Maverick accuracy

Suchacz

Not that I've seen but honestly I tend to use Mavs as a last resort or standoff and never carry more than two.

Interesting that many of the 3rd party posted missions I fly seem to be loaded with SA-8's and SA-15's near the target, so completing the mission appears impossible without first destroying a large number of short range SAM's. I also wonder at the thinking behind a couple of missions where an active SA-11 group is placed near the target with no SEAD support, or even terrain cover.

Interesting that many of the 3rd party posted missions I fly seem to be loaded with SA-8's and SA-15's near the target, so completing the mission appears impossible without first destroying a large number of short range SAM's. I also wonder at the thinking behind a couple of missions where an active SA-11 group is placed near the target with no SEAD support, or even terrain cover.

+1 most guys don't even care about the usual stacking in the air defences, so sometimes you find about every possible threat in an area of 50 square miles :doh:

EDIT: about the original topic - I did get misses since the A-10C betas. The MAV is not a 100% hit guarantee. Though, 50% is a bit much.

90%+ hits should be normal, but once in a while they can miss. That is not unrealistic... I guess.

Edited by shagrat

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

Just updated to v1.2.3 and did fly a quick test mission after tweaking .luas and things. My Mavericks didn't miss the target (launched only a few of them), but somehow I got an impression that MAV cam looked a bit darker to me than earlier. Is it just my imagination, or has it been changed lately, especially with DCS:World? I've used v.1.1.1.1 for a long time and installed World version only a few dayz ago. You can of course adjust the brightness of MFCD, but anyway.

There is definitely a need for more testing berore making some conclusion :thumbup:

I wrote the first post after only one flight in 1.2.3. It was a question, not a statement ;)

Edited by Suchacz

At least with standalone versions of DCS A-10C (v.1.1.1.1 and earlier) I've seen Mavericks missing direct hits a couple of times. Every time the missile went over the target hitting the ground very close to it. However, if it was a truck or some other vehicle with weak armour, it was destroyed eventually by the blast.

On MP (1.2.3) last night my mav D's went 12 for 12 against targets both moving and stationary, and both extremes of range. I may live to regret it, but I'll say that I would almost prefer more realistic behavior. Magic missiles are a bit boring.

i5-4670K@4.5GHz / 16 GB RAM / SSD / GTX1080

Rift CV1 / G-seat / modded FFB HOTAS

According to U.S. Air Force the hit rate is about 80-90%.

Yes, I tend to be on the winning end, when it comes to MAVs :lol:

I guess ED won't like to completely spoil it for us...

By the way, just for me being curious: did anyone ever have a dud maverick? I didn't yet...

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

By the way, just for me being curious: did anyone ever have a dud maverick? I didn't yet...

Does team killing yourself with a maverick count? :megalol:

• Like 1

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum

I tried to launch one in "hollywood style" that is in a roll... :rotflmao:

:doh:

the Mav came out with my wing behind :lol:

Edited by Angel101
spelling

I tried to launch one in "hollywood style" that is in a roll... :rotflmao:

:doh:

the Mav came out with my wing behind :lol:

When i do pop up attacks i very often fire inverted, or banking 90 degrees. You have to pull negative G's in order to hit your own Mav.. :pilotfly:

i7 8700K | GTX 1080 Ti | 32GB RAM | 500GB M.2 SSD | TIR5 w/ Trackclip Pro | TM Hotas Warthog | Saitek Pro Flight Rudder

[sigpic]http://www.132virtualwing.org[/sigpic]

When i do pop up attacks i very often fire inverted, or banking 90 degrees. You have to pull negative G's in order to hit your own Mav.. :pilotfly:

Hopefully one day that'll be fixed as well. Neither of those situations are within the Mav launch envelope. Even if you do manage to get the missile to track at such attitudes, the missile would go dumb off the rail.

Spoiler

Intel 13900K (5Ghz), 64Gb 6400Mhz, MSi RTX 3090, Schiit Modi/Magi DAC/AMP, ASUS PG43UQ, Hotas Warthog, RealSimulator FSSB3, 2x TM MFDs + DCS MFDs, MFG Crosswinds, Elgato Steamdeck XL

It might be my imagination, but I've noticed I've missed more often when the contrast between target and background is minimal. Also I've noticed that the mav crosshairs pulse when I get a valid lock, and when they are steady it means the target is not completely locked and will probably result in a miss. I'll usually bump the slew to re-aquire when that happens.

Mavs have been doing quite all right the last couple of nights. The CBU97's however seem to be hit or miss with even BTR's I see them hit but no kill sometimes.

Asus Sabertooth P67 Motherboard 2600k CPU, 16 gig DDR3, 1600. Samsung 830, 256 gig hard drive,

GTX780 Video Card, Warthog Hotas, Razer Mamba mouse. Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals. Trackir 5, Verizon FIOS 25Meg Up/Down

I've been lurking here for a while. Just flew my first "Quick Mission" mission in 1.2.3, fired off 4 AGM-65Ds at BMPs and 3 of em missed. They hit damned close. One of them shaved the top of the BMP as it sailed over it. But no kills. I was firing from FL 100 and about 5 or 6 kms from the target

Before this I've missed maybe 1 out of 20 Maverick shots.

I'll fly another mission later on and see if it's any better.

It's possible the turn was too much. I reccomend pointing near the target before firing. I'm not sure if the "keyhole" is implemented but it could make it difficult for the missile to reach it.

Always remember. I don't have a clue what I'm doing

It's possible the turn was too much. I reccomend pointing near the target before firing. I'm not sure if the "keyhole" is implemented but it could make it difficult for the missile to reach it.

Too much for the missile you mean? I'll try again putting the target on my nose before firing.

Yeah, sorry that was poorly worded.

Created a simple mission with 4 BMPs. All 4 Mavericks were dead on. I was nose-on when firing all 4 missiles though. I'll do more investigations.

I tried doing a "Fast Mission" there to see if there was any difference, but twice in a row I got swiss-cheesed by a Su-27 30 mm. But that's a whole different thread :D