CCRP and CCIP - need be in level flight?

dr_After

I have got a question, because I have difficulties in hitting targets with unguided bombs in CCIP / CR and CCRP mode.

Are there any restrictions of flight parameters when holding the trigger? Because I often miss the targets. I designate target with TGP, use 5mil mode, bombs are released and I think that everything should be correct, but I miss.

Maybe it's forbidden to bank in this mode? Don't know :/

By how much do you miss? Unguided bombs aren't all that accurate, especially not when not dropped from a dive (in CCIP mode).

There shouldn't be any restrictions – if the weapons computer doesn't refuse to drop at all, it has a solution. Just don't change the conditions wildly, set up your bank and g load prior to getting close to release point and keep it stable until release.

By how much do you miss? Unguided bombs aren't all that accurate, especially not when not dropped from a dive (in CCIP mode).

There shouldn't be any restrictions – if the weapons computer doesn't refuse to drop at all, it has a solution. Just don't change the conditions wildly, set up your bank and g load prior to getting close to release point and keep it stable until release.

I don't know how much I miss, because I use Hat for trimming and didn't assign any key to look around (and TrackIR looking around doesn't work outside cockpit). I will assign something tonight and check.

And I was flying almost leveled, on autopilot, all was going like in the book and I had 3 misses in a row. Frustrating. No problem with regular CCIP mode, problem exists when I want to release bombs without a dive - in CCRP or CCIP / CR.

^ If not you can use the NumPad keys to look around with the exterior camera.

You can also press F6 or F7 (forgot which one exactly) to look at your bomb after you released it.

If you can upload a track it would be very helpful.

i5 4590 @ 3.77GHz | GTX 1060 6GB | 16GB 1600MHz DDR3 | 1TB HDD+500GB HDD | Win10 Home X64

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

OK, just played simple mission and my statistics are:

2 x Mk82Air Hidrag = fail

2 x Mk82Air Lowdrag = success

1 x Maverick = success

I tried to look what went wrong with hidrag Mk82. Basicaly those bombs were landing a hundred or more meters from target, even with most precise flying in CCRP. Totally unreliable for me now...

But with CCRP and low drag everything went perfect - maybe 3-6 meters from target in CCRP.

For the Mk82 AIRs, I had trouble with those until i realized they are to be used exclusively at low altitude (<3000ft) and from there i has much more success with them.

i5 4590 @ 3.77GHz | GTX 1060 6GB | 16GB 1600MHz DDR3 | 1TB HDD+500GB HDD | Win10 Home X64

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

For the Mk82 AIRs, I had trouble with those until i realized they are to be used exclusively at low altitude (<3000ft) and from there i has much more success with them.

hmm, that could be it. I was launching them from 6000 ft or more.

I increased my success with iron bombs by following the wind correction thread posted a while back. I haven't tried since 1.2.3 came out but I was successful from 10-12K feet a large percentage of the time, using Mk82 slicks. I used CCRP and level release, though.

Give it a try: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=66422

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

CPU - Intel 8088 @ 4.77 MHz; Memory - 128KB; 360KB double-sided

5 1/4" full-height floppy disk drive; 10MB Seagate ST-412 hard drive

JG-1 MiG-21bis Checklist

I increased my success with iron bombs by following the wind correction thread posted a while back. I haven't tried since 1.2.3 came out but I was successful from 10-12K feet a large percentage of the time, using Mk82 slicks. I used CCRP and level release, though.

Give it a try: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=66422

Wind correction isn't modelled. It's a pointless page and doesn't do anything. LASTE corrects automatically.

