Saitek X52 stutter problem.

NeF

Hi there,

I have a problem of stuttering with almost all my rotary wheels, slider, and even axis. Example: I've set my zoom (your own view zoom) to the rotary on your right tumb and it keeps stuttering (going back and forth at high intensity) and it's really annoying. I tried with slider too and it's worse. It shows in the control panel too. When untouched, the cursor moves slightly back and forth on a milimeter, and so with almost every axis. I know it's probably because my saitek is getting old and dusty but is there any work around ? Or should I try opening the joystick and vacuum clean it ?

Thanks for your help folks.

Have you tried setting a dead zone and curve on the axis.

=RvE=Atomic

Alienware Area-51, Intel Core2 Quad CPU Q9400 @ 3.2GHz, 8gig Corsair XMS2 DDR2 Ram, EVGA SC GTX 570, Western Digital 1.0TB 64mb cache HD. Windows 7 Ultimate 64, Saitek X52 & Saitek Pro Peddals, TrackIR 4 Pro with Track Clip Pro.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi, thanks for fast answer.

Actually, setting dead zone will only "remove" a part of the curve wich doesnt solves the problem, it occurs at any point of the curve. (Tell me if I'm not loud and clear here.)

I've already worked the curvature for pitch, yaw and roll to have better response yes. But the problem is mainly for my own view zoom (its the most disturbing), I have no track-IR.

Most of my axes are uselessly jittery, so I just use the bands feature in the profiler to put controls on them.

For example, I put zoom in/out on the wheel/button right near my thumb on the throttle.

It's setup so 0-20% is zoom out, 21-79% does nothing, and 80-100% zooms in. Then the clutch button can reset the zoom to regular. Using it this way seems pretty natural to me, and beats the constant jitters from the pot alone.

• Like 1

i5-4670K@4.5GHz / 16 GB RAM / SSD / GTX1080

Rift CV1 / G-seat / modded FFB HOTAS

It is an issue with the X52, I have one myself and know exactly what you mean.

Some things that can help is vigorously moving the slider/rotary back and fourth a lot of times before using it. Do this with the Saitek control panel open so you can see the Axis moving. it only last for a while though.

You can also still use Zoom on these rotaries and Sliders by using a work around method involving setting up "bands" in the profile software.

EG:- if you wanted to have Zoom in and out on the Precision Slider:

Zoom in is: Numpad /

Zoom out is: Numpad *

Go into the profiler and set the Slider to "Bands"

Now split the bands in to 3 sections 0%-30%, 30%-70%, 70%-100%

Assign 0%-30% to the / key

Leave 30%-70% Empty (this is the position where you will leave the slider most of the time)

Assign 70%-100% to the * key

Now with the slider in the center position, your view will remain static.

With the slider in the forward position you will zoom in.

With the slider in the back position you will zoom out.

I know it's not exactly as nice as having a fully analogue Zoom on the Slider or Rotary etc, but I have found it to be the best compromise.

It sucks that £100+ stick should do this. I guess it is just shoddy electronics in the X52. Maybe spraying some (plastic safe)Contact Cleaner into the "pots" might work, not if they are optical sensors though, I guess. I believe even the X52 pro model suffers from similar problems.

Edited by BTTW-DratsaB
  • Like 1

Specs: GA-Z87X-UD3H, i7-4770k, 16GB, RTX2060, SB AE-5, 750watt Corsair PSU, X52, Track IR4, Win10x64.

Sim Settings: Textures: ? | Scenes: ? |Water: ? | Visibility Range: ? | Heat Blur: ? | Shadows: ? | Res: 1680x1050 | Aspect: 16:10 | Monitors: 1 Screen | MSAA: ? | Tree Visibility: ? | Vsync: On | Mirrors: ? | Civ Traffic: High | Res Of Cockpit Disp: 512 | Clutter: ? | Fullscreen: On

Thanks for your replies folks, the bands idea is a good one. Will try it out.

Indeed saitek internals are quite shitty. First my joy RZ failed (rudder axis) doing what I described, not on 1 milimeter but the whole sensor went completely nuts. After some resarch it seems that many ppl had that issue and that the mechanism for joy RZ is particulary badly done so it breaks after some time. And so what you do ? You buy saitek's pedals...:doh:

It's related to some hardware or software conflict. Had my x52 working perfect on my rig, when my friend took it to test before buy - all same problems like yours occurred. However his other saitek stuff (yoke and rudder) were working perfect. Sold it to my other friend - no problems at all.

Excellent workaround. thanks again.

No problem, I got the idea from some other clever person on here who's name I can't remember. Probably SFJackbauer.

And so what you do ? You buy saitek's pedals...doh.gif
heh heh :D

Specs: GA-Z87X-UD3H, i7-4770k, 16GB, RTX2060, SB AE-5, 750watt Corsair PSU, X52, Track IR4, Win10x64.

Sim Settings: Textures: ? | Scenes: ? |Water: ? | Visibility Range: ? | Heat Blur: ? | Shadows: ? | Res: 1680x1050 | Aspect: 16:10 | Monitors: 1 Screen | MSAA: ? | Tree Visibility: ? | Vsync: On | Mirrors: ? | Civ Traffic: High | Res Of Cockpit Disp: 512 | Clutter: ? | Fullscreen: On

For some reason Saiteks rotaries have an issue when trying to use it to zoom.

In the control panel mine start jitter unless I have it just right.

I have both the x52 pro and the x65 and both jitter at a certain point when I zoom in to a certain point , a little more in or out and it goes away ,a little more in or out and it comes back . Strange behavior.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] CPIAS FOR Saitek:

Saitek Flight instrument panels and X-52 pro mfd scripts for Dcs

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=94174

• 5 years later...
Any suggestions, I've got an X-56 here and I've got the same issues.
Many have said that caused by lack of power from usb.Try using usb hub with external power if you have not done that already. I'm using Anker usb hub and it reduced jittering quite a bit.

Good luck

Mastering others is strength. Mastering yourself is true power. - Lao Tze