Really, Master Caution right off the bat ???

Tacyon

The sound of a klaxon is usually a bad thing to wake up to.

When I appear in my seat with a cold, dark cockpit, I -1) Battery ON. 2) Inverter STBY (aka ON?) 3) grimace with the arrival of the MASTER CAUTION klaxon!

Since the panel is showing low oil pressure on L&R turbines and this would be a normal condition at this point, is it also safe to assume that this is expected and I've not done anything out of sequence ? I should just press the "STFU" button ?

2nd totally unrelated question .... the thrustmaster HOTAS for the HOG.. is this currently still being made and is Guillemot really the manufacture (for thrustmaster) of the real mccoy thrustmaster?

its a lot of $$$.$$ but I recognize quality when I see it and I've flown PC sims since MSFS 1.05 and Amiga tech demos .. its about time I treat myself to a great HOTAS system !

$400.00 a good price ?

What version of the game are you running? That was a problem in 1.1.1.1 I believe, but it has been fixed a long time ago in DCS world. But yes, the standard procedure is to press the "STFU" button. Better to upgrade to world ;)

DCS: A10C Warthog JTAC coordinate entry training mission http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/99424/

DCS: Blackshark 2 interactive training missions http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=84612

Yeah in 1.1.1.1 the turbines would "windmill" in the breeze causing the low oil pressure master caution to go off. Warthog stick rules, but what really made the game come "alive" for me was the cougar MFD's on a second monitor, really gives the immersion.

Edited by Scarecrow

WH is the best, won't regret the purchase at all and yes Guillemot is the manufacturer of the thrustmaster products, also agree witht he comment about the cougar MFD's they are brilliant too :)

Best Regards

Nigel

AKA Rubberduck

My Dad- Always check for paper before sitting down....:music_whistling:

Win7 64bBit,Intel® Core i7x4-3820 (3.6GHz), ASUS® SABERTOOTH X79, INTEL CERTIFIED LIQUID COOLING

16GB DDR3 2400MHz, NVIDIA GeFORCE GTX 680 4GB, 240GB INTEL® 520 SERIES SSD, 2TB WD CAVIAR BLACK

BLU-RAY ROM DRIVE, CORSAIR 750W ENTHUSIAST SERIES, AeroCool Touch 2000 LCD Touch Screen 4 Fan Controller

Creative Sound Blaster® X-Fi™ Xtreme Audio, Hotas WH, Saitek Pro-Flight Pedals & Cougar MFD's

I own both and they are fantastic! Get the WH!

PC: Asus P8Z77-M Mainboard; Intel i5-3570K (4x3,4Ghz) mit Scythe Mugen 3 CPU Kühler; 16Gb Corsair XMS3 1600Mhz; Nvidia GTX570 1280mb; Samsung 830 SSD; Samsung HDD

Flight Sim Gear: TM Warthog; Saitek Pro Pedals; TM Cougars on an 19" screen; TrackIR 5 w/ trackclip pro; Logitech G35 headset

I'm looking forward to having the spare cash lying about for the warthog, although me and my trusty x52 are getting on just fine......same stick for 7 years and its all still hunky dorey :-)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Asus ROG Rampage Extreme VI; i9 7900X (all 10 cores at 4.5GHz); 32 Gb Corsair Dominator DDR4; EVGA 1080Ti Hybrid; 1Tb Samsung 960 Evo M2; 2Tb Samsung 850 Pro secondary.

Oculus Rift; TM Warthog; Saitek Combat Pros.

Why learn an incorrect procedure and establish a bad habit pattern?

Simply download the latest version, and the spurious Master Caution on power-up is fixed.

I believe I have the latest version and I still get this MC light at start up, what latest version are you talking about?

okay - update:

located 1 of 2 left and was told they're discontinued. Marked down (from 499) to 399 and discounted (for me !) down to 375 - BAM .. done. Dam these things are heavy !

2nd - some one please explain to me DCS world versus the standalone v1.1.1.1 that I have please.

It would appear at initial glance that A10C Warthog is a discontinued product (due to last update date being from awhile ago) from DCS as of v1.1.1.1 that was release awhile ago.

Buuutttt .. what I'm starting gather is that DCS had a moment of clarity causing a larger vision and came up with "DCS World" as a common sim code base with which numerous other smaller (code wise) "modules" could be plugged in to it. A10C bring one of those. Am I correct or close?

If so .. the current version of DCS World v1.2.2.7570 and what version of A10C should I be using ?

^ You are correct, DCS World is the sim base, and then you add modules on top of it, just went through the same procedure.

