Full size "windowed" game is actually a "full screen" window...

zorlac

Hi all

A bit of a weird one, and unsure if its DCSW, NVidia or Windows that is causing the issue.

My native screen res is 2560x1440. If I deselect "full screen" from the options and select the full screen resolution, the windows is actually a "full screen" window (i.e. if I click outside that window, it minimizes). If I change the resolution to 1920x1440 (i.e narrower but same height), then the window is still actually a full screen window.

If I then drop down to 1920x1200, then DCS does start in windowed mode, and clicking outside that windows doenst cause it to minimize.

Has anyone come across this issue before, and have a solution? Its a real puzzler for me, spent a good couple of hours installing, removing, reinstalling, etc.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

And the issue is that DCS doesn't minimize anymore? Perhaps the fact that it minimized in the past in windowed mode was in fact an issue.

It should only minimize when you have more than 1 screen, click on one and DCS is fullscreen on the other with let's say extended desktop settings.

Is this what you're talking about?

I see what you mean, Zorlac.

BRooDJeRo, what he is talking about is that if you want to use something like Touch Buddy etcetera on a second monitor, and for this reason want a windowed mode in order to move the mouse over there (if you don't have an actual touch-screen as a second monitor), this currently causes the simulator window to minimize: meaning, the moment you try to use a secondary program like touchbuddy (or manipulate your TS/Ventrilo etcetera) the game will minimize, interrupting your play.

Particularly inconvenient in the case of cockpit control interface softwares, since in those cases you're clicking elsewhere specifically in the intent of controlling the aicraft. ;)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

To be honest, its not TouchBuddy related this time. TB actually tries very hard not to allow the window to become active, but windows itself sometimes ignores the flag that is set on the TB window.. grrr!!

Anyway, I wanted to use Easy Monitor Configurator (http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=71831, and it requires the primary view to be in windowed mode rather than full screen.

Kind of sucks to run the game in a slower windowed mode *AND* at less than full resolution. Lets see if anyone has a solution that I havent found in my frantic googling! :)

I went in and hand edited the graphics entry in options.lua, and removed 50 pixels from width and height values, and it now fires up a windowed version that almost completely fills the screen. That will do!

Now all I have to do is work out why EMC isnt working for my install...

I thought EMC no longer worked.. but i could be mistaken. ( edit: oh i see there is a new version... looks nice..)

I've always just set them manually. Its pretty easy.

I've always used windowed mode, never minimises for me, but that is likley because i am stretching the game over more than one monitor and hence its not at native resolutions.

I also never see a fps hit running in windowed mode.

Edited by MadTommy

i5-3570K @ 4.5 Ghz, Asus P8Z77-V, 8 GB DDR3, 1.5GB GTX 480 (EVGA, superclocked), SSD, 2 x 1680x1050, x-fi extreme music.

TM Warthog, Saitek combat pro pedals, TrackIR 4