new bee for logitech G940 question

I am new at this site and have a few questions

I started with DCS and I have the g940

went to controls in the game and assigned the throttles and stick

however i want assign the buttons on the throttles of 940 too but they do not react what do i wrong. Lets take an example

i want the left upper button to move back the cockpit but it dont react on it or do i have to appoint it in the profiler logitech itself and how do i do that because in fsx it comes up with a list to assign but i dont see such a listin dcs.

the minus and plus keyboard does it but thats not enough , the cockpit

is still to much forward and too big.

Welcome to the Farm, Are you trying to assign your cockpit zoom to a switch on your throttle?If so you can find it under both the axes control and in the All(under what ever aircraft) at the very bottom of your command list.just make sure you are in the throttle and not the joystick (top of slide bar)..hope that helps..and i would stay away from the profiler ...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] SMOKE'M:smoke: IF YA GOT'M!:gun_rifle:

H2o Cooler I7 9700k GA 390x MB Win 10 pro

Evga RTX 2070 8Gig DD5

32 Gig Corsair Vengence, 2T SSD.

TM.Warthog:joystick: :punk:, CV-1:matrix:,3x23" monitors, Tm MFD's, Saitek pro rudders wrapped up in 2 sheets of plywood:megalol:

the problem is I dont know to fill in the right controls and to bring back the cockpit

it is to big and not well spread over the sceen

i have one screen but in reality 3 screens total 5880x1080 including bezel

so in general

i have not the right control setting and the cockpit is to big

with / and * or -and+ doesnot work properly

Not sure if I understand the question.. But I will give it a trie. Also, and referal to settings in the profiler is loosely translated to english since the profiler is in my native language.

For the logitech profiler I have chosen the DCS.exe file as profile program. In Global profile settings I have checked "use permanent profile".

I found that swapping between modes 1 - 3 can be a bit conflicting. Instead I use mode 1 and a shift key.

All the keys in default setting are cleared, si it says S1 S2 S3 and P1 P2 etc etc.

P1 is the upper left button.

In the shift settings I have typed in key letters.

Regarding axes, make sure that in the throttle menu the axis say Left throttle control and right throttle control.

Now, in game.

Find out where that zoom thingy in the keybinds list are. Now, where you can push in keybinds you should see 4 lists.

maybe not in this order, but they should all be there...

1 for keyboard

2 for rudder

3 for throttle

4 for joystick

Click on the square in the throttle line and press T1.

It should be up and running now...

I spent many days trying to perfect the g940, and it has been many ups and downs. Mostly cause of me, the user dont have enough brain power. But Im getting there. Just hang tight, you will to.

And when it does, its an awesome stick.

Hi taproot, thanks for trying to help me out

i see no s1 etc only t1 and p1 etc.

what do you mean with( In the shift settings I have typed in key letters)

and in the game under controls and throttles I clicked in camara cockpit move back the P1 but it comes up with rcontr?

looking forward to your answer

duke

Yo again

It seems that your keys have to be restored. So make sure you have DCS.exe selected as profile.

Left click on all lines and click "restore to default".

It should end up looking like this:

struks1.jpg

When you are in the In Game options double click on the square in the throttle coloumn for the button you want to have P1 keybinded to. In game it will be named JOYBTN5

struks2.jpg

The shift key is a feature in the profiler. Basically you can choose any key to be SHIFT key. Just left click on the key you want to be shift and you will see "Assign to SHIFT" or something like that..

Here is mine:

struks3.jpg

Yes i have it all, including in game press P1 and the one comes up JOY_BTN5

but i does nothing

probebly it has to do what another gamer mentioned to me that is

the SU25T is a free aircraft without 6DOF or something like that

i dont know what it means but obviously the shortness of moving the cockpit

whats your thoughts?

cockpit camara move up move down move left and move right

Do I understand? Dpad on joystick does that. Im getting track IR5 , with the new Doh6 , its even more worth it.

Looking at the posts here in this thread, you might be going into the complex before you know the basic. You might want to start over...

read this

Install new firmware1.42 that tightened it up alot.

http://forums.logitech.com/t5/PC-Gam...le/td-p/542496

There are adjustment in the the thing to help with the slop now and before the last firmware update.

TRY THIS

No more slop for me g940 hotas

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.ph...highlight=g940

G940 A guide

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=45695

The following was posted here before the Dec 2010 Firmware update

G940 firmware 1.42 is now available

Options 12-21-2010 04:04 PM

ok, 6 hours of experiments, the result:

a very strange looking setup, but working extremely well. check the ingame cockpit stick responding 1:1 to your input.

Logitech Profiler settings

Stick:

X and Y Axis Properties

Sensitivity 0%

Dead Zone 0%

Range 30% !!!

Specific Game Settings

Overall Effects Strength 100%

Spring Effects Strength 50%

Damper Effects Strength 50%

Centering Spring 0% unchecked

don't forget to unplug and replug the usb connection of the G940, to make shure the new settings are applied.

DCS Black Shark

Axis Tune Panel

Deadzone 0

Saturation y and X 100

Curvature -100 !!!

Force Feedback Tune Panel

Trimmer Force 100

Shake 0

before starting to fly, quickly unpause and pause the game, then move all inputs (throttle, pedals, stick) to the maximum and minimum to make shure BS gets the calibration of all the inputs.

Alec Delorean is offline Add to Alec Delorean's

Hey thats a really nice setting. I like that one even better. I had to turn down the overall effects strength to 75 because it was a little too stiff for me at 100 but every thing else is real nice. Good job on that find.

Rep up +1.

Edited by emenance

Asus P8Z68-V GEN3/ 2500k 4.4ghz / Corsair 64gb SSD Cache / Corsair 8g 1600 ddr3 / 2 x 320gb RE3 Raid 0 /Corsair 950w/ Zotac 560TI AMP 1gb / Zalman GS1200 case /G940/