How to Install Steam's A-10c to DCS World?

1. Go to Steam library, right click on DCS: A-10C and view product key.

2. Copy product key to clipboard.

3. Create and save it into a notepad. (optional but I did)

4. Uninstall the Steam version and manually delete any old left over files.

5. Go to the following directory and delete the DCS Warthog folder.

C:\Users\YOURNAME\Saved Games

6. Go to this link and download the bottom official torrent file for DCS World.

http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/index.php?ProductId=21&end_pos=137&scr=product&lang=en

7. Go to this link and download the bottom official torrent file for DCS: A-10C Warthog.

http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/index.php?scr=product&ProductId=8&end_pos=136&lang=en

8. Once installed DCS World install DCS: A-10, the installer will find DCS World automatically.

9. Start DCS World. When in-game you will be prompted to enter the product key when you select a mission or go to the multilayer screen. Just simply enter the product key you copied from Steam in step 2.

That's it!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 2 weeks later...

I am on a limit data-cap, i own and have A-10 installed with Steam already. I have used up 5gb to download DCS World, do now do i have to download A10 via your instructions again all 7gb? and uninstall the Steam version?

Why can't World launch the game through Steam? i have Arma2 launcher program that can do this.

Cheers

Daza

If you have already downloaded DCS world, all you have to do is download the A10C module, and it's small, only around 330~MB.

Install DCS world. Install A10C module. Play (use your steam serial #)

The dcs world launcher won't launch the steam game as it's older, out of date. The game has evolved from when it was released and you need DCS world to keep up.

this comes up so often there really needs to be a straight forward guide stickied or something.

Edited by Quirkitized

Hi,

FYI DCS World is totally FREE, only the modules need a license, which you have from steam, so go here to download the A10C module and use your steam key. DCS World is 5.13GB and the module is 330MB.

Strike Posture Set CAS Center of Excellence

Intel Core i5 4690k @4,6Ghz, Gigabyte GTX 970 OC, Gigabyte Z97-X, 16GB G Skill Sniper @2400, Samsung 860/850 EVO , Win 10 64 bits, Dual monitors 27"@144"Opentrack + TM Warthog + Saitek pro flight combat 

I am on a limit data-cap, i own and have A-10 installed with Steam already. I have used up 5gb to download DCS World, do now do i have to download A10 via your instructions again all 7gb? and uninstall the Steam version?

Why can't World launch the game through Steam? i have Arma2 launcher program that can do this.

Cheers

Daza

Because it doesn't work that way. Your steam version of A10 is a complete, separate game. DCS world is, basically, the newest, updated version of A10C (or blackshard, or p51d), but without access to the A10C. DCS World is free, which is why A10C is not included. However, you own A10C and can easily get access to A10C in DCS World, by downloading and installing the A10C module. As posted above, the modules are small, and are only needed to add the complex sim part for whichever craft you buy (a10c, blackshark, p51). You already own A10C, so you do NOT have to purchase it again. Just download/install the module, use your steam cd key to activate.

I am having an issue installing the A-10 this way and I created a support ticket that is being ignored....anyone have any ideas...here is the problem.

I am running Windows 7 and have DCS World, DCS Combined Arms and the A-10 Warthog installed. I purchased the A-10 from Steam so I downloaded the Module from DCS and used the Serial number from Steam and they all work fine except when I try to go into Multiplayer.

I tried the fix on your site by unbinding everything then trying to go into Multiplayer, but when I sign in I still get Incorrect Serial number.

I don't know what to do next....is the problem the Serial Number I got from Steam?

Because it doesn't work that way. Your steam version of A10 is a complete, separate game. DCS world is, basically, the newest, updated version of A10C (or blackshard, or p51d), but without access to the A10C. DCS World is free, which is why A10C is not included. However, you own A10C and can easily get access to A10C in DCS World, by downloading and installing the A10C module. As posted above, the modules are small, and are only needed to add the complex sim part for whichever craft you buy (a10c, blackshark, p51). You already own A10C, so you do NOT have to purchase it again. Just download/install the module, use your steam cd key to activate.

DCS World is the Core Engine, and Modules Plug into it (A-10C, P-51D etc).

Steams Download is a Version that Pre-dates the Unification of all core assets., also should be noted that Steam's ISO is Limited to 32-bit Memory, Execution and Binaries.

If you want to run A-10C v 1.1.1.1 By itself it's better to download ED's version as it runs 64 Bit Binaries.

If you want to run A-10C Module inside DCSWorld,

Download the 330MB Module File from Here: http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/index.php?scr=product&ProductId=8&end_pos=136&lang=en

Install it, When prompted to Activate, use your Steam Serial Number.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

I am having an issue installing the A-10 this way and I created a support ticket that is being ignored....anyone have any ideas...here is the problem.

I am running Windows 7 and have DCS World, DCS Combined Arms and the A-10 Warthog installed. I purchased the A-10 from Steam so I downloaded the Module from DCS and used the Serial number from Steam and they all work fine except when I try to go into Multiplayer.

I tried the fix on your site by unbinding everything then trying to go into Multiplayer, but when I sign in I still get Incorrect Serial number.

I don't know what to do next....is the problem the Serial Number I got from Steam?

Have you used this serial number online before - ie with the version of A-10C on Steam and, if so, which account did you use then? "External" serial numbers (that is, numbers that are not purchased on the ED site) become associated to the first account that uses them.

In that case, use the login details you had when you created an account directly through the Master Server on http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com, and then go to this direct link: http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/myserials.php

There you can then dissociate the serial number from that account such that you can use it on the account you want to use.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

That is what I did Skatezilla..as you can see in my post just before your last post....but I can not get my installation to work because of this "incorrect serial number" issue.

I tried DCS's fix where they say to unbind all your serial numbers and then try logging back in to Multiplayer and it will re-bind all your modules...but it does not work.

Any ideas?

You either changed hardware, or used all activations

only thing i can suggest there is:

-Open Registry Editor

-goto HKLM, Programs, and Delete the Eagle Dynamics folder.

That's what I had to do when I upgraded my CPU a few weeks ago.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

EtheralN....thanks for the info.

I have tried that and the only account that I have associated the A-10 with is Steam as far as I know.

I have tried the unbinding thing with my current account and the A-10 never shows up there because I always get "incorrect serial no" when I try to log onto Multiplayer.

Any other thoughts or am I just screwed since I can get no response from Support.

I have tried the unbinding thing with my current account and the A-10 never shows up there because I always get "incorrect serial no" when I try to log onto Multiplayer.

Any other thoughts or am I just screwed since I can get no response from Support.

That's the point I'm making: IF you have, at any time, used the Steam version in multiplayer, the serial number would have become associated to whichever account you used then. This is not a Steam account, this is a Master Server account. If you get the incorrect serial number warning this means that at least one product you have has it's serial number associated to some account other than the one you are using. Since the A-10C does not show up when you check "myserials", this is almost absolute proof that the serial did at some point become associated to another account.

If you give me your ticket number I can take a look and escalate if necessary.

The reason I can say this with surety is that keys distributed outside of ED's own E-store are "open" with regards to multiplayer, and then become associated automatically once used to login to multiplayer. Thus, if it was not already associated to an account, it would have become associated to the one you are using now, and there would be no error message.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester