FSSB R3 Warthog mod from RealSimulator

I have a X-65 and I don't like it. When I rest my hand on it, it already senses this and translates that to a stick deflection. I can only prevent this from happeing if I configure it to an uncomfortable high threshold.

How does the FSSB R3 WH "feels" in this regard?

PS: the concept IS somewhat intriguing. One can actually steer an aircraft just "with your mind". The X-65 can sense forces so tiny that you don't even notice it yourself and thus allows you to steer the aircraft just with the unconscious muscle tensions - by literally just thinking about where you want to fly it to. Amazing, but still ... a bit unpractical in my experience.

Nice set up. Rotation looks the same as mine. As far as height goes, I guess I'd better understand the height if you could tell me how far above or below the tops of your legs that light grey tightening nut is located.

i9 9900k - GTX 2080 Ti - MSI Z87 GD65 Mobo - 64GB HyperX Predator RGB DDR4 3200MHz - Win10 64 bit - TM Warthog w FSSB R3 mod - TrackIr 5.

I have a FSSB modded Cougar and i love it. The precision is much better than anything i have ever tried. I always had mine mounted on the side instead of the middle. seems more natural with a force sensing stick.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Win10 64, Asus Maximus VIII Formula, i5 6600K, Geforce 980 GTX Ti, 32 GB Ram, Samsung EVO SSD.

It is cool, but totally unrealistic for most aircraft and ridiculously unrealistic for WWII aircraft.

If you mostly fly aircraft that have force sensing it makes sense, otherwise its unrealistic and pointless, unless you are trying to get an unrealistic edge or something

It should also be said that FSSB is ridiculously unrealistic in WWII aircraft and the precision is completely inappropriate for those aircraft.

Good thing for your last post or people might have missed the point in your first two. :D

i9 9900k - GTX 2080 Ti - MSI Z87 GD65 Mobo - 64GB HyperX Predator RGB DDR4 3200MHz - Win10 64 bit - TM Warthog w FSSB R3 mod - TrackIr 5.

Could'nt give a damn about if it's realistic or not. Because it's a really presice and accurate piece of hardware. And your muscles will learn how to use it.

I have now used it in these aircraft: KA50, Huey, SU-27, MIG-21, FW190, BF109 and A-10

You still "feel the position" by how much force you put into the stick after awhile.

I don't miss the warthog base. Infact, i did'nt swap the board at first incase i was'nt happy.

First few flights you'll be going up and down ALOT :D

Until you get used to it.

I've got mine aligned to my right side arm. Since you have to use force on it (quite alot to get max deflection) you don't get that sore in your elbow and wrist.

This way you use your whole arm to move the stick.

Using the BMS software (as that gives me two sticks) for Warthog and FFSB.

I use the FFSB for the axis and Warthog for buttons. Axis because you need abit more force for full deflection. I run normal force "mode".

I also use a deadzone of 2% on both axis in DCS. This gives just enough room to relax the hand on the grip without input.

Thanks for the info, Fix. Do you use the default force settings?

Yes, i run the default BMS "normal mode".

Be sure to download the newest firmware and HID tools.

And you really have to ease into this stick. Don't force ( :megalol: ) it, or you might strain your wrist :smilewink: