Dcs World 1.2.3 and the missing export.lua

Manuel

Question-

I don't run Helios or anything that uses the export file... But as a server I do want guys to be able to use their gizmos... What I read from speed seems to suggest that I don't need to modify my export.lua anymore to allow clients to use their helios etc systems... True?

Take a look at c0ff's post and the following replies at the following link. What was before configured by config.lua (like: EnableExportScript = true) in the DCS World/Config/Export directory is now configured in network.cfg in your saved games/config directory: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=102034#5

Please fix the KA-50 bugs :-)

Black Shark: Controller profile & setup, TrackIR profile, pit.

Warthog HOTAS: Lubing the stick and extending the stick.

Posts on howto customize switches in DCS &

Must-have mods for DCS World and KA-50 (mostly JSGME).

Casual couch pilot, watching capped.tv...

can't get it to work for my cockpit. Grr

MSI M5 z270 | Intel i5 7600k (OC) 4.8GHz | MSI GTX1080ti Gaming X 11Gb | 500gb Samsung 970 Evo NVME M.2 (DCS World) | 500gb Samsung 850 Evo SSD (OS and Apps) | 32Gb 2400MHz DDR4 - Crucial Ballistix | Be Quiet Silent Loop 240mm | NZXT H440 case |

Thrustmaster Warthog - 47608 with Virpil Mongoose joystick base | MFG Crosswinds - 1241 | Westland Lynx collective with Bodnar X board | Pilot's seat from ZH832 Merlin | JetSeat | Oculus Rift S | Windows 10 | VA |

Thank bloody god. Sorted that one out finally. Working as normal again. Curious though will I now have to go through the same crap if I want to add more switches etc to my panels through Helios or will a simple save in Helios editor suffice? Ta

MSI M5 z270 | Intel i5 7600k (OC) 4.8GHz | MSI GTX1080ti Gaming X 11Gb | 500gb Samsung 970 Evo NVME M.2 (DCS World) | 500gb Samsung 850 Evo SSD (OS and Apps) | 32Gb 2400MHz DDR4 - Crucial Ballistix | Be Quiet Silent Loop 240mm | NZXT H440 case |

Thrustmaster Warthog - 47608 with Virpil Mongoose joystick base | MFG Crosswinds - 1241 | Westland Lynx collective with Bodnar X board | Pilot's seat from ZH832 Merlin | JetSeat | Oculus Rift S | Windows 10 | VA |

Thank bloody god. Sorted that one out finally. Working as normal again. Curious though will I now have to go through the same crap if I want to add more switches etc to my panels through Helios or will a simple save in Helios editor suffice? Ta

None of this has any impact on your Helios profiles and what you do or don't have implemented in them. Once the exports are on they are all on. Note that this has nothing to do with viewports (i.e. MFCDs, RWR, etc.).

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

corrup file 123 exe

Just down loaded the DCS up date 1.2.3 when I try to up date the EXE file came up with file corrupted so far I have been unable to start the update. I even down loaded from other site listed no luck :helpsmilie::helpsmilie:

After following the instructions for 1.2.3 I am not able to add A-10C as an interface in helios. Anyone know what I am doing wrong?

Thanks!

What I am seeing in the picture looks like Helios is recognizing A-10 just fine. That is why you have a button for removing it.

heliosa10_zps2caa4206.jpg

EDIT: Btw, you don't need to do the export swap thing if you have both Blackshark and the hog.

See this thread...http://i1227.photobucket.com/albums/ee440/cichlidfan58/heliosa10_zps2caa4206.jpg

Edited by cichlidfan

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

What I am seeing in the picture looks like Helios is recognizing A-10 just fine. That is why you have a button for removing it.

If I recall correctly, I need to add A-10C as an interface by picking it from the list of interfaces but, I do not see it as an option.

If I recall correctly, I need to add A-10C as an interface by picking it from the list of interfaces but, I do not see it as an option.

It is already there according to the pic that you have posted. I do not know when or how you added it but it has been done. That bottom dialog box where I circled the button. That is telling me this.

EDIT: Actually, now that I look again. It probably came from the profile that you have open.

Edited by cichlidfan

You were right. Sorry I am still very new to this. I spent $550 to get helios running and then another $650 to get good frame rates and load time. It's all working, now I just need to learn how to play.

SO EXCITED :) :) :)

No problem. There is a lot going on when you are getting everything working. Been there.

Have fun! :)

Speak through translator and do not understand everything. Why I have no "Remove Helios Setup"?

HELIOS does not work out of the box with DCS 1.2.3.9871.

Download: HELIOS scripts.zip. The HELIOS export-script is made by Loophole - give him the apropriate credits!

Place the two files (Export.lua and HELIOS.lua) into: Saved Games\DCS\Scripts

The install button will not work, but there is no need, because your HELIOS profiles will work when running DCS with those scripts in place.

[edit: above scripts work for both A-10C and KA-50 :-)]

Edited by tietze
  • Like 1

You were right. Sorry I am still very new to this. I spent $550 to get helios running and then another $650 to get good frame rates and load time. It's all working, now I just need to learn how to play.

SO EXCITED :) :) :)

Nice profile :lol:

Ohh and thanks to all who helped sort out this problem, certainly had me head scratching for a while. :)

i9 9900x at 5.1 Ghz // ASUS ROG Maximus XI Formula EK Bloc // 64Gb Corsair Vengence 3600Mhz DDR4 Ram // Gigabyte Aorus 3090 Watercooled block//Samsung SM951 M2 x4 SSD // Windows 10 64 Bit //48inch LG48 @ 3840x2160 120Hz//Asus ROG Swift PG35VQ 3440 x 14440 144Hz // TM Warthog HOTAS (Ser. No. 00836) //MFG Crosswind Pedals // TrackIR 5 //Varjo Aero

An old pilot is one who remembers when flying was dangerous and sex was safe.

Nice profile :lol:

Ohh and thanks to all who helped sort out this problem, certainly had me head scratching for a while. :)

I recognized it as well. It does get around for good reason. :thumbup:

Thank you for all the informations !

Installed today the new DCS version , copied my old exports and ... TFS and HELIOS are working well.

With the new version and actual NVIDIA drivers I got an graphics-boost ! From 35 fps to nearly 60 on highest settings with Helios !!

Cheers

Tom

Thanks for this.

Hey guys,

I came across 1.2.3 with no HELIOS working anymore. Here is what you have to do.

Go to Game directory/scripts and copy export.lua

Paste it in Game directory/config/export/export.lua

Do your typical script update through HELIOS (Export.lua in the directory config/exports gets modified)

Copy the file export.lua back to Game directory/scripts

Create a new folder in USERNAME/Saved Games/DCS named "Scripts"

Copy again export.lua in that specific folder.

Now it should all work. At least it did on my setup.

Good luck and happy landings.

Home built PC Win 10 Pro 64bit, MB ASUS Z170 WS, 6700K, EVGA 1080Ti Hybrid, 32GB DDR4 3200, Thermaltake 120x360 RAD, Custom built A-10C sim pit, TM WARTHOG HOTAS, Cougar MFD's, 3D printed UFC and Saitek rudders. HTC VIVE VR.

https://digitalcombatmercenaries.enjin.com/

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
How does one do a typical script update in Helios?

I'm not quite sure I understand you correctly. What Helios does is to install a script in the old export folder, which is ignored by newer versions of DCS.

• 1 month later...

Hello there,

I had problem with Helios after updateing 1.2.2, but I solved it. Now I have the same problem: the gauges doesn't work. MFCDs, RWR etc. works, but the gauges still no. I've done all the things I' ve red about, but nothing has changed.

Does anybody has any idea what should I do...? Thanks...

TM Warthog no.00128

I can only guess that DCS has done an update that maybe you missed.

Make sure to copy and paste the "_backup.00?" folder contents directly into the DCS World Directory allowing it to overwrite files and folders.

i9 9900x at 5.1 Ghz // ASUS ROG Maximus XI Formula EK Bloc // 64Gb Corsair Vengence 3600Mhz DDR4 Ram // Gigabyte Aorus 3090 Watercooled block//Samsung SM951 M2 x4 SSD // Windows 10 64 Bit //48inch LG48 @ 3840x2160 120Hz//Asus ROG Swift PG35VQ 3440 x 14440 144Hz // TM Warthog HOTAS (Ser. No. 00836) //MFG Crosswind Pedals // TrackIR 5 //Varjo Aero

An old pilot is one who remembers when flying was dangerous and sex was safe.