SOS: Save our Smoke!

ENO

I think we're overlooking Driver Configs..

You know, AA Type, AA Enhancments (for edges and stuff), AF Type/Settings, random Sub Settings like Triple Buffering, yada yada yada.

If someone want to see if changing settings will take away the huge FPS drops, they could.

But there is no need for us to start putting that into the posts until someone actually come up with a different results then what we are getting here atm.

When someone can show a significant different result then what we are getting, then we can start picking his setup apart and examine his settings. Until then it's just waste of time.

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think we're overlooking Driver Configs..

You know, AA Type, AA Enhancments (for edges and stuff), AF Type/Settings, random Sub Settings like Triple Buffering, yada yada yada.

Skate, I think you are on to something there. The reason I think so is that there seems to be a reoccurring theme that I have observed when reading many of the posts on this issue and that is it seems that those with the best video cards are the ones experiencing the most negative frame drops. Could it be that a simpler video card with less available processing features may actually be somewhat immune to the problem due to their limited capabilities?

I'm not smart enough to know the answer but it may be a valid question. A little knowledge is dangerous and I'm a very dangerous man :smartass:

If someone want to see if changing settings will take away the huge FPS drops, they could.

But there is no need for us to start putting that into the posts until someone actually come up with a different results then what we are getting here atm.

When someone can show a significant different result then what we are getting, then we can start picking his setup apart and examine his settings. Until then it's just waste of time.

I was just saying that because everyone is busy modding DCS Files Left and Right, and some people have FPS issues, others dont, The Files Fix some peoples issues and not others.

So it has to be an underlying issue with something in the 3d Application Profile.

There's lil settings that supplement the AA and AF settings that can cause issues, there's texture and rendering settings as well that can cause issues.

Since it's the smoke we're having issues with, We might wanna look at the Texture, AA, and AF Filter settings that pertain to transparency, sprites etc.

While Im working on DCS Stuff this week and weekend I'll play with some settings, as right now as soon as I hit pause-break I get the hit looking at smoke of targets already hit. so.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

What ya really need...

One Track - to standardise the view and give consistency whilst editing files, testing etc

Post system specs in signature

Post VGA settings/ driver version.

Edited by Wolf Rider

City Hall is easier to fight, than a boys' club - an observation :P

"Resort is had to ridicule only when reason is against us." - Jefferson

"Give a group of potheads a bunch of weed and nothing to smoke out of, and they'll quickly turn into engineers... its simply amazing."

EVGA X99 FTW, EVGA GTX980Ti FTW, i7 5930K, 16Gb Corsair Dominator 2666Hz, Windows 7 Ultimate 64Bit, Intel 520 SSD x 2, Samsung PX2370 monitor and all the other toys

-

"I am a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar"

What ya really need...

.........is to Please be Patient and await 1.2.4.

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

Im busy with Dev stuff on my end to even play 1.2.3 most of the time,

Between Dev work for group and contract with AMD for iRacing Stuff...

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

.........is to Please be Patient and await 1.2.4.

well, there is that too :)

"Give a group of potheads a bunch of weed and nothing to smoke out of, and they'll quickly turn into engineers... its simply amazing."

EVGA X99 FTW, EVGA GTX980Ti FTW, i7 5930K, 16Gb Corsair Dominator 2666Hz, Windows 7 Ultimate 64Bit, Intel 520 SSD x 2, Samsung PX2370 monitor and all the other toys

-

is that a hint that 1.2.4 is soon? lol

Yeah maybe 16qxaa or whatnot is overkill....

I will have to dig throughout the sub nvidia settings and look at, AA, AF, tesalation settings etc.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

BUILD -CaseLabs SMA8 w/ i7 6700(4.7 OC), Dual Custom Watercooling loops(CPU,MOBO and Gcards on own loops), Gigabyte G1 Gaming z170, 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 2666, 2x Kingston Savage 960GB SSD's, 2x WD Black 4TB drives, 2x Gigabyte GTX 1080ti's, EVGA Supernova P2 1200w PSU, Creative Zx.

Monitors - ASUS Predator z35p 35" 3440x1440, LG 34UC87C 34" 3440x1440 Ultrawide.

cockpit - oButto R3evolution

I have deleted(possible to just rename tho) all the ground*.pfx files in the 3 folders low - high (backup first)

And smokecloud.pfx too

Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\Bazar\Effects\PFX\

I seemed to get rid of the black smoke and got fps back on bomb runs.

Edited by Cnuke

Regardless of the game type, if it is not written well it cant be read well. If WoW, CoV/CoH or any other mmo, open sandbox game runs with all the bells and whistles, then it is a purelly written error. X64, multicore etc need to be utilized. We will see in the future releases but i am not buying anymore modules till they fix what I have.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

BUILD -CaseLabs SMA8 w/ i7 6700(4.7 OC), Dual Custom Watercooling loops(CPU,MOBO and Gcards on own loops), Gigabyte G1 Gaming z170, 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 2666, 2x Kingston Savage 960GB SSD's, 2x WD Black 4TB drives, 2x Gigabyte GTX 1080ti's, EVGA Supernova P2 1200w PSU, Creative Zx.

Monitors - ASUS Predator z35p 35" 3440x1440, LG 34UC87C 34" 3440x1440 Ultrawide.

cockpit - oButto R3evolution

Well that's a shame...

Gotta keep in mind though, that not everybody is having the same performance issues as others seem to be having - why could this be?

-

I'm wondering if different generation CPUs are processing at different rates. Do those of us with the Gen 1 I7s (920/30/50/80/90) experience more of a beating than the folks with the new spitfires a la sandy / ivy. (2nd / 3rd gen).

Any connection?

"ENO"

Type in anger and you will make the greatest post you will ever regret.

"Sweetest's" Military Aviation Art

Having the same issue game becomes a flick book when looking at even one smoking wreck hope the upcoming patch fixes this as it's a game breaker for me in a combat sim.

Going to try the user smoke fix until then. ty to the creator for you're time even if it don't work.

Equip the Huey with a Bambi bucket, they can then extinguish all the burning wrecks giveing the new Huey pilots some purpose in game (kill two birds with one stone) lol.

Equip the Huey with a Bambi bucket, they can then extinguish all the burning wrecks giveing the new Huey pilots some purpose in game (kill two birds with one stone) lol.

For shame, reusing material already. ;)

If they give us a Bambi bucket, perhap's we shall be able to extinguish some of them burning wrecks that so many people are getting fps hits with lol

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup: