Lock on Gold to Lock on Flaming cliffs 2

FC3 is an aircraft addon for DCS World.

DCS World is the engine FC3 needs, theres no going around it. DCS world is devided into 4 files, because it would create 1 large file otherwise.

It's somewhat like RAR or ZIP where you split large packed files so it fits certain media or to battle file corruption.

Perhaps it's also done for the people that have bandwidthlimits and can spread the download over a couple of days or weeks so they can still send an email at the end of the day.

I'm using an X52 and i'm certain that you DO want to use the software that comes with it so you can use the 'banks' that come with the stick. DCS doesn't do that for you.

Let the stick axis be controlled by DCS and use the keyboard config in DCS to program your X52 software in layers. Delete all other preconfigured X52 entry's in DCS exept those controll axis like X, Y, rudder and 'trottle both'.

The standard assigned keys in DCS for your X52 stick won't do what you want it to do and are often in the wrong position. DCS recognises your stick, but doesn't fully pre-configure a X52. When it does on the HOTAS then concider yourself lucky.

The entire LOMAC .iso is at most an 800mb download. The FC3 module is 150 some odd mb in file size. In contrast, BS1 is a 2.2gb download. There is no reason why you cant bundle LOMAC with FC3 via a download.

Except, possibly, the terms of ED's contract with Ubisoft which we are not privy to.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Lomac is now on the gamefly unlimited PC play. My system is down till the weekend so I haven't been able to test if fc3 will install with the free gamefly version.

Pacotito

I7-5820k@4.5 Z99 extreme4 16gb ddr4

520gb ssd. Gigabyte ssc GTX960 SSC 4gb

The entire LOMAC .iso is at most an 800mb download. The FC3 module is 150 some odd mb in file size. In contrast, BS1 is a 2.2gb download. There is no reason why you cant bundle LOMAC with FC3 via a download.

ED would do this if it was possible under existing contractual term.

Ubisoft owns LOMAC. It's up to them where and how it gets sold.

Flaming Cliffs is, legally, an expansion to LOMAC. Thus LOMAC is required.

I do not know exactly where the problem is (I am not privy to those documents), but you can rest assured that since this requirements is probably damaging to sales of FC products ED would do whatever it can to either get rid of the requirement or otherwise facilitate the issue.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

• 4 weeks later...

Guys, I have Lock-on Gold (LOG) and DCS (plus P51D). Just to be clear can I get answers to the following:

1. I believe I have to install DCS (done) and then LOG disc 1 (done) before I can use FC3 (which I haven't bought yet). Yes?

2. I cannot see any LOG content (A10) in DCS. Is this correct?

3. Ref 2, is there a way I can get to LOG A10 from DCS?

4. LOG is a 32bit app in Program Files (x86). Is that where FC3 will go?

5. Do I need to buy anything more than FC3 to be able to use FC3 with DCS?

5. Will DCS automatically see and use FC3 aircraft or do I have to do some kind of integration of the two (DCS and FC3)?

6. Will I need to keep the LOG disc in the DVD drive while using FC3 aircraft in DCS?

7. Can I uninstall LOG and leave only FC3 installed for it to work with DCS?

8. I like to fly in the DCS servers. Would I fly FC3 aircraft on-line through DCS or would I need to run FC3 instead?

9. If answer to 8 is 'you will need to run FC3' will I see the same DCS servers as I see in DCS?

klem

56 RAF 'Firebirds'

ASUS ROG Strix Z390-F mobo, i7 8086A @ 5.0 GHz with Corsair H115i watercooling, Gigabyte 2080Ti GAMING OC 11Gb GPU , 32Gb DDR4 RAM, 500Gb and 256Gb SSD SATA III 6Gb/s + 2TB , Pimax 8k Plus VR, TM Warthog Throttle, TM F18 Grip on Virpil WarBRD base, Windows 10 Home 64bit

Hi Klem, I came on in a similar situation as you.... I have Lock-On Gold. Here's the best I can answer.

1) That is correct. Same order I did.

2) & 3) I didn't try to retrieve any content from the old game. I would think that you could pull up .MIZ files without issue in DCS.

4) No. When you install FC3, the installer should detect DCS and install it in that folder.

