CCRP and CCIP - need be in level flight?

dr_After

I have got a question, because I have difficulties in hitting targets with unguided bombs in CCIP / CR and CCRP mode.

Are there any restrictions of flight parameters when holding the trigger? Because I often miss the targets. I designate target with TGP, use 5mil mode, bombs are released and I think that everything should be correct, but I miss.

Maybe it's forbidden to bank in this mode? Don't know :/

Yes there are some restrictions when using CCIP or CCRP.

CCIP.jpg

Its like shooting a rifle once you designate the target if you dramatically change your aircrafts G,pitch, roll it will effect the bombs trajectory and you'll miss. Ideally you want the wings level although sometimes you can still hit the target even if they aren't.

[sIGPIC]2011subsRADM.jpg

[/sIGPIC]

manual p. 374/672...

Done some more test lately in CCRP mode with Mk82Air in high drag mode.

- Aircraft perfectly leveled at 2500 ft, good weather conditions,

- CCRP in 5MIL mode - bombs released in the middle of the circle.

- Target designated by TGP.

...Huge miss by hundred or more meters. I think that CCRP solution does not count in the wind.

All low-drag bombs are delivered succesfully 9/10. And this hi-drag unguided bombs are constantly missing their targets.

82AIRs do indeed have accuracy issues. It was reported to the bug tracker quite a while ago.

That said they are still effective when employed from a low angle high drag delivery, and in decent size strings (ripple pairs 6 is best).

Spoiler

Intel 13900K (5Ghz), 64Gb 6400Mhz, MSi RTX 3090, Schiit Modi/Magi DAC/AMP, ASUS PG43UQ, Hotas Warthog, RealSimulator FSSB3, 2x TM MFDs + DCS MFDs, MFG Crosswinds, Elgato Steamdeck XL

Done some more test lately in CCRP mode with Mk82Air in high drag mode.

- Aircraft perfectly leveled at 2500 ft, good weather conditions,

- CCRP in 5MIL mode - bombs released in the middle of the circle.

- Target designated by TGP.

...Huge miss by hundred or more meters. I think that CCRP solution does not count in the wind.

All low-drag bombs are delivered succesfully 9/10. And this hi-drag unguided bombs are constantly missing their targets.

How about elevation? Is it set to DTS? CCRP does not come with 5 mil mode, it's CCIP and termed consent to release (CR).

where there any winds in your mission? Because winds are not accounted for, even if you input LASTE correction, which is a hoax. That's why I want to know the size of the bombing reticle in Mils so I can establish a relation.

Edit: re-read your post. AIRs are bugged. Use them on safe targets ( trucks and vehicles and troops) no manpads or bmp's.

Edited by WildBillKelsoe

AWAITING ED NEW DAMAGE MODEL IMPLEMENTATION FOR WW2 BIRDS

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.