Elevator Emergency Disengage switch not working?

coilwinder

Or is it?

I was playing a bit with manual reversion switches and so on, and found that the "Elevator Emergency Disengage switch" didn't really disengage the elevators (they both seemed to move in sync). The Aileron Emergency Disengage switch worked as advertised though. As did the Manual Reversion switch, I think.

Using DCS World and A-10C version 1.2.3.

• 3 years later...

Most (possibly all, I've never seen one, but can't confirm they're not just highly unlikely) of the faults and failures that would require the use of MRFCS and/or the emergency disconnect/retraction switches are not modelled in DCS.

The both of the elevators have their own actuator, the emergency disengage switch will only have an impact if one elevator is jammed and therefore preventing the other from moving.

Spoiler

Intel 13900K (5Ghz), 64Gb 6400Mhz, MSi RTX 3090, Schiit Modi/Magi DAC/AMP, ASUS PG43UQ, Hotas Warthog, RealSimulator FSSB3, 2x TM MFDs + DCS MFDs, MFG Crosswinds, Elgato Steamdeck XL

Or is it?

I was playing a bit with manual reversion switches and so on, and found that the "Elevator Emergency Disengage switch" didn't really disengage the elevators (they both seemed to move in sync). The Aileron Emergency Disengage switch worked as advertised though. As did the Manual Reversion switch, I think.

Using DCS World and A-10C version 1.2.3.

From the DCS manual

If the elevators are still connected with the shearable crossover shaft, a single elevator actuator / control path can power both elevators if one of the actuators or control paths fail.

and

Elevator Emergency Disengage Switch. In the event one of the two linked elevators

becomes inoperative, you may need to disable it so that the other elevator can still

function. To do so, you may move the ELEVATOR EMER DISENGAGE switch left or right to

disengage the selected elevator actuator. This will bypass the inoperative control path and

allow the other elevator to move freely.

other sources

[ATTACH]153772[/ATTACH]

AFAIK, the Emergency Disconnect turns off the elevator Hydraulic actuator of the respective side, but the elevators are still connected.

Edited by mvsgas

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Thank you for you patience.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..