtac's coords are just to put you on-location.

m6_bg.jpg

Edited by Quirkitized

Added version 1.3

- Changed file names

Apologizes for those that are currently playing the campaign but this big version 1.3 update will require you to restart as I have changed the file structure. This should simplify things as new updates come out if needed, you will then be able to continue campaigns even if they are in progress with updated versions (from 1.3 and beyond.)

I skipped from version 1.1.3 to version 1.3 for the ka-50 version, so there is no up dates in between in case you wonder.

Edited by Quirkitized

• 3 weeks later...

Im going to be playing this when I get home!

Mods I use: KA-50 JTAC - Better Fire and Smoke - Unchain Rudder from trim KA50 - Sim FFB for G940 - Beczl Rocket Pods Updated!

Processor: Intel Q6600 @ 3.00GHz

GPU: GeForce MSI RTX 2060 6GB

RAM: Crucial 8GB DDR2

HDD: 1TBGB Crucial SSD

Peripherals: Logitech G940 Hotas, TrackiR 5, Voice Activated commands , Sharkoon 5.1 headset. ,Touch Control for iPad, JoyToKey

• 4 weeks later...

I feel all warm and fuzzy inside. I fell for the shark again. I haven't really flown combat missions in the ka-50 before, just the courier and ship landings and some easy targets in self made missions. Boy am I glad I started this campaign. And its only the second mission I'm at. The first try ended in a tank shell right on the nose and lost hud. I flew her home for repairs but the hud never came back. Second try was embarrasing. After a sharp turn for a hover to get the tanks I went heads down for the shkval only to wake up to a violent shaking. I pull the collective and just as I do, I remember I'm really not supposed to and go for a dive for some speed. At that point I was too low but got it to slow down just enough to survive(not immortal pilot). The third I managed it. I just got greedy with the APCs and lost hydraulics. Oh btw if theres a warning to lower your gear, do it. I had already lost all hydraulics when I tried and the autopilot channels were all blinking. I ordered my wingman to get the two remaining apcs and head for home. It was a belly landing but a fine one at that.

So thanks for the missions. I'll be getting jackal soon I Hope.

• 5 months later...
  • 4 years later...
  • 1 year later...

Hi.

Firs of all, Mr Quirkitized, thank you for a lot of hard work. I love what you've done here :)

Running DCS 2.5.5 and everything seems to work...except Mission 4 the Uzi W and E choppers arrive but nothing happens after - the troops don't deploy and nothing blows up so I can't complete the mission.

As for the rest, though, it's absolutely brilliant. I love everything going on around and the chance that your own ground forces will neutralise the threat before you do (or, indeed, that they won't...)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Wildcards BlackJack_sml.jpg

• 1 month later...
Anyone tested this for DCS World 2.5?

Yep, works fine on current version of DCS World.

With a couple of tweaks.

You need to go in and edit triggers on Mission 4 and Mission 5 - the support choppers land fine but nothing else happens, the reason being that the trigger for the team to disembark is set for the helicopter being <3 feet above SEA level. And it isn't. Adjust the trigger to being <3 feet above GROUND level and it works a charm.#

Oh, and while you're messing with Mission 5 you may want to change your flight loadout to Anti Personnel rockets rather than the standard HEAT warhead. You'll see why...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Wildcards BlackJack_sml.jpg