5) No. You can actually download and install FC3 before purchase but you will need to have a license key to play it.

5) Yes. FC3 will be integrated into DCS, you'll notice right away once you've entered the key.

6) No, disc not necessary, just the install you already have for LOG.

7) I still have LOG installed, it may be possible to uninstall but I don't want to chance corruption.

8. No issue here. You launch DCS, FC3 is integrated.

9) Keep in mind, FC3 works as a plugin/module so-to-speak for DCS. There's no need to ever run FC3 as a separate thing.

Before you purchase, make sure you have a user account created on digitalcombatsimulator.com. It's a separate login from this forum. That login is also used when you play DCS Multiplayer. When your purchase is complete, your key should be saved in your user profile.

Any more questions, please let us know.

Edited by sslechta
Typo

Steve (Slick)

ThrustMaster T.Flight Hotas X | TrackIR5 Pro | EVGA GTX 1070 | Win10 64-bit Professional | Dell Precision 7920 Workstation | 1 TB SSD | 128 GB Memory | Dual Intel Xeon Platinum 2.0 GHz 16 Core Processors (64 Total w/HT ON) | 24" Dell Monitor

Hi Klem, I came on in a similar situation as you.... I have Lock-On Gold. Here's the best I can answer.

1) That is correct. Same order I did.

2) & 3) I didn't try to retrieve any content from the old game. I would think that you could pull up .MIZ files without issue in DCS.

4) No. When you install FC3, the installer should detect DCS and install it in that folder.

5) No. You can actually download and install FC3 before purchase but you will need to have a license key to play it.

5) Yes. FC3 will be integrated into DCS, you'll notice right away once you've entered the key.

6) No, disc not necessary, just the install you already have for LOG.

7) I still have LOG installed, it may be possible to uninstall but I don't want to chance corruption.

8) No issue here. You launch DCS, FC3 is integrated.

9) Keep in mind, FC3 works as a plugin/module so-to-speak for DCS. There's no need to ever run FC3 as a separate thing.

Before you purchase, make sure you have a user account created on digitalcombatsimulator.com. It's a separate login from this forum. That login is also used when you play DCS Multiplayer. When your purchase is complete, your key should be saved in your user profile.

Any more questions, please let us know.

Many thanks Steve, a nice clear reply :)

Its what I would have expected but you know how things sometimes go.

I have an account, I bought DCS and the P51D. Now, I wonder what the chances are of an FC3 discount sale like ED just ran on the DCS planes (ahem, just two weeks after I paid the full price for the P51D!). I downloaded and nearly bought the discounted A-10C when I fell over the FC3 stuff and remembered I had LO. What I was really looking for was a combat jet in DCS with a HUD with English symbology :) I had seen F15s flying around DCS on line and I had wondered how they did that. Now I know. I'm really a propeller head but I liked the F-16 in Falcon4 and the F15 seems to be the next best thing.

OK, so next month I'll get FC3.

Thanks again Steve.

EDIT: The LO joystick settings were a not working with my X52-Pro because buttons 32/33 kept hogging any X52 button assignments I tried to make. Would you know if that is the case in FC3? DCS is ok.

Edited by klem

klem

56 RAF 'Firebirds'

ASUS ROG Strix Z390-F mobo, i7 8086A @ 5.0 GHz with Corsair H115i watercooling, Gigabyte 2080Ti GAMING OC 11Gb GPU , 32Gb DDR4 RAM, 500Gb and 256Gb SSD SATA III 6Gb/s + 2TB , Pimax 8k Plus VR, TM Warthog Throttle, TM F18 Grip on Virpil WarBRD base, Windows 10 Home 64bit

No problem. Glad I could help. F-15 is what I fly 99% of the time. I like it fast..... :)

P.S. - FC3 also includes an A10.

Edited by sslechta
Added P.S.
  • Like 1

Steve (Slick)

ThrustMaster T.Flight Hotas X | TrackIR5 Pro | EVGA GTX 1070 | Win10 64-bit Professional | Dell Precision 7920 Workstation | 1 TB SSD | 128 GB Memory | Dual Intel Xeon Platinum 2.0 GHz 16 Core Processors (64 Total w/HT ON) | 24" Dell Monitor