Lock on Gold to Lock on Flaming cliffs 2

Have not played the game for a long time. Now with new Alienware PC I have tried reinstalling Lock On Gold which has 2 disks. Disk 1 plays fine which I think is just the original LOMAC(Version 1.1), but disk 2(FC) has a starforce protection, and crashes my computer which is running Win 7 64 bit.

For playing both LO 2 and 3 it says i must have the original LOMAC. If I buy LO FC 2 will it recognise the Disk 1 from LO Gold, or do I have to buy LOMAC again? Why on earth do they not combine the original LOMAC with the new FC's?

Edited by tonyuk

If I buy LO FC 2 will it recognise the Disk 1 from LO Gold...

Yes, disc 1 is sufficient for installation purposes. I would however strongly advise that you purchase FC3 as opposed to FC2.

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

Yes. Fc3 is still in beta. But you save 10.00 getting it in beta vs the final release.

=RvE=Atomic

Alienware Area-51, Intel Core2 Quad CPU Q9400 @ 3.2GHz, 8gig Corsair XMS2 DDR2 Ram, EVGA SC GTX 570, Western Digital 1.0TB 64mb cache HD. Windows 7 Ultimate 64, Saitek X52 & Saitek Pro Peddals, TrackIR 4 Pro with Track Clip Pro.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reason for not combining btw: Ubisoft owns LOMAC, and FC is an expansion to LOMAC (legally speaking); thus the LOMAC requirement.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

Before I decide, Usually I prefer WWII planes, or A10 Warthog. With the A10 I get confused with the navigation so I did not play that much. There are other DCS planes like P51, A10 etc but just one plane. Is Lock On 3 the better buy as it has at least 6 planes?

Hey Tony,

I had a similar issue here. I'm on Win8 64 bit and have Lock On Gold. I could play the original LOMAC but could not run FC1. Problem is that when we bought Lock On Gold we didn't know FC1 needed a key. I uninstalled everything and started over. I downloaded DCS World (Free w/one jet), installed LOMAC again (required for FC3), and then purchased and downloaded FC3. It all runs great.

I'm not sure if LOMAC is required for the other modules you can purchase like the P51,etc... You do get an A-10 plane with FC3. There's also an A-10 module you can buy. I like FC3 since it has all the modern fighter jets I like. You can read about the individual modules on the main website to find out which one(s) you might like.

Steve (Slick)

ThrustMaster T.Flight Hotas X | TrackIR5 Pro | EVGA GTX 1070 | Win10 64-bit Professional | Dell Precision 7920 Workstation | 1 TB SSD | 128 GB Memory | Dual Intel Xeon Platinum 2.0 GHz 16 Core Processors (64 Total w/HT ON) | 24" Dell Monitor

Hey Tony,

I had a similar issue here. I'm on Win8 64 bit and have Lock On Gold. I could play the original LOMAC but could not run FC1. Problem is that when we bought Lock On Gold we didn't know FC1 needed a key. I uninstalled everything and started over. I downloaded DCS World (Free w/one jet), installed LOMAC again (required for FC3), and then purchased and downloaded FC3. It all runs great.

I'm not sure if LOMAC is required for the other modules you can purchase like the P51,etc... You do get an A-10 plane with FC3. There's also an A-10 module you can buy. I like FC3 since it has all the modern fighter jets I like. You can read about the individual modules on the main website to find out which one(s) you might like.

Hi sslechta

I am inclined towards FC 3 as well. Now if only I could get my Saitek X52 Pro

working with this? Maybe there is a profile somehere. Also I have a preference for ground attack aircraft but not essential. Same here I uninstalled all Lock On Gold and just reinstalled disk 1. Thanks.

Now if only I could get my Saitek X52 Pro

working with this? Maybe there is a profile somehere.

You could search the forums for that stick name... lot's of info.

For me, once I loaded DCS World and FC3, I went into Options in the DCS menu and then controls. The game had automatically mapped most of my functions on the Hotas X. I just tweaked some of the buttons to my liking.

Also, from reading here and trying to get a controller running before my flight stick, I've found that it's better not to install the controller/stick software. Just let the system figure out through USB.

Steve (Slick)

ThrustMaster T.Flight Hotas X | TrackIR5 Pro | EVGA GTX 1070 | Win10 64-bit Professional | Dell Precision 7920 Workstation | 1 TB SSD | 128 GB Memory | Dual Intel Xeon Platinum 2.0 GHz 16 Core Processors (64 Total w/HT ON) | 24" Dell Monitor

You could search the forums for that stick name... lot's of info.

For me, once I loaded DCS World and FC3, I went into Options in the DCS menu and then controls. The game had automatically mapped most of my functions on the Hotas X. I just tweaked some of the buttons to my liking.