Download DCS World 1.2.2 and install and then download and install A-10 1.2.2. Once you start a mission it will ask for activation, use your 1.1.1.1 code to activate.

Download World from here http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/index.php?ProductId=21&end_pos=137&scr=product&lang=en

Then download the module for World here http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/index.php?scr=product&ProductId=8&end_pos=136&lang=en

Then as TheKhann stated, use your 1.1.1.1 serial number if it asks you for it once you start a mission. However, if you install world without removing 1.1.1.1 then it should auto detect your currect activation and avoid this altogether. You can safely remove 1.1.1.1 after you install world. It will not override the files or remove them. You could even leave both installed and switch between the two if you so desire.

Those files are the most update versions you need. Plus, DCS world has auto updater feature to always keep you up to date :)

DCS: A10C Warthog JTAC coordinate entry training mission http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/99424/

DCS: Blackshark 2 interactive training missions http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=84612

okay - update:

located 1 of 2 left and was told they're discontinued. Marked down (from 499) to 399 and discounted (for me !) down to 375 - BAM .. done. Dam these things are heavy !

Congratulations! I wish I had an extra 4 bills for one my self. My X52 is starting to get a bit tired...

2nd - some one please explain to me DCS world versus the standalone v1.1.1.1 that I have please.

It would appear at initial glance that A10C Warthog is a discontinued product (due to last update date being from awhile ago) from DCS as of v1.1.1.1 that was release awhile ago.

Buuutttt .. what I'm starting gather is that DCS had a moment of clarity causing a larger vision and came up with "DCS World" as a common sim code base with which numerous other smaller (code wise) "modules" could be plugged in to it. A10C bring one of those. Am I correct or close?

If so .. the current version of DCS World v1.2.2.7570 and what version of A10C should I be using ?

Look at it this way... When you download DCS World( ~5.13GB ), you are downloading ALL the current DCS products: CA, FC3, BS2, A-10 and P-51D.

When you purchase one of the products, or in your case already have one, you are "unlocking" the ability to use the FULL, working aircraft( or Tank/AAA ). You then, need only download the "module" for that product: in this case A-10C( ~331MB ). If you then decided to purchase, say P-51D( ~237MB ), you only need to download the smaller file sized module.

This way, all the wonderful DCS products can come together in ONE Multi-Player World( DCS World ). Now, if I own Flaming Cliffs 3 and you, obviously, A-10, and we jumped into a MP Server, I would be able to properly see your A/C and you mine.

Hope that helps! ;-)

Regards,

=170= Sven ☠ 2157

Windows 10 64 bit | Intel 7th Gen. i7-7700K | NZXT Kraken 41 Liquid CPU Cooler |  MSI Z270 M3 Gaming LGA 1151 | Cooler Master V1000 80+ Gold PSU | EVGA GTX 1070 | EVGA GTX 1060 (Dedicated Physx) | 32GB G.Skill TridentZ RGB PC4-19200 | 128GB Toshiba OCZ RD400 SSD NVMe M.2 (System Disk) | 2TB RAID 10 (4 x Seagate ST1000DX002 FireCuda SSHD) (Files Disk) |  64GB Intel Cache Disk (1280GB OCZ Agility 3 SSD RAID 0) | 48GB Page Disk (1280GB OCZ Agility 3 SSD RAID 0) | NZXT H440 Razer Edition Case | 1 x ViewSonic VG2439m-LED 24" [MAIN] (GTX 1070) | 2 x ViewSonic VG2436wm-LED 24" [LEFT/RIGHT] (GTX 1060)

Not really

When you buy one you get the module of the aircraft you buy which includes the pit, avionics and controls in the pit. That is a separate download.

World gives you the ability to see all of the aircraft and fly with and against them but not actually fly in the ultra sim version.

Asus Sabertooth P67 Motherboard 2600k CPU, 16 gig DDR3, 1600. Samsung 830, 256 gig hard drive,

GTX780 Video Card, Warthog Hotas, Razer Mamba mouse. Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals. Trackir 5, Verizon FIOS 25Meg Up/Down

Sven2157

"Now, if I own Flaming Cliffs 3 and you, obviously, A-10, and we jumped into a MP Server, I would be able to properly see your A/C and you mine."

well perhaps for approximately 13.7 seconds ... (flight time for my A-A) then all you'd see is the horizon spinning around at a high rate ! :lol: I kid, I kid ... whats a thread without a little smack talk, right. I'd probably last all of 13.7 seconds past take off with you in the air. :pilotfly:

Now where the heck is the auto program button on this new fangled HOTAS :D