Updating advice

Pigwiggen

So far I have installed DCS World and its update and BS 1 and its update. Wishing to go on to BS2 which download do I need to buy and what are the patches I should add after that?

Thanks, folks.

Win7 Pro 64 bit SP1

AMD Atlon 64x2 5000+

8 GB DDR2

M2N-ESLI

2048 GB ATI AMD Radeon R9 200

335 GB Corsair Force GS ATA device (SSD)

Saitek X52 Pro

Track IR 5

So far I have installed DCS World and its update and BS 1 and its update. Wishing to go on to BS2 which download do I need to buy and what are the patches I should add after that?

As you already have BS1, you could buy the BS2 upgrade.

Be aware that whenever you activate this upgrade on a new computer (or after a major hardware upgrade), you will have to first install and activate BS1.

If you have the cash to spare, it's easier to just buy the BS2 full version.

Depending on whether you buy the upgrade or the full version, get the corresponding module from the download page, and that should be it. The DCS World Auto-updater should take care of all further updates from there on.

Regarding BS1, you can keep and fly it independently of DCS World, or if you don't need it anymore, you could uninstall it.

My advice: Buy the Full BS2, do not download or install it. just download the small module for it that plugs into DCS World. Then you can uninstall BS1. If you buy the BS1->BS2 Upgrade it can be a hassle later on as posted above.

It's a huge saving on HD space since DCSW is the base for all modules now. You don't need multiple installs of 90% the same material just to play online either.

If your running a terrabyte HD and not an SSD and space doesn't matter , do what you will but it is a huge timesink to reconfigure controls for 3 or 4 ED products...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

System Specs

Intel I7-3930K, Asrock EXTREME9, EVGA TITAN, Mushkin Chronos SSD, 16GB G.SKILL Ripjaws Z series 2133, TM Warthog and MFD's, Saitek Proflight Combat pedals, TrackIR 5 + TrackClip PRO, Windows 7 x64, 3-Asus VS2248H-P monitors, Thermaltake Level 10 GT, Obutto cockpit

• 3 weeks later...

So

If you have BS1 and BS2 upgrade and you want to get BS into DCS world......now is a safe time to do so ?

If so... I understand that I should install BS 1 and run the upgrade from there? Not sure what the upgrade path should be ?

First install BS1 and activate

Then install BS 2 Upgrade and activate

Then let DCS World upgrade as needed.

Is that right ? !!

Asus P8Z68-V GEN3/ 2500k 4.4ghz / Corsair 64gb SSD Cache / Corsair 8g 1600 ddr3 / 2 x 320gb RE3 Raid 0 /Corsair 950w/ Zotac 560TI AMP 1gb / Zalman GS1200 case /G940/

HAHAHaa

I just uninstalled BS and reloaded 1 then BS2 upgrade no problem but have to reconfig the stick ARGGG. But its registered in DCS now.

Asus P8Z68-V GEN3/ 2500k 4.4ghz / Corsair 64gb SSD Cache / Corsair 8g 1600 ddr3 / 2 x 320gb RE3 Raid 0 /Corsair 950w/ Zotac 560TI AMP 1gb / Zalman GS1200 case /G940/