Always remember. I don't have a clue what I'm doing

i don't know either

after some tests i was pretty sure that theres was more accurate

in fact all of them just hit the head of the target

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]W10(64bit)Asus Rog Strix Z370-F - i7 8700K - Dark Rock Pro 4 - 16 giga ram Corsair vengeance 3000 - MSI RTX 2070 Super - Asus Rog Phobeus soundcard - Z906 Surround speaker - Track ir5 - HOTAS Warthog

I just don't know what to believe any more :(

GBU-12s or CBU 97s or 105s. Solves all the problems. Except if you drop a CBU with a bit of wind, better know optimal point of release.

Whole different subject but GBU-12s never fail.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

161 SquadronAustralia's DCS Community

DCS WORLDWIDE COMMUNITY TEAMSPEAK216.244.65.18:9990

See if this helps any. If you're not, try to always drop in pairs but as stated, dumb bombs arent the most accurate.

When I set release parameter to "pairs" (MK82), the bombs come off a single pylon. Not from each wing as I expect. Is this normal, or is there more parameters to be set ?

Just curious, why would it matter if they came off the same pylon or off of each wing?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"If they can make penicillin out of moldy bread, they can certainly make something out of you"

-Muhammad Ali

WIN 7 64-bit SP1 | AMD Phenom II X4 955 | 8.0 GB RAM | NVidia GeForce GTX 550Ti | CH Pro Throttle | CH Fighterstick | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR5

Just curious, why would it matter if they came off the same pylon or off of each wing?

To have a balanced wing load after the drop.

Also, I think sometimes it make sense to have a wider than longer area affected by the blast.

Make sure you have two opposite pylons selected in the DSMS.

I don't select pylons, just switch on the profile. I'll give it a try, thanks.

When I set release parameter to "pairs" (MK82), the bombs come off a single pylon. Not from each wing as I expect. Is this normal, or is there more parameters to be set ?

Do you have the bombs on stations 5 & 7 by any chance?

Spoiler

Intel 13900K (5Ghz), 64Gb 6400Mhz, MSi RTX 3090, Schiit Modi/Magi DAC/AMP, ASUS PG43UQ, Hotas Warthog, RealSimulator FSSB3, 2x TM MFDs + DCS MFDs, MFG Crosswinds, Elgato Steamdeck XL

If that fails, try selecting opposite pylons before you program the profile. It's one or the other. Because I think if you select one only it tells the computer to drop two from that pylon only. Selecting two opposite pylons should result in an even drop. afaik

Pairs cannot be released from 5 & 7 due to the proximity of the stations to each other. A ripple string will be released in station priority order, 5 first and then 7.

Keep the TERs to 3,4,8 & 9 and you'll get "proper" pairs release.

Spoiler

Intel 13900K (5Ghz), 64Gb 6400Mhz, MSi RTX 3090, Schiit Modi/Magi DAC/AMP, ASUS PG43UQ, Hotas Warthog, RealSimulator FSSB3, 2x TM MFDs + DCS MFDs, MFG Crosswinds, Elgato Steamdeck XL

Maybe it's forbidden to bank in this mode? Don't know :/

manual p. 374/672...

Projected Bomb Impact Line (PBIL). The PBIL is displayed as a line directed outward from the center of the CCIP Reticle. The PBIL is a linear prediction of where the CCIP will track across the ground. It is based upon the assumption that the aircraft will maintain present airspeed, G-load, and bank angle. If the aircraft is maneuvered to track the target down the PBIL, the pipper can be guided directly to the target even at high bank angles. If a ripple release is selected, the bomb stick will fall along the PBIL and the displayed CCIP solution is for the center of the bomb stick length.

Be mindful of erratic roll changes in CCIP or the PBIL can move from side to side on the HUD in a “windshield wiper effect”.

AWAITING ED NEW DAMAGE MODEL IMPLEMENTATION FOR WW2 BIRDS

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.

I can't tell which pylons now. Are 5 & 7 not fit for pairs ? It happens to me and my mate regularly, so I'll try with different pylons and with what 112th_Rossi suggested.

Here is a discussion of the ripple pair issue. With a nice pic of how they actually came off in the first post.

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=75977

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup: