Can't Activate Modules

Baker12

I can't activate my modules in DCS World I have serial numbers and so on and so forth but no Activation screen comes up. I tried force opening the Activation screen like it said on the instructions by hold shift and launching multiplayer but with no joy. Tried running as administrator nothing please help.

I have same issue.

If I understand your issue, it is the same as my own.

Though I purchased all Modules several years ago (i.e. Purchased DCS BS 1 and BS 2 Upgrade, A10 when available and P 51 when available), I have not flown any other than BS 1.

Now with new computer: Installed World, then Each Module with Update Patches and Activated Each Module.

I have Desktop Icons for Each Module and all are Activated.

However, when in DCS World, ALL Modules show as Not Yet Purchased.

HOW do we get them to show in DCS World as Already Purchased and ready to go ?

SnowTiger:joystick:

Now with new computer: Installed World, then Each Module with Update Patches and Activated Each Module.

Update patches? There are no update patches to install.

I think that you (and with you a lot of others) are still confused on how to install DCS World and it's modules.

Old, stand alone, products like the old Black Shark, A-10C and Lockon don't install into DCS World.

You have to download the new DCS compatible modules separatley, install them into DCS World after DCS World is installed and then you can activate them with the license key you got when you purchased the original stand alone products (if you still have activations left).

Modules to be found here: Link

(You don't have to buy these again, just download them)

Win11 Pro 64-bit, Ryzen 5800X3D, Corsair H115i, Gigabyte X570S UD, EVGA 3080Ti XC3 Ultra 12GB, 64 GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600. Monitors: LG 27GL850-B27 2560x1440 + Samsung SyncMaster 2443 1920x1200, HOTAS: Warthog with Virpil WarBRD base, MFG Crosswind combat pedals, TrackIR4, Rift-S.

Personal Wish List: A6 Intruder, Vietnam theater, decent ATC module, better VR performance!

^ This

I recently bought BS2 and A-10C from a 3rd party store but didn't use their installers. Instead, i just installed the appropriate DCS World module from the link Lange posted and used the key provided with the games i bought.

i5 4590 @ 3.77GHz | GTX 1060 6GB | 16GB 1600MHz DDR3 | 1TB HDD+500GB HDD | Win10 Home X64

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Root/Program Files/Eagle Dynamics/DCS Install Folder/Mods/Aircrafts/<module name>/bin/.

Right Click on Protect.exe run as admin, choose activate, enter serial, follow on screen prompts.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

If I understand your issue, it is the same as my own.

Though I purchased all Modules several years ago (i.e. Purchased DCS BS 1 and BS 2 Upgrade, A10 when available and P 51 when available), I have not flown any other than BS 1.

I have Desktop Icons for Each Module and all are Activated.

However, when in DCS World, ALL Modules show as Not Yet Purchased.

HOW do we get them to show in DCS World as Already Purchased and ready to go ?

DCS World Modules do not have their own Desktop ICONS, They are integrated to DCSW.

If you have Desktop Icons, then you are Running DCS: A-10C v1.1.1.1, DCS: Blackshark v1.1.1.1 (or 1.02), which are both Stand Alone.

You need to download the Modules you own from here:

http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/index.php?end_pos=136&scr=products&lang=en

and activate them.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

I seem to have figured it out.

Thanks for the replies.

It turns out (as was suggested), that I installed the Modules using the OLD Installers and Patches that I already had downloaded a long time ago.

What I didn't realize is that there are completely new/unique Installer Downloads that Install directly to DCS World's Program Files Folders.

After installing those, I now see my modules as having been purchased.

Each is shown with the Exact Same Version Number in DCS World (i.e. 1.2.2.2 I think it was ?).

I just hope that I don't have to register them all AGAIN, even though I do have several installs left for each. However, I am already down to only 4 more for BS 1 (if I have to do it again now, it will only be 3 more left). Hopefully, it won't matter for several years anyway.

I cannot wait to get flying.

I have so much ahead of me to learn it is frightening.

Starting with TrackIR Track Clip Pro and Saitek HOTAS and Pedals !!

And who knows how long for each Sim ?!!!!

I can only hope I can hook up on voice with some patient tutors !!

BTW *separate question* ... Does anyone use a 3rd party Voiceware OR only In Game Voice ?

Hello again SkateZilla

Thanks again for the reply.

I agree that the BS 1 Keys won't work. I had that Key for BS 1 because I purchased the BS 2 "Upgrade" rather than the full out program.

So while I don't know that it was at all necessary (especially since the installers I had and used are/were out-of-date), I do in fact have the Serial Key for BS 2 (which I applied last night with the old installers ... and probably have to use again with the new installation .. one less remaining !!!!

Thanks again.

PS> Are you available for any Training and/or Setup Help ? RE: Saitek X-52 Hotas Saitek Pro Rudders AND/OR IR5 / Track Clip Pro settings AND/OR preferably BS 2 to start AND/OR any other Modules (i.e. P51, A10, DCS World ... etc) ?

I can use all the help I can get because after 4 years of no use, I am more than just a bit apprehensive.

Here's a Question: Should I use Saitek Software to Program my Stick/Throttle and Rudder Pedals OR should I only use DCS World (or in each Module from within World) ??

PS> Sorry if this amounts to Hijacking the Original Post/Question/Thread !!

