476th vFG, 76th vFS "Battle Book"

Eddie

Wildbill, take a more realistic amount of mk-82's.

Just stick 4 on the jet. RPL Single, amount 2, 75ft spacing.

Most likely in combat you're dropping them all 4 at once, but the RPL single is nice for this kind of training.

With your load, you can be pretty sure that you are going to hit at least something.

The jet will also handle better.

Thanks Stuka. I will practice with 2X TER from now on. I just needed to perfect the technique and I believe I did. I would like to again thank 476th members for their patience and specifically Blueridge for the further picture he gave.

AWAITING ED NEW DAMAGE MODEL IMPLEMENTATION FOR WW2 BIRDS

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.

Just wanted to say thanks Eddie for releasing your weapon deliveries manual,I know I am finding it really useful and others will as well,

Keep up the good work and it truly is appreciated pal, I hope some peoples views won't dissuade you from other releases in the future,

Mick. :)

• Thanks 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]Keep the faith

AMD PHENOM II X 4 955be @3.2 GHZ | ASUS M4A88TD-V EVO mb | Corsair XMS3-8GB Dual Channel DDR3 Memory | Nvidea GTX 580 GDDR5 GPU | CNPS9900 NT cooler | Corsair HX850W psu | Seagate Barracuda 500GB HD 300 MBps - 7200 rpm | WIN 7 64bit | 32" HD LCD TV | 5.1 surround sound | wireless keyboard and mouse | Saitek x45 hotas.

Thanks Stuka. I will practice with 2X TER from now on. I just needed to perfect the technique and I believe I did. I would like to again thank 476th members for their patience and specifically Blueridge for the further picture he gave.

Try 4 bombs without the TERs. TERs increase drag. I was able to easily hit the required speed with even 6 Mk82s without the TERs.

Try 4 bombs without the TERs. TERs increase drag. I was able to easily hit the required speed with even 6 Mk82s without the TERs.

Thanks, Nealius. will switch loadout to 4 Mk-82 SER.

AWAITING ED NEW DAMAGE MODEL IMPLEMENTATION FOR WW2 BIRDS

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.

EDIT:

Resource removed due to attitude of some respondants.

I understand that you guys don't have to release materials to the community as a whole, but seriously? You went for "I'm going to take my ball and go home" by removing the link from your initial post instead of just ignoring the comments.

For anyone interested the download can still be found on their website here: http://www.476vfightergroup.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=211

• Like 1

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum

• ED Team
I understand that you guys don't have to release materials to the community as a whole, but seriously? You went for "I'm going to take my ball and go home" by removing the link from your initial post instead of just ignoring the comments.

For anyone interested the download can still be found on their website here: http://www.476vfightergroup.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=211

I agree, I dont think any of the negative comments were worth this... the people who appreciated this help out numbered them...

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

• 9 months later...
Is there any profiles for rockets, Gau-8, etc?

I too would LOVE to have profiles for those additional weapons. I've finally just started trying to learn how to fly these profiles.

However, given how old this thread is I'd bet the only way to get them is by joining up with the vFG.

--NoJoe

• 2 years later...

Hello people!

Kudos to the 476th for sharing some light :-) .

I'm looking to learn how to choose the "right" parameters to drop a really heavy Xmas gift on some bad guys. In other words, my first attempt at mission 01 of the red flag campaign was a nightmare. I was refusing to resort to the CCRP cheat (that's a joke), but couldn't figure out what was the proper altitude/dive angle to release a CBU-97.

After a few hours on the web, it seems I "just" need to build a Z-diagram for that particular bomb. How on earth can we do that? It would be great if I can learn how to get those ideal TOF, HOF, etc. I have no idea where those provided (for the Mk-82) came from...

I'd be grateful to anybody coming up with the reference I missed!

Cheers.

Edited by Lalbatros

@Tigercat & NoJoe

There is nothing to set in DSMS for guns and rockets in terms of deliveries. Besides min alt. It comes down to - be in right position to turn in towards the target. Altitude, distance, speed.

@Lalbatros

For a CBU you would work your way backwards - from the target up.

Ok, so we are using CBU-97. Now we want to know the effects - this will drive HOF. HOF among other things will drive your attack. It's practice ..

As for numbers, they came from DAPS.

Aviate - Navigate - Communicate

These guys do great things for the community and setup great resources for training and is very much appreciated. They certainly do crack me up with their awesome sense of humor tho.:megalol:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

i7-7700K OC @ 5Ghz | ASUS IX Hero MB | ASUS GTX 1080 Ti STRIX | 32GB Corsair 3000Mhz | Corsair H100i V2 Radiator | Samsung 960 EVO M.2 NVMe 500G SSD | Samsung 850 EVO 500G SSD | Corsair HX850i Platinum 850W | Oculus Rift | ASUS PG278Q 27-inch, 2560 x 1440, G-SYNC, 144Hz, 1ms | VKB Gunfighter Pro

Chuck's DCS Tutorial Library

Download PDF Tutorial guides to help get up to speed with aircraft quickly and also great for taking a good look at the aircraft available for DCS before purchasing. Link

• 7 years later...

I somehow always find my way back to this tread after a not having practiced this for a while.

Very helpful, even 10 years after the original writeup. Thanks guys!

I fly an A-10C II in VR and post my DCS journey on Is your phone a YouTube Signature Device? - Gizmochina     |   Subscribe to my DCS A-10C channel   

Come check out the 132nd Virtual Wing                                   |   My 4090 VR Performance Optimization  
SYSTEM SPECS: Ryzen 7 5800X3D, RTX4090, Varjo Aero, VKB Gunfigher MKIII MCG Ultimate with 10cm extension,VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle, VPC Control Panel #2, TM TPR Rudders. 64GB RAM, W10, Gametrix Jetseat, PointCTRL (currently broken), OpenKneeboard, Wacom Intuos.

132nd.Ready_Signatur.png