After Black Shark is Released, then what!

1.2 bound to have a few bugs (though as it'll rest on 1.12 it'll have fewer for the existing planes - hopefuly), so I'd expect a patch or two, then - yes on to the next project.

As is the natural order of things...

Are you suggesting they never move on ?

Cheers.

I was just in EECH. I do not think there will be a need to be concerned about what is next for some time. Helo flying is gonna be one hell of a challenge. Flying the Ka-52 or 50 will not be /equivalent/ to flying the Su-25.

I feel very challenged in the EECH Ka-52 and look very forward ot the Ka-50.

I would guess that whatever comes after 1.2n will be an evolution of the code for 1.2n, with a central cast of aircraft & their weapons/weapons systems modelled to a higher standard than that of 1.2 and no legacy planes. Presumably after that there will be incremental updates/addons adding the Flanker/LO cast at the new fidelity level. ED has said it has improvements it intends to make to the Su27 & F15. The planes that are in LO have a good following so I guess there'll be money to be made upgrading them, so E.D.s likely to do it...

Cheers.

For me 1.2 won't offer much except for the technology that it will make possible for later development. Clickable pits with 6DOF support combined with AFM--if we can eventually get these things back-ported to the existing flyables and throw in a SEAD-capable NATO plane, dynamic campaign/dedicated server, much improved comms--then my friends we will have the ultimate dream-sim!!

ED has said it has improvements it intends to make to the Su27 & F15.

I hope they keep that promise because i will gladly pay for that!

Unfortunaly , ED still think and needs to do business. It connot relly on current custumer universe to hope selling the next product. it will alyways go for the larges market possible independently of who bough or not the previous product.

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

ED moves on to other projects, and Lock-on get's little or no support :(

.........im sorry but 3 posts into your community life and you start "trolling" ??

You a "Falcon Fanboi" ?

Have you noticed that they still have a Flanker support forum here ??

They will support their products as they have allways done, but they need to keep the wages rolling in and move away from the UBI legacy that is Lockon.

Please do some homework before posting these mindless questions.

Quote:

Originally Posted by SuperKungFu

Hopefully they will release the kit to allow us to add in our own planes and maintain realism.

. . . . . Apart from anything else, isn't that rather a contradiction in terms?

Not really...just hopefully no1 would create something stupid that's still classified like the F-22 or something. I'm saying allow the public to create new 3d models for the game that can be easily added into the game instead of ED adding it in for us. Because of that, it turned away some really talented people and their projects (like strikemax Su-27 model). And I'm not sure what ever happen to all these other projects http://fox3.idv.tw/snitz_forums3405/post.asp?method=ReplyQuote&REPLY_ID=70979&TOPIC_ID=7865&FORUM_ID=44

Even though it may not be a flyable, having a new look for each plane will also be nice.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

everybody is worried, that's all (i think)

Yeah i guess but i dont think there is any reason to be worried.

Put your faith in ED they are good guys making our dreams possible, you need to remember they are only a small group of guys working out of a Moscow office. Not 1000 strong design team in LA with billions of dollars.

They will stand by their games this is shown clearly by the Flanker forums.

Ive been around here since day1 and before .ru i lived on the UBI LO forums months before the release, ive put tons of my time and money into supporting this game and i now know from experience ED like to say one thing and do another :).

But not in a bad way but like this "we are only going to fix this" then "ok we fix this too...oh and this, hmmmm ok we add this too!" they move the goal posts all the time.

We were supposed to be doing 1.11 and moving straight on to 1.2 testing but ED moved the goal posts and said "lets do 1.12!", because they care about the community that cares about them.

So i wont be surprised at all if they do 1.2 then move the goal posts again and do 1.21....add AFM and better model for some of the other flyables. So when i see these "ED will just abandon LO like the others!" threads it winds me up like a fake Rolex.

ED have put their faith in me as a contact for info and as a beta tester, i repay that in my faith in them.

As my Grandma (RIP) allways said to me "You cant please everybody all the time......."

Guest EVIL-SCOTSMAN
True, but as they seem to consider Russia (their home audience) their biggest income source, so presumably they will maintain a similar ballance to the plane mix over time as they have with LO & FC

I fail to see why, as they charge lockon to them dirtcheap, and 35$ to us. i think the money if there is any to be made, comes from the west more than russia.

korean bodega.

Yeah - but the English speaking community has had this discussion before with E.D. & that's where they think their money is (& they should know - they've got the money in the bank), so their products will be tailored for the home market first, then the rest of the world second.

Korean Bodega - I can't remember who did that - Head Like a Hole? or fun loving criminals ?

Cheers.

hi,

This is why I think we should try to get Eagle to make the flying legends collection a subscription service since they are probably going to use the LO MAC code and if we paid up front they would have some money in the bank so they could update the code and add to it...if the list of flyable AC grows rather quickly and the system requirements stay some what stable then I think Eagle Dynamics will dominate the flight sim market.

.........im sorry but 3 posts into your community life and you start "trolling" ??

You a "Falcon Fanboi" ?

Have you noticed that they still have a Flanker support forum here ??

They will support their products as they have allways done, but they need to keep the wages rolling in and move away from the UBI legacy that is Lockon.

Please do some homework before posting these mindless questions.

hi,

This is why I think we should try to get Eagle to make the flying legends collection a subscription service since they are probably going to use the LO MAC code and if we paid up front they would have some money in the bank so they could update the code and add to it...if the list of flyable AC grows rather quickly and the system requirements stay some what stable then I think Eagle Dynamics will dominate the flight sim market.

They have money in the bank from their partnership with 1C:Games.

1C are the ones doing all the development funding at the moment . . . . in order to change that and move to a Western focus that 1C doesn't want to follow, ED would probably have to break their partnership with 1C.

Risky. Very, very risky.