Specify mission date on Mission Editor?

eFirehawk

Hello everyone,

This is a pretty trivial thing, but still, I'm creating a mission and I would like to know if there is any option to set up the day/month/year in which a custom mission happens. In the A-10 CDU, under the TIME page you can see the date and it's always September 2011. I haven't found any option in the mission editor that allows me to specify the mission date. Does anybody know if it's possible to do it?

Thanks

Pentium II 233Mhz | 16MB RAM | 14.4kb Modem | 1.44MB Floppy Disk Drive | Windows 3.1 with TM Warthog & TrackIR 5

In the mission editor where you can specify the start time, there's another box right of the entry for minutes. That's how many days from a pre-set date in the sim, I can't remember what date the 0-date is, I know someone posted it before. Basically you just have to set how many days from the 0-date ahead you want.

AFAIK the next patch will have a simpler system.

REAPER 51 | Tholozor
VFA-136 (c.2007): https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3305981/
Arleigh Burke Destroyer Pack (2020): https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3313752/

June 1 is the 0 date. And yes the next patch makes it much easier to set a specific date.

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum

I thought they were called updates now! ;)

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Updated patches. :D

Dusty Rhodes

Play HARD, Play FAIR, Play TO WIN

Win 7 Professional 64 Bit / Intel i7 4790 Devils Canyon, 4.0 GIG /ASUS Maximus VII Formula Motherboard/ ASUS GTX 1080 8 GB/ 32 Gigs of RAM / Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog / TrackIR 5 / 2 Cougar MFD's / Saitek Combat Pedals/ DSD Button Box FLT-1

I thought as of 1.2.3 they are called vaporware...

/hides :pilotfly:

3 months == vaporware now? Jeez Episode 3 must be like Ultra-mega Vaporware then. :cry:

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum

• 4 weeks later...

The new ME interface is much better, I can easily set-up day and month. However still no option to set the year though :huh: Maybe there's a way to edit the mission file itself and input the desired year? I'm trying to create missions based on real life operations, date isn't really necessary but it would be a nice touch to see it in the briefing and the CDU :)

Pentium II 233Mhz | 16MB RAM | 14.4kb Modem | 1.44MB Floppy Disk Drive | Windows 3.1 with TM Warthog & TrackIR 5