Med spec vid card

Hi Cali yeah man the difference performance-wise is night and day. I also like that digital vibrance control, used in moderation it brings in a really rich color palette to Lomac imho. The only thing is that my AA isn't so hot (even at 8XAA/1280X1024) anytime I see the color black...like on an aircraft when the sun is on the opposite side...or on an aircraft's anti-glare panel. To be fair though, I think it's my new LCD monitor. I'm gonna test it with an older CRT I have lying around here in my computer room to check the differences.

I have no problems like that, but then again I don't have a LCD also. What are the specs on your LCD?

Guest EVIL-SCOTSMAN

black on lcd's isnt as good as black on crt's.

my black on this lcd is more like a very very dark shade of grey, if i was to compare it to one of my crt's, then the crt would win hands down everytime for colour intensity and basic overall look compared to my lcd monitor.

My lcd is way better on the eyes for normal windows stuff and the text is easier and sharper to read.

less strain on the eyes with lcd, but the colours, mainly black are not as good as they are on crt's.

Scots, I don't really have a problem with the actual color, it's just that the AA isn't as sharp on black as it is everywhere else. Cali, it's in my sig. It's an 8ms Samsung 940B (19")...not sure what else to tell ya. :)

It's not a biggie, I love the monitor and I could never go back to looking at a bubble. ;)

-----------------------------

AMD Athlon 64 3800+

Asrock 939 Dual SATA 2 mobo

1024 Corsair PC3200

XFX 7800GT

Antec True Blue 480

Samsung 940B

Track IR4

Saitek X-45 HOTAS

Win XP Pro

Guest EVIL-SCOTSMAN

try transparency anti aliasing, its the new thing for 78 cards, it is a more subtle aa version that may help sort out your prob.

Its in the nvidia control panel, and its in performance and quality settings, and make sure its set to advanced, then in there is the transparency AA. you have multi sampling and super sampling. It may sort the problem that you be having.

Saying that, I have heard stories of ati owners who have upgraded to nvidia and they have been unimpressed by nvidias AA and overall picture sharpness compared to the ati's.

black on lcd's isnt as good as black on crt's.

my black on this lcd is more like a very very dark shade of grey, if i was to compare it to one of my crt's, then the crt would win hands down everytime for colour intensity and basic overall look compared to my lcd monitor.

My lcd is way better on the eyes for normal windows stuff and the text is easier and sharper to read.

less strain on the eyes with lcd, but the colours, mainly black are not as good as they are on crt's.

I can tell you all the reason for this. Its the same way a high tech color laser printer or copier works.

On a color copier or in the color world we have 4 primary colors. Yellow cyan [blue] magenta and black. The way color reproduction works in a color laser copier is that the yellow of the image is layed down first on a belt, then cyan then magenta and finally black. When all colors are on the belt it is transfered to a photosensitive drum and then to the paper. For this reason black is never a true black cause it has to try and compensate for all the colors under it. From these four colors all colors are made.

On a lcd each pixal can make yellow blue and magenta and black..BUT black is also a mixture of all of the primary colors , again black is last and so far we cannot produce a true black on any color device at this time. Things can only be tweaked to help. The same kind of story goes for scanning any document placed on a color copiers glass. 3 colors shine up together onto the glass to reflect all of the colors of your document back into the digital cells of the copier and from that a complex measuring occurs. This is another example why we dont have a true black. In a Analog or digital black and white device we can have a true black because we only use white light to reflect off the paper in a copier. Black is black and white is white. A crt basically shows us a true image because we dont have pixals shineing three colors on the class[ or at us ] trying to make what ever it is told to make. Black is made last in the digital color world. Confused:)

The 940b is the best performance and price you can get samsung has a new lcd out but its very expensive. When buying a LCD first go for performance and quality then judge how good it can make a close black, im on a samsung 997 df I have the space :)

Asus P8Z68-V GEN3/ 2500k 4.4ghz / Corsair 64gb SSD Cache / Corsair 8g 1600 ddr3 / 2 x 320gb RE3 Raid 0 /Corsair 950w/ Zotac 560TI AMP 1gb / Zalman GS1200 case /G940/

try transparency anti aliasing, its the new thing for 78 cards, it is a more subtle aa version that may help sort out your prob.

Its in the nvidia control panel, and its in performance and quality settings, and make sure its set to advanced, then in there is the transparency AA. you have multi sampling and super sampling. It may sort the problem that you be having.

Saying that, I have heard stories of ati owners who have upgraded to nvidia and they have been unimpressed by nvidias AA and overall picture sharpness compared to the ati's.

Yeah I have that running. I think my next step is to try a DVI cable.

AMD Athlon 64 3800+

1024 Corsair PC3200

XFX 7800GT

Antec True Blue 480

Samsung 940B

Track IR4

Saitek X-45 HOTAS

Win XP Pro

Count me in on that group.

AMD Athlon 64 3800+

1024 Corsair PC3200

XFX 7800GT

Antec True Blue 480

Samsung 940B

Track IR4

Saitek X-45 HOTAS

Win XP Pro