Also, from reading here and trying to get a controller running before my flight stick, I've found that it's better not to install the controller/stick software. Just let the system figure out through USB.

Strange, some of my keyboard keys do not work, same with Joystick, but as you say I hope these will work when I buy FC3. Probably because LO Gold is old and totally compatible with latest hardware, not sure. I assume there are 4 modules in DCS World to download, takes ages. Do I need all 4 or should I install FC3 first?

On that DCS World download page you have to download all 4 of those files. For me, I just started the download before bedtime and let it go overnight.

You want those downloaded and installed before FC3. Make sure you have DCS World working fine before you purchase and download FC3.

The user interface is 100x better in DCS World from the original LOMAC. You'll never look at LOMAC again... ;)

Steve (Slick)

DCS World

On that DCS World download page you have to download all 4 of those files. For me, I just started the download before bedtime and let it go overnight.

You want those downloaded and installed before FC3. Make sure you have DCS World working fine before you purchase and download FC3.

The user interface is 100x better in DCS World from the original LOMAC. You'll never look at LOMAC again... ;)

Ok will do.

Thanks sslechta for all your help.

No problem.... Noobs helping noobs. That's what it's all about. :)

Steve (Slick)

Reason for not combining btw: Ubisoft owns LOMAC, and FC is an expansion to LOMAC (legally speaking); thus the LOMAC requirement.

This is clear and known to all of us. What I do *not* understand is:

Why it is not enough to insert original LOMAC CD into cd/dvd-drive as a proof that I own LOMAC-license? Why do we have to install LOMAC, then FC (1.x/2.x/3.x) and then uninstall LOMAC? I see at least 2 negative points:

1. LOMAC installation takes quite long time (even longer than DCS:W+DCS:FC3)! cd/dvd-drives are terribly slow compared to disks (or even SSD).

2. LOMAC does not un-install itself cleanly! It leaves behind a lot of files (decompressed sound files of wtf), some registry entries, etc.

And most of all: it simply does not make sense. If I want to install FC2/FC3, I probably do not want to play pre-historic LOMAC...

• 2 weeks later...
This is clear and known to all of us. What I do *not* understand is:

Why it is not enough to insert original LOMAC CD into cd/dvd-drive as a proof that I own LOMAC-license?

Because the contract with Ubisoft says you have to.

Why do we have to install LOMAC, then FC (1.x/2.x/3.x) and then uninstall LOMAC?

That is your choice to do whatever you want at that point.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Rhinox-I agree completely, or include LOMAC in with the new modules, who wants to pay for this separately, and then LOMAC does not work with Win 7

in any case as I have discovered.

Its quite a chore but lomac can work in windows 7 its just a matter of going through the steps of updating the starforce drivers. I'm not sure of the details of the contract or of they could include it or not. Ultimately the complaints would be the same. Would it help sales? I know lomac is only available for download from the ubi shop in the us. Which may be true if other retailers carry it. With the contract with ubi I'm guessing it would be more trouble than its worth for ed.

Pacotito

I7-5820k@4.5 Z99 extreme4 16gb ddr4

520gb ssd. Gigabyte ssc GTX960 SSC 4gb

Its quite a chore but lomac can work in windows 7 its just a matter of going through the steps of updating the starforce drivers.....

LOMAC does not have any starforce drivers or any DRM whatsoever.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

maybe it was flaming cliffs that gave me all the headaches with windows 7. Its been a while I just remembered having to do a laundry list of steps to get lomac gold to work.

As for the other part of his question. Would it be possible for ed to package lomac with fc3? Does the contract prevent this?

Pacotito

As for the other part of his question. Would it be possible for ed to package lomac with fc3? Does the contract prevent this?

At this point in time, there is nothing to package with LOMAC.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

The CD is for sale for $9 directly from the ED shop - http://lockon.co.uk/index.php?end_pos=1322&scr=shop

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

yeah I know it's available as a cd. Would it be possible for ed to package it with fc3 as a download? That's the question that was asked. For those that don't have lomac.

Pacotito

http://www.star-force.com/support/drivers/

Theres a fix for starforce win 7 64bit. Then run lomac disk 2 for win7 64bit

Install new driver then update your lomac gold to

1.12b

" any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "  W Forbes

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts,"  Winston Churchill

" He who never changes his mind, never changes anything," 

MSI z690MPG DDR4 || i914900k|| ddr4-64gb PC3200 || MSI RTX 4070Ti|Game1300w|Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 5.1|| ViRpiL,T50cm2|| MFG Crosswinds|| VT50CM-plus rotor Throttle || G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseLogitech || PiMax Crystal VR || 32 Samsung||

Thanks Mastiff! Didn't know that.

Steve (Slick)