FSSB R3 Warthog mod from RealSimulator

Hi all.

I had the priviledge to test the new FSSB R3 Warthog mod from RealSimulator during last weeks.

RealSimulator is a Spanish enterprise based in Madrid, specialized in high quality air simulation products and aviation industry among others.

You may have a look at the article I wrote about it in the following link.

Real Simulator FSSB R3 Warthog mod

Also available in pdf format.

FSSB R3_EN.pdf

Roberto "Vibora" Seoane

Alas Rojas

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

sigpic97175_2_small.pngAERGES-LOGO-sin_fondo_small.png

thanks buddy

nice review also..

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]W10(64bit)Asus Rog Strix Z370-F - i7 8700K - Dark Rock Pro 4 - 16 giga ram Corsair vengeance 3000 - MSI RTX 2070 Super - Asus Rog Phobeus soundcard - Z906 Surround speaker - Track ir5 - HOTAS Warthog

Looks great.

Checked pricing.

Currently on their website at 450 Euros which is $575.00 AU +shipping

Hawk_5

Modules:

A10C, BS2, FC3, P51, CA, UH-1H, Mi-8MTV2

System:

Gigabyte GA-X79UP4 MB, intel 3930k, Coolermaster Siedon 120M liquid cooled, Corsair Vengence Red 16GB 2133Mhz, Gigabyte Geforce GTX680 2GB Super o'clk, intel 520 SSD 240GB,

Seagate Barracuda 2TB HD, Coolermaster Silent Pro 800W PS, Coolermaster CM690 II Case

Thanks for the info :)

Going through this post : http://simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/3711699/Re_FSSB_R3_for_Warthog_now_ava#Post3711699

I couldn't find if the warthog throttle remained active or not (still visible in Target ?)

Any clues ?

VEAF - Virtual European Air Force- www.veaf.org

Association européenne de simulation évoluant sur DCS, BMS et ArmA3.

Nous rejoindre : http://www.veaf.org/fr/association/formulaire-de-contact

The FSSB R3 can be used with the Target software and integrates perfectly ok with the throttle quadrant.

In order for it to be be recognised you just need to remove the HOTAS interface board from your original joystick base and refit it into your new FSSB sensor base as shown in the video below.

Win 11 Home 64Bit, i7-13700K@5.2Ghz Water Cooled, 32 Gb RAM, PNY RTX4090, HP Reverb, PICO 4, Quest 3, Realsimulator FSSB R3, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, MFG Crosswind Pedals.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

You shouldn't be, or need to be, using any more force when the stick is center mounted. My unmodded Warthog is center mounted and the primary difference is that it is now more comfortable.

I would think that you should find it easier to use more accurately when it is in between your legs, with or without the FSSB mod.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

• 1 year later...

I'm wondering about something, hope the FFSB 3 users can answer. I noticed in a video posted above that required control force input can be set on ground - but, can they change dynamically depending on condition of flight?

If yes, that would amount to some kind of built in force feedback, wouldn't it?

MAC

I'm wondering about something, hope the FFSB 3 users can answer. I noticed in a video posted above that required control force input can be set on ground - but, can they change dynamically depending on condition of flight?

If yes, that would amount to some kind of built in force feedback, wouldn't it?

MAC

Spoke with Manuel of Realsimulator about this feature, they are interested in making this happen. Please read more on this thread: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=137578

MAC

Good Info Icarus,

that ruled out that stick for me as I am about to get a Warthog combo and just saw the FSSB recently. For my intended usage this is nonsense.

Bit

Gigabyte Aorus X570S Master - Ryzen 5900X - Gskill 64GB 3200/CL14@3600/CL14 - Asus 1080ti EK-waterblock - 4x Samsung 980Pro 1TB - 1x Samsung 870 Evo 1TB - 1x SanDisc 120GB SSD - Heatkiller IV - MoRa3-360LT@9x120mm Noctua F12 - Corsair AXi-1200 - TiR5-Pro - Warthog Hotas - Saitek Combat Pedals - Asus PG278Q 27" QHD Gsync 144Hz - Corsair K70 RGB Pro - Win11 Pro/Linux - Phanteks Evolv-X 

• 1 month later...