BS1 activations: No worries, if you run out of them, file a ticket number and they fill it up again (and you get a new serial). Just happened to me a few days ago.

Other questions: Roam the forum, it's all in there.. :book: (<-- you have some catchin' up to do).

Programming the stick: Your choice actually, you can use either option or a combination of both (i work with a programmed setup, more powerfull).

Win11 Pro 64-bit, Ryzen 5800X3D, Corsair H115i, Gigabyte X570S UD, EVGA 3080Ti XC3 Ultra 12GB, 64 GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600. Monitors: LG 27GL850-B27 2560x1440 + Samsung SyncMaster 2443 1920x1200, HOTAS: Warthog with Virpil WarBRD base, MFG Crosswind combat pedals, TrackIR4, Rift-S.

Personal Wish List: A6 Intruder, Vietnam theater, decent ATC module, better VR performance!

• 1 year later...

problem with cockpit graphics

Root/Program Files/Eagle Dynamics/DCS Install Folder/Mods/Aircrafts/<module name>/bin/.

Right Click on Protect.exe run as admin, choose activate, enter serial, follow on screen prompts.

I did this it tells me activation has been accepted but when i go into the game all the aircraft cockpit views are not correct. I only get a wireframe of the aircraft which I understand happens when the module is not activated ???

• 3 months later...

1.2.9 Installation

(Not) Ok... I've just downloaded the 1.2.9, after when I was attempting to pay for the MI-8 (I have enough money to pay for it in PayPal account), still the payment does'nt pass through... (Is it PP side, DCS side, no idea....)

Anyway, decided to install the DCS 1.2.9 as a separate dir (not overlayed on old 1.2.8 install. I've also installed the DCS-KA50 (English upgrade license from an old BS1), all the same way as over the years, wehn upgrading across 1.2.x releases. Here is a riddle - the protection system screems about invalid hardware key and that my serial is invalid, though it still works perfect in 1.2.8....

Have U tried this?

- remove the new install (1.2.9), dont touch an old one, if any.

- install it again from the download pack.

- DO NOT DOWNLOAD ANY MODULES

- start the DCS World, and move to modules manager

- install any modules from out there...

ED pls, fix the KA's no-hud-after-repairs bug, before we all blender lovers get (b)old and to blind to notice it is missing...

:pilotfly:

Edited by madyogi

I cant activate any product.

the protect.exe crashes every time.

pls help

I am having this problem too.

Updated my hardware today, new CPU, motherboard and GPU, and updated to 1.2.9, so I need to revalidate my activation keys.

I run a quick start or a mission editor mission, I get a prompt to activate each of my DCS modules. Each one repeatedly needs to be activated, but no activation seems to take place and the activation program seems to crash after several attempts. Every single time, I click to activate, it says "you have 7 activations left" as if it was working properly, but as soon as you click an acknowledgement, the same module wants to be activated again.

Using the protect.exe in administrator mode does not work either. Same process happens as above, but it seems to crash more quickly.

Problem occurs with and without antivirus running.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Edited by Biggus
Thought I'd better mention antivirus

I am having this problem too.

Updated my hardware today, new CPU, motherboard and GPU, and updated to 1.2.9, so I need to revalidate my activation keys.

I run a quick start or a mission editor mission, I get a prompt to activate each of my DCS modules. Each one repeatedly needs to be activated, but no activation seems to take place and the activation program seems to crash after several attempts. Every single time, I click to activate, it says "you have 7 activations left" as if it was working properly, but as soon as you click an acknowledgement, the same module wants to be activated again.

Using the protect.exe in administrator mode does not work either. Same process happens as above, but it seems to crash more quickly.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Delete the HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Eagle Dynamics\ Folder in the Registry. and Re-do Activations,

Hardware Changes Effect your Hardware ID, when that changes, you need to delete the old one stored in the registry.

or See here for .reg files:

http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/faq/activation_wiki/

Edited by SkateZilla
  • Like 1

Wow, ive just upgraded my Hardware and also have this same problem of the ID, thanks Skatezilla, the timing has been perfect for me. I will try deleting that folder on the registry!:thumbup:

Edit: Just tried it, everything works perfectly. Thanks

Edited by rajdary

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv Tempered Glass, Asus ROG Maximus IX Hero, Intel i7 7700K @ 4.8, Corsair HX 1000i, Nzxt Kraken 62, 32gb DDR4 3000Mhz Corsair Dominator Platinum, Nvme SSD Samsung 960 Evo 1Tb, Asus Strix OC 1080ti, Philips 43" 4K Monitor + 2 x Dell 24" U2414H, Warthog HOTAS, Track IR 5, Obutto R3volution, Buttkicker Gamer 2, MFG Crosswind pedals, Occulus Rift CV1, Windows 10 Pro.

Each license (disk) has initial 10 activations plus AAA technology (described below).

If StarForce detects changes to your computer hardware/software as described below, an

activation will be required.

An activation will be required if the hardware/software changes exceed 12 points as rated

below:

CPU ID: 13

Windows PID: 3

Computer Name: 3

Hard drive volume serial number: 3

MAC address: 6

RAM amount: 6

Also, Coming from the same spot a year or so ago, when I Upgraded my CPU,

it's best to de-activate before upgrading if you can, then wipe the reg to remove the old Hardware IDs and stuff, then re-activate.

• 9 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...