nothing works now

robertemmer

I bought my upgrade ka and cs and the p-51 and now nothing works. I keep getting the microsoft error. I run fsx and many add ons but this is starting to piss me off after 4 hours and 40 bucks of not working. Everything works but this. If you are wondering, I have a fast system. Id cant fly my a-10 or old ka either. I cant believe its this late and Im sitting here worrying. Any ideas? 3gb switch doesnt work well with 16 gbs of ram. Id appreciate some help.

And at this point, 40 bucks thrown in the fire... Why doesnt the ticket system work? Took my 40 plus some others and went out to spend our hard earned money with no support..?????

Edited by robertemmer

I bought my upgrade ka and cs and the p-51 and now nothing works. I keep getting the microsoft error. I run fsx and many add ons but this is starting to piss me off after 4 hours and 40 bucks of not working. Everything works but this. If you are wondering, I have a fast system. Id cant fly my a-10 or old ka either. I cant believe its this late and Im sitting here worrying. Any ideas? 3gb switch doesn't work well with 16 gbs of ram. Id appreciate some help.

And at this point, 40 bucks thrown in the fire... Why doesn't the ticket system work? Took my 40 plus some others and went out to spend our hard earned money with no support..?????

so you do now it doesn't fully support Win XP anymore right?

ED is transitioning to 64 bit as the memory address system is higher.

So win 7 64 bit and a 64 bit system is your best bet. I wouldn't upgrade to a win8 as it doesn't like you writing to the documents folder.

http://www.microsoft.com/enable/aging/tips.aspx

Edited by Mastiff

" any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "  W Forbes

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts,"  Winston Churchill

" He who never changes his mind, never changes anything," 

MSI z690MPG DDR4 || i914900k|| ddr4-64gb PC3200 || MSI RTX 4070Ti|Game1300w|Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 5.1|| ViRpiL,T50cm2|| MFG Crosswinds|| VT50CM-plus rotor Throttle || G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseLogitech || PiMax Crystal VR || 32 Samsung||

^ If XP is really the issue, then it should be removed in the 'Minimum Requirements' list for both of those products in the ED E-shop.

Some questions:

1. What's the Microsoft error you're getting?

2. Are you running more than one monitor? (If so, check that Full Screen is disabled in the options).

I bought my upgrade ka and cs and the p-51 and now nothing works. I keep getting the microsoft error. I run fsx and many add ons but this is starting to piss me off after 4 hours and 40 bucks of not working. Everything works but this. If you are wondering, I have a fast system. Id cant fly my a-10 or old ka either. I cant believe its this late and Im sitting here worrying. Any ideas? 3gb switch doesnt work well with 16 gbs of ram. Id appreciate some help.

And at this point, 40 bucks thrown in the fire... Why doesnt the ticket system work? Took my 40 plus some others and went out to spend our hard earned money with no support..?????

The /3gb switch is necessary for XP, you must use it.. Also more detail on the error you are seeing would be helpful. And as an aside, 16gb in a 32bit OS? You are aware it can only ever use 4gb of that, unless you use a 64bit version Windows. That is 12gb going to waste in your computer right now.

Nate

No information about the system, the OS version, software (old standalone or DCS World modules), no dxdiag.. but multiple times said that he threw away 40 bucks.

Sorry guy, only thing I can say is: good luck solving the problem in YOUR system. It's not the fault of the game.

"Sieh nur, wie majestätisch du durch die Luft segelst. Wie ein Adler. Ein fetter Adler."

http://www.space-view.net