Scenes: Medium with Trees: High?

Sorry for the cryptic thread title. Here's what I want to do: I now seem to be able to run ok with Scenes set to Medium. Doing that however means getting trees only around villages with dark tinting over the rest of the landscape where trees would be if the Scene setting was high. I want to keep my graphics detail dialed back exactly where Medium places it except for trees. But I only plan on having them visible from a lower distance to reduce to load on my system. Anyone know how to do that? Thanks.

I'd look at the configuration of the medium graphics config .lua and put the same distances that are in the medium setting to high- except the trees. That way scenes will load similarly- but the trees will be left alone. That, at least, is where I'd start looking. It's the same place people go to extend view distance... Why not to retract detail? Like I said- may not be the answer... But that's where I'd start.

Notepad++ is your friend...

"ENO"

Type in anger and you will make the greatest post you will ever regret.

"Sweetest's" Military Aviation Art

Why? Medium does more than that. It also lowers visibility distance and LOD distance for urban areas and (I think) some structures. I need those lower settings. What I couldn't handle was the complete lack of trees in an already barren landscape. This way I have both--trees all over the place while not bogging down with the other stuff that comes with HIGH.

Works just as I hoped, Eno. Thanks again.

Smokin' Hole

My DCS wish list: Su25, Su30, Mi24, AH1, F/A-18C, Afghanistan ...and frankly, the flight sim world should stop at 1995.