Just ordered the FSSB R3.

I fly mostly MiG21, Su27, Bf109,Fw190, Huey,Ka50.

I've been told it was an awesome feel flying with it, and excellent precision/smoothness. Even when flying 'copters.

I'll report back when i get it and have tested it out.

• 5 weeks later...
Just ordered the FSSB R3.

I fly mostly MiG21, Su27, Bf109,Fw190, Huey,Ka50.

I've been told it was an awesome feel flying with it, and excellent precision/smoothness. Even when flying 'copters.

I'll report back when i get it and have tested it out.

How's that report coming? Would love to hear how it went for you.

i9 9900k - GTX 2080 Ti - MSI Z87 GD65 Mobo - 64GB HyperX Predator RGB DDR4 3200MHz - Win10 64 bit - TM Warthog w FSSB R3 mod - TrackIr 5.

I have one; it's brilliant.

I'm an advocate of getting the very best controllers you can afford. It never pays to get cheap stuff in the long run, and you'll enjoy simming all the more while you're at it.

Hi FS, I've had one for about 2 weeks now and would love to hear how people have it set up and what type of settings they're using.

Also, with which aircraft do you use it? Right now I've got it center mounted pretty much where it'd be in an A-10. And I'm finding that quick rolls to the right when dogfighting with the Sabre causes some soreness in the forearm/elbow even at 2.50 lbs. I've heard from some that it's a matter of getting used to how it works, but I've not yet heard a useful elaboration of that.

Any guidance would be appreciated.

i9 9900k - GTX 2080 Ti - MSI Z87 GD65 Mobo - 64GB HyperX Predator RGB DDR4 3200MHz - Win10 64 bit - TM Warthog w FSSB R3 mod - TrackIr 5.

Hi FS, I've had one for about 2 weeks now and would love to hear how people have it set up and what type of settings they're using.

Also, with which aircraft do you use it? Right now I've got it center mounted pretty much where it'd be in an A-10. And I'm finding that quick rolls to the right when dogfighting with the Sabre causes some soreness in the forearm/elbow even at 2.50 lbs. I've heard from some that it's a matter of getting used to how it works, but I've not yet heard a useful elaboration of that.

Any guidance would be appreciated.

I've got mine centre mounted also. I use it for all aircraft, and just use the default settings.

Not much to elaborate on getting used to it, it just takes a bit of time. I found it strange at first, wondered how I'd ever get used to it, then a few weeks later found myself flying with it as if I'd had it forever.

Why would anyone use FSSB for a Warthog (or MiG21, Su27, Bf109, Fw190, Huey, Ka50 for that matter)? The Warthog does not even have a force sensing stick. I use it for F-16 mostly and use a stock Warthog for most everything else. Its more realistic that way.

Seems to me it is kinda like putting a DRS (drag reduction system) on a dump truck. If you mostly fly aircraft that have force sensing it makes sense, otherwise its unrealistic and pointless, unless you are trying to get an unrealistic edge or something.confused.gif

Because the FSSB is ultra precise and the original warthog base is terrible. There's nothing realistic about the original warthog base anyway. The stick forces aren't strong enough, and no plane I've ever come across has a centre bump in the middle of its range either.

Thanks for that, FS. Do you have your stick rotated to the left at all, and what height is the stick in relation to your body?

I agree with FS that the Warthog stock stick base with its well known stiction issues leaves a lot to be desired, and that the FSSB R3 is a huge improvement over it. Also, the customer service provided by Manuel at RealSimulator is easily the best I've ever seen in all my years of flight simming. The man has literally written custom firmware for me in order to make sure I was enjoying his product to its